0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar DeLaHoya vs. Floyd Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by bigjess31
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Diego Corrales is 5'11". At the time when he fought PBF he was 33-0, 9 wins more than PBF at the time. Floyd through the first few rounds jabbed him to the chest at will with Corrales barely able to lay a glove on him.

DLH is 5'10.5". Granted his arms are 3 inches longer than Corrales', they are also only 1 inch longer than PBF's. If you think he's afraid to get inside and paint DLH's breastbone you are mistaken. PBF and DLH will be 30 and 34 respectively, next month. All that vaunted speed people tout DLH has was never as much as PBF's to begin with; he's bound to have lost a step in that aspect of his game (though I think he will have made up for it with ring intelligence). Watch, the first 3 rounds will be how frequently DLH's body gets touched then the next 3 PBF will work him upstairs and let DLH chase him around and tire out those legs. And after 7 DLH will look more like 44 as he all but cruises to an L. Maybe he tries a rally in the 10th or 11th but once that peters out it'll be a fargone conclusion.

Remember, PBF doesn't HAVE to come in at 154. He could easily step in at 150 to keep from having 7 pounds of additional mass to carry around the whole night.
    If he comes in too light he will be physically dominated. The matter of fact is that Oscar is bigger, stronger, and has a reach advantage. Everybody is talking about Floyd's skill as if Oscar didn't have any. Oscar has fought the better competition, of small fast fighters, and big strong fighters. Floyds never fought anyone with a height and reach advantage on him, so it will be a first. Floyd has a chance, but it is a slim one, because there is NO WAY that at 154 he can hurt Oscar. Plus, Oscar will be sparring with Shane Mosley to prepare for the fight along with other speedy fighters from his goldenboy promotions stable.
    OSCAR TKO 9

i think itll be a competetive fight but i think floyd shouldnt com ein havey hes fine the way he is and i dont think de la hoya can beat floyd........... everyone knows the only way delahoya can win is knockout but when is the last good slick style fighter de la hoya knocked out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant wait to hear the reasons why DLH got schooled come may 6th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would think that Floyd is very aware of the bodyshot that Bernard landed on Oscar. Do not be surprised if you see Floyd work the body in this fight.. I think Floyd has the potential to look very good in this fight.. The thing he has to worry about is Oscar's left hook counter.So he has to work Oscar over for a few rounds and get him tired and then start to pick him apart.

Thread Information