Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)

First off, FUCK ROB ZOMBIE!!! This movie didn't have shit to do with the original except have the names of the people. Is says michael was 10 in the beginning of the movie instead of 6, it said he toutured animals and had killer warning signs while he did not. It says he had abusive parents (step dad) and his mom was a stripper when in actuality his parents were intact and were going to a halloween party that night. He killed like 4 people that night instead of just his sister. It has nothing to do with the celtic seed thing and in the book it even said he loved his parents (but because of the seed thing) he hated the idea of his sister reproducing and thats why he killed her. Thats just the bulshit in the first 10 minutes. Most of the killings happen in michaels old house when no one stepped foot in that fucking house until halloween 2.

Garbage film, garbage director, and if i ever see rob zombie i'm gonna fucking beat his ass and ask for my $8 back. Fucking peice of shit ruining a classic film like that. He better not try to make a fucking sequel.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)

Welcome to Hollywood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the kicker is the people i was with that it was awesome. They said it was better than the original because it "makes more sense" on how it "should have happened". They don't understand that that movie creates a whole new michael myers.

Originally: He kills his sister because the curse of the seed finally catches up to him. He speaks to nobody for 15 years and isn't gonna be tryed until his 21st birthday. He kills all the guards in the clinic, lets the other prisoners escape and with a ghost sheet he makes his way to a store by stealing the car loomis and his sister were driving.

The one: He talks to loomis and kills a nurse in the hospital. He has a mask making thing where he always liked making masks to "hide his ugliness". WHen he meets his younger sister he shows her a photograph of him and her when they were little to try and say "i love you" or something. This in itself completely goes against the celtic seed basis for the whole fucking series.

Fuck rob zombie and anybody who thinks that movie is worth anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On top of all that bullshit, they fucking killed loomis off. WTF!? WHy did this movie even go into production. There was a bunch of naked women and some blood, i guess that in itself should nominate it for an oscar. Fucking bullshit hollywood producers thinking they are "cutting edge". I woulda fucking walked out after the first 10 minutes but i was sitting to a friend of mine's gf was there and we talked for a good bit thru the movie and i guess they're on shaky ground and i think if things go south for them i'm the one she'll turn to. Syupid movie ruined my fucking buzz. FUCK rob zombie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There wasn't any fucking mental issues he had either or phycosis or w/e it was called int he trailer's preview, he just inheirited the evil thru his celtic bloodline. He wasn't good and beaten into being evil, he was evil embodied into the form of a man. Seriously, tell everybody yu now to not go see the film, i want the fucker to lose money on it. Should be sued for faulty advertisement, he advertised a remake of a classic movie and ended up showing over and hour of moving shit on the screen. Motherfucker had to ruin my favorite horror movie dude.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst I agree with you that Hollywood has a tendancy to bastardise everything it touches.........you do realise that the original Halloween wasn't a true story right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Whilst I agree with you that Hollywood has a tendancy to bastardise everything it touches.........you do realise that the original Halloween wasn't a true story right
    Obviously but don't go making a good movie a shitty movie. Thats why the first one wa sbetter because it was way off the wall and had a plot that was completely fictionized. This one made it so that it could really happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually liked the new Halloween movie much better than the others, and I give Rob Zombie credit for making a "new," movie out of the original instead of just trying to re-do it like all the flops that have come out in the last few years.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen it yet, House of 1000 Corpses was absolutely awful but Devils Rejects was very good, it's like a tale of two directors, he matured a lot but going back and watching it, you can see the potential in House of 1000 Corpses. I'm really looking forward to this, as always, you can't think about the original when it's a remake.

The Director of Photography is probably the second most important guy on set for a horror movie. The cinematographer for Devils Rejects is also doing Halloween. His name is Phil Pharmet and he is one of the best imo. Does an excellent job.

He did Animal Factory, he basically made the movie. Excellent movie if you haven't seen it btw, it's directed by Steve Buscemhi. (sp?)

Sadly though, I'll be seeing 3:10 To Yuma next time I go to the theatres, not sure if I'm going to have the chance to see Halloween.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok i need to clarify something because I was jacked out of my mind when i wrote that. The movie by itself was OK. It would've been good if it didn't have something that it was following. If he would've named it something else and changed the names of everything, great movie but because it had the name of a classic, i just couldn't watch it without comparing it to the original and how the plot should've happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This one was kinda like halloween 6. Only difference is halloween 6 had cliched guitar slides and heavy metal remixes of the halloween theme thruout the whole movie. Most of mike's best kills are in 6. That movie deserved an oscar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's not supposed to be like the original thats why they call it a remake.
    you have to pretend that the originals never existed and that this new one is the original.
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Doot
    it's not supposed to be like the original thats why they call it a remake.
    you have to pretend that the originals never existed and that this new one is the original.
    I'm to much of a biased asshole to pull that off. I was told that it was just explaining the first one better and not a remake. If I had 100% confirmation that it didn't have shit to do with the first one, i wouldn't of gone to see it. If you can ignore the first one ever happening tho, it's decent i suppose. Again it's alot like H6.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont even think I have seen the first one in full
    I missed most of the halloween movies not sure why, ive seen all the freddies and jasons.
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    First off, F*** ROB ZOMBIE!!! This movie didn't have S*** to do with the original except have the names of the people. Is says michael was 10 in the beginning of the movie instead of 6, it said he toutured animals and had killer warning signs while he did not. It says he had abusive parents (step dad) and his mom was a stripper when in actuality his parents were intact and were going to a halloween party that night. He killed like 4 people that night instead of just his sister. It has nothing to do with the celtic seed thing and in the book it even said he loved his parents (but because of the seed thing) he hated the idea of his sister reproducing and thats why he killed her. Thats just the bulshit in the first 10 minutes. Most of the killings happen in michaels old house when no one stepped foot in that F****** house until halloween 2.

Garbage film, garbage director, and if i ever see rob zombie i'm gonna F****** beat his a** and ask for my $8 back. F****** peice of S*** ruining a classic film like that. He better not try to make a F****** sequel.
    Isn't that celtic seed thing revealed in one of the latter sequels? I think Zombie probably doesn't accept that as canon- perhaps just the first two movies. I personally liked the idea that there was absolutely NO explanation as to why Myers did what he did just why there was no explanation as to why he was practically indestructible.

Now when you see a remake you have to accept the high possibility that SOMETHING's going to be different. Hopefully some things will be better, but often times they're not (anyone see the "Hitcher" remake?). But nonetheless, it was explained well in advance that this is a reboot, a reimagining of Michael Myers rather than a run-of-the-mill remake. You had to have seen it coming.
    Oops

Thread Information