Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Could anyone from today's current crop beat Eder Jofre ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Could anyone from today's current crop beat Eder Jofre ?

I consider Jofre to be one of, if not the greatest Batam Of All-time. But could anyone orm today beat him ??

I think Vasquez's toughness would be a problem for him and Marquez would give him a battle too, but I see Eder beating both.

Anyone else got any opinions on who could beat him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Could anyone from today's current crop beat Eder Jofre ?

I think Marquez knocks him out

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I think Marquez knocks him out
    I second that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jofre takes both Vazquez and Marquez to school, no way Rafael Marquez is the greatest bantamweight of all time! Jofre had everything going for him except a high profile in the US. 72-2 with 50 KOs and his only losses were to the great Fighting Harada, he comes back at age 34 after a three year layoff and destroys the great Mexican Featherweight King Vicente Saldivar in 4 rounds. Eder Jofre is the Golden Bantam.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Jofre takes both Vazquez and Marquez to school, no way Rafael Marquez is the greatest bantamweight of all time! Jofre had everything going for him except a high profile in the US. 72-2 with 50 KOs and his only losses were to the great Fighting Harada, he comes back at age 34 after a three year layoff and destroys the great Mexican Featherweight King Vicente Saldivar in 4 rounds. Eder Jofre is the Golden Bantam.
    I only say that because i haven't seen enough of Jofre to say that he can win i have seen very little footage of his fights where as with Marquez i've seen loads.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eder Jofre vs Pacquaio (during bantamweight). Pacquaio may have knocked him off.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, Marquez knocks him out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say this VD, at least you tell it like it is and i admire you're forthright opinion.
    Would Marquez have stopped Olivares?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say this VD, at least you tell it like it is and i admire you're forthright opinion.
    No

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No
    At least we agree on that!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Alan Rudkin Boxed Rubin Bobby Niel his manager went to see Rubin work out. Bobby told me he was sparring with the World Lightweight champion. Seeing Bobby in the crowd he came over to Bobby and said you come to have a look Bobby said yes. Anyway in the 2nd rd Rubin sparks the guy comes over to Bobby and asks if hes seen enougth, Bobby said Scrap I was Shitting myself for Alan thinking what the fuck. Rudkin was a good fighter but against him no way. Before the white stuff got him Rubin was the best Bantam Id seen, Him and Jofre, That would have been some fight
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think both Rafa & Israel would have given him some tuff fights, but IMO 'Golden Bantam' beats them both.
    IMO aside from those 2 none of the rest of the guys would be much against Jofre.
    Olivares IMO is the best Bantam ever followed by Harada with Jofre at #3.

Thread Information