i think mayweather. if they were to fight i would want oscar to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar DeLaHoya vs. Floyd Mayweather

I could see PBF frustrating ODLH for most of the fight. PBF would use that pinpoint jab to the stomach and face all night. ODLH is very patient though and he would adjust and probably throw combos as PBF was coming in to scare PBF from reaching with the jab. ODLH looked great against Mayorga but PBF's speed and defense is bananas. Seriously, ODLH has power, but everyone that has ever faced PBF has had more power than him, if good power punchers like Corrales, Judah, Castillo, Gatti, could hardly land any clean punch on the chin, much less a power punch, I just don't see how ODLH is any different. Every fight people are always like "if Floyd gets caught, it's over" and that might be true, but the guy hardly gets caught cleanly. What I am scared about is that shot Judah hit him with in the fourth round of their fight. The guy was truly buzzed even though he was smiling through his gloves at Judah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    I could see PBF frustrating ODLH for most of the fight. PBF would use that pinpoint jab to the stomach and face all night. ODLH is very patient though and he would adjust and probably throw combos as PBF was coming in to scare PBF from reaching with the jab. ODLH looked great against Mayorga but PBF's speed and defense is bananas. Seriously, ODLH has power, but everyone that has ever faced PBF has had more power than him, if good power punchers like Corrales, Judah, Castillo, Gatti, could hardly land any clean punch on the chin, much less a power punch, I just don't see how ODLH is any different. Every fight people are always like "if Floyd gets caught, it's over" and that might be true, but the guy hardly gets caught cleanly. What I am scared about is that shot Judah hit him with in the fourth round of their fight. The guy was truly buzzed even though he was smiling through his gloves at Judah.
    What about the fact that Oscar would KTFO of Corrales, Judah, Castillo and Gatti!! none of those guys fight at 154

Everyone thinks Floyd is going to outbox Oscar so easily but who the hell ever has out boxed him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at 154 ODLH will beat PBF......at 147 flip a coin and ODLH still wins.....I think ODLH has found some serious power recently and it makes for an extremely long day for PBF.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dela hoya by ud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    What about the fact that Oscar would KTFO of Corrales, Judah, Castillo and Gatti!! none of those guys fight at 154

Everyone thinks Floyd is going to outbox Oscar so easily but who the hell ever has out boxed him?

mosely did a pretty good job of out-boxing oscar
    hopkins was also doing a great job of outboxing oscar too, until he knocked him out
    i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd mayweather is the best fighter weve seen in a very long while
    floyd by late ko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

hopkins was also doing a great job of outboxing oscar too, until he knocked him out
    i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd by late ko
    It could be argued that Mosely and Hopkins were both p4p number 1 when they fought Oscar, it could also be argued that Oscar won the 2nd Mosely fight and a single punch verses Hopkins doesn't equate to being totally outclassed.

What p4p guys has Floyd shared the ring with in the last 4 years? or just above Super Featherweight for that matter?

If Oscar is 100% fit and Floyd senior is genuinely training him to win then you will see Floyd get stopped for the first time in his career or lose a by UD at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd by late ko
    It could be argued that Mosely and Hopkins were both p4p number 1 when they fought Oscar, it could also be argued that Oscar won the 2nd Mosely fight and a single punch verses Hopkins doesn't equate to being totally outclassed.

What p4p guys has Floyd shared the ring with in the last 4 years? or just above Super Featherweight for that matter?

If Oscar is 100% fit and Floyd senior is genuinely training him to win then you will see Floyd get stopped for the first time in his career or lose a by UD at the very least.

if that were true then oscar would be willing to fight him. he bit off more than he could chew when he started talking floyd

oscar came back from his layoff STRONG, but backed down to a top p4p fighter.
    so in the meantime, go ahead and give all these stupid reasons and excuses about why oscar wont step in the ring with floyd, but keep in mind that everything was a go............except oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd by late ko

if that were true then oscar would be willing to fight him. he bit off more than he could chew when he started talking floyd

so in the meantime, go ahead and give all these stupid reasons and excuses about why oscar wont step in the ring with floyd, but keep in mind that everything was a go............except oscar.
    If the man questions his own desire to fight or is carrying injuries this late in his career following the Mayorga win, who are we to blame him for not wanting to risk anything else.

For you to insinuate that he is scared of PBF is ludicrous!!! I know I sound like a broken record but how can squaring off from lil'Floyd be any more daunting than..

Pernell Whitaker
    Felix Trinidad
    Fernando Vargas
    Shane Mosley
    Felix Sturm
    Bernard Hopkins

Fact is Floyd has never fought anyone that has a chin as good, can crack as good, can box as good and can finish a guy off as good as Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd by late ko

If the man questions his own desire to fight or is carrying injuries this late in his career following the Mayorga win, who are we to blame him for not wanting to risk anything else.

For you to insinuate that he is scared of PBF is ludicrous!!! I know I sound like a broken record but how can squaring off from lil'Floyd be any more daunting than..

Pernell Whitaker
    Felix Trinidad
    Fernando Vargas
    Shane Mosley
    Felix Sturm
    Bernard Hopkins

Fact is Floyd has never fought anyone that has a chin as good, can crack as good, can box as good and can finish a guy off as good as Oscar.

wow.......did you see oscar vs. pernell or sturm, cant say he clearly won those fights.....in fact, those two go out as 2 of the biggest robberies of all time

so he did fight b-hop, and got knocked out

he LOST to trinidad

which leaves vargas (not exactly a legend) and mosely (remember those fights?)

hmmmmmm.........so your boy is 3 of 7 with 2 of those victories being extremely controversial.
    youre not exactly making a great case for oscar

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aint read all this, but laughable to call De La Hoya v Whitaker a robbery - infact I just don't see how anybody could give that fight to Sweet P

Most people give him the 1st 7 rounds against Tito

I think he lost:

Mosely I
    Sturm
    B-Hop

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do like oscar, though
    but.................
    floyd by late ko

Pernell Whitaker
    Felix Trinidad
    Fernando Vargas
    Shane Mosley
    Felix Sturm
    Bernard Hopkins

wow.......did you see oscar vs. pernell or sturm, cant say he clearly won those fights.....in fact, those two go out as 2 of the biggest robberies of all time

so he did fight b-hop, and got knocked out

he LOST to trinidad

which leaves vargas (not exactly a legend) and mosely (remember those fights?)

hmmmmmm.........so your boy is 3 of 7 with 2 of those victories being extremely controversial.
    youre not exactly making a great case for oscar
    Thanks for reminding me about this topic H

My point is the quality of competition Oscar has faced not the result. but either way they were all close fights.

Now Oscar has stated that he will not fight Floyd lower than 154 and we all saw how much speed and power Floyd lost against Judah so how much speed and power do you think he will carry up to 154 when he changes from 8 ounce to 10 ounce WINNINGS?

Floyd will lose this fight mark my words and if Oscar isn't carring injuries plus his camp goes well with Snr then I will make a ton of money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Round 1: Oscar dances around, trying to look like he's a warrior ready to pounce... meanwhile, he also tries to smile and look good for the ringside cameras.

Round 2: Floyd throws a good punch in Oscar's direction... Oscar falls to the canvas and writhes in pain 'cause his hair has been mussed up. Referee reaches the count of 10.

Post-Fight Interview: Oscar swears that he would have gotten up had he been able to, 'cause we all know the kind of warrior he is. Somewhere, millions of real boxing fans are throwing up all at once.

Next-Day Headlines: Oscar is touted as a future Hall of Famer, because he has such a pretty smile and is totally bilingual.

Tito fans still exist This is funny!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya will have to much power at 154 pounds for PBF to handle, but if the fight happens in may 7th 2007, that means another 1 year lay off for the golden boy, this may cause a little ring rust. Oscar has been in the ring with fighters as skillful as PBF such as Shane Mosley and Felix Trinidad, we all know he beat Mosley the second time, and he could have easily won the Trinidad fight, this gives Oscar more experience so he knows he must not get lazy in the late rounds like he did with Trinidad and even in the Mosley one to an extent. Mayorga was clearly hand picked for Oscar, but Oscar did show he has a chin of iron when he took that right uppercut from Mayorga and stared right back into Mayorga's eyes, so he will have no problem taking Floyds punches on the chin, PBF is the 1 who needs to be worried, Oscar will be the first big puncher that Floyd has fought, and at 154 pounds, Oscar is the king, so he will also come into the ring with a mental edge. I doubt that Oscar can beat Floyd by a decision because Floyd will have to many skills to maybe get ahead in the points, not to mention that Las Vegas judges never seem to favour Oscar. Oscar has to win by KO or TKO. I believe Floyd hasn't got enough power at 154 to hurt Oscar, but as he is so good defensively Oscar will have to wait till the later rounds before he can get clean punches landing to hurt PBF. Floyds only shot of winning is to stick and move for 12 rounds of Oscar chasing him, this wouldn't particulary be a very exciting fight to watch unless Floyd surprises us all and decides to go toe-to-toe with Oscar, that would make a great fight, but Floyd would definitely get knocked out. Oscar will catch him in the later rounds, and punish him like he did to Vargas and Mayorga. My worry for Oscar is that he may need to be a little more motivated to fight to really have a good chance, he was motivated by Mayorga because of the insults, he wanted to erase the memory of being knocked out by Bernard Hopkins, and he wanted to be certain that he would soon be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame. He has now done all those things. The only remaining thing is the money, but surely for a guy who has made so much in his career, it can't be much of a motivation, although you can't just ignore $40 million, so maybe that is his motivation, or to prove he is the best pound for pound fighter once again, whatever his motivation is, I just hope its something that matters to him enough to beat PBF.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH is not anywhere near Floyd's level now. Mayweather will show him up, & then probably stop him
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information