Thread: Andre: Some thoughts worth sharing [Recovered from February 20, 2004]

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre: Some thoughts worth sharing [Recovered from February 20, 2004]

http://web.archive.org/web/200501140...ic,2475.0.html

From Bill to Andre
    Quote:
    I think your ideas have good reasoning - ive just been praticing switching stance to try and get more comftable fighting otherdox (southpaw naturally) hard work but can certianly see how benificial it would be with pratice - im from south london, been wieght triaing for about 8 months and now im really keen to get into boxing. you see b4 my uncle died he gave me all his triaing equipment so out of respect for him im gonna try and give it a good go - adrian i trian on my weights 2/3 times a week... i wonna start on the boxing side of things at the end of month proply, ive worked out a few good circuts that im gonna do but im not sure weather to carry on wiv the wieghts 3 x a week or cut it down or out all together - wot i thought id do is as follows

Monday: Weight Lifting
    Tuseday: Circut triaing/road work
    Wednesday: Weight Triaing
    Thursday: Circut Trianing/bag work
    Friday: Weight Lifting
    SAT: rest
    SUN: rest

Wot u reckon mate OTT - to much of one not enough of the other??
    i apprciate that it is diffrent for diffrent people but the basic princables must be the same....
    im 6ft 3" and 13 stone if ti helps, thanks again anway mate

Andre:
    Its ok to mess around switching and finding out what your comfortable with, but dont start your whole boxing carrera trying to be advanced without doing the ground work and getting all your basic punches down exactly.
    With weights be careful not build up the muscles under your armpits too much! (I should remember them but forget there names ) They will lift your arms up and hang them out wide and stop you from throwing a straight jab without having to adjust and move your body first. Thats the end of your boxing right there if you build up those,because boxing is about getting off shots without the opponent getting to see them comming.
    This is acheived through natural build up in muscle tone and speed through practiceing those punches correctly. Any short cuts f*** you up and the ones who do the real work and are natural fighters who have worked on theri natural builds and natural abilitys have the focus to see your shots comming from a mile away ,so be very careful. Fitness is first and paramount,Technique is first in the fighting learning curve.

Stretching is the next main thing aside from technique.
    If your flexable in your hips knees ankles spine and neck . you can aviod punches off a pro fighter and really mess with their minds which is something you have do if you going to go all the way.
    There are thousands of fighters ,but the real money and glory is taken by only a few and they have chosen the right pathways to get there both in training and the people they fight along the way.
    The whole thing is planned from start to finish.
    BUT THE TRAINING From the most important ... #1 Technique,speed ,flexability and focus =efficency once your efficent you can experiment with timing . there is no short cuts ,know exactly what it is you want to achieve and train to suit only that with no short cuts . Fitness is the start to it all your right there, but dont overbuild the wrong muscle groups. Go to a boxing trainer in a Gym and talk to them first.
    This is a good talking point, I know this is a private message but Im going to post it up to share ,hope you alright with that .

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 02:04:03 AM »

Sorry I was thinking lats i had a block. "You know, go to far with them and your swinging ".
    I know many of the guys in here love the weights but I have never seen a pro type lifter ever take a belt out or go far in the sport. The heavier the weight you fight in though, the more likely you'll get away with it.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 01-31-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre: Some thoughts worth sharing [Recovered from February 20, 2004]

Needs a reminder about the difference between power lifting and body building in there! how body building is detrimental to fighting,power lifts a benifit if done in sync with your routine.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information