Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Predictions for 2008.

Now these are some things that i can see happening next year. Probably all wrong.
    But here goes.
    Joe Calzaghe defeats Kessler in a close, (some say hometown) decision, he then makes a much anticipated and overdue match against Roy Jones, who destroys Tito Trinidad in 5 rounds. Kessler fights a returning from eye injury Anthony Mundine, and Tito retires again.
    After a tough battle against Ricky Hatton that he wins, Floyd Mayweather fights Mguel Cotto who has just won a war against Shane Mosely, and proved himself a top dog at 147. Mosely puts his frienship with Oscar DLH on hold and they match up in a third fight then both retire. Hatton moves back down to 140 and fights Junior Witter in the UK in front of a huge crowd.
    Kelly Pavlik defeats Jermain Taylor in a close fight where both are knocked down once. Straight away a rematch is announced.
    Manny Pac wins a great fight against Marco Antonio Barrera where he has to come off the canvas twice early to dominate the latter rounds and win via tko in the 12th. Barrera retires for a short time, Pac makes a match up with lightweight champ Juan Diaz.

Those are the scenarios i have dreamt up. Anyone disagree or wanna add something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Predictions for 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Manny Pac wins a great fight against Marco Antonio Barrera where he has to come off the canvas twice early to dominate the latter rounds and win via tko in the 12th. Barrera retires for a short time, Pac makes a match up with lightweight champ Juan Diaz.

Those are the scenarios i have dreamt up. Anyone disagree or wanna add something?
    Pac picking himself up from the canvas twice against MAB? That just made my day.

In 2008, Pac will take care of JMM, Soto, and Guzman. Then he'll move up in weight in 09 to face JD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My boldest prediction for 08' is that Joan Guzman is king of the 130lbers and is P4P top 3.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now these are some things that i can see happening next year. Probably all wrong.
    But here goes.
    Joe Calzaghe defeats Kessler in a close, (some say hometown) decision, he then makes a much anticipated and overdue match against Roy Jones, who destroys Tito Trinidad in 5 rounds. Kessler fights a returning from eye injury Anthony Mundine, and Tito retires again.
    After a tough battle against Ricky Hatton that he wins, Floyd Mayweather fights Mguel Cotto who has just won a war against Shane Mosely, and proved himself a top dog at 147. Mosely puts his frienship with Oscar DLH on hold and they match up in a third fight then both retire. Hatton moves back down to 140 and fights Junior Witter in the UK in front of a huge crowd.
    Kelly Pavlik defeats Jermain Taylor in a close fight where both are knocked down once. Straight away a rematch is announced.

Good dreaming there Eagle, I think Kessler will beat Calzaghe and a rematch will be made immediately for March/April next year. Mayweather will fight Cotto in April/May, Pavlik will beat Taylor and a rematch is made. Jones jr will KO Tito and go to Australia to fight a recovering Mundine.
    Hatton will stay at 147lb and fight Judah at some point. Tszyu will come out of retirement and fight Witter at 140lb and win by KO in the first!!! S**t, it was me who was dreaming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    But here goes.

Good dreaming there Eagle, I think Kessler will beat Calzaghe and a rematch will be made immediately for March/April next year. Mayweather will fight Cotto in April/May, Pavlik will beat Taylor and a rematch is made. Jones jr will KO Tito and go to Australia to fight a recovering Mundine.
    Hatton will stay at 147lb and fight Judah at some point. Tszyu will come out of retirement and fight Witter at 140lb and win by KO in the first!!! S**t, it was me who was dreaming!
    Can u imagine prime KT against the current crop of 140 pounders? it'd be brutal! Malignaggi, and Witter would be Taylor made for Kostya to KTFO.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But here goes.

Can u imagine prime KT against the current crop of 140 pounders? it'd be brutal! Malignaggi, and Witter would be Taylor made for Kostya to KTFO.
    Malignaggi and Witter are actually taylor made to frustrate the hell out of Tyszu. Look how slow and ponderous he looked against Zab before Zab got careless.

Not sure if Witter or Malignaggi beat a prime Tyszu (malignaggi not enough power, Witter might be too negative) but they'd sure give him fits. He'd be chasing shadows especially against Witter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    But here goes.

Malignaggi and Witter are actually taylor made to frustrate the hell out of Tyszu. Look how slow and ponderous he looked against Zab before Zab got careless.

Not sure if Witter or Malignaggi beat a prime Tyszu (malignaggi not enough power, Witter might be too negative) but they'd sure give him fits. He'd be chasing shadows especially against Witter.
    Clueless aren't you mate, watch some Kostya Tszyu fights and you'll realise they'd all be dead meat. Witter and Malignaggi pull away after they throw a shot, thats how Tszyu handled so many technically correct "boxers" with that point scoring style, both pro and amateur. Watch him serve up Vernon Forrest in the am's, he has the perfect style to derail boxers, that is why he was so highly regarded in The Ring and p4p's everywhere for years.

Why do you think everyone ducked him for years, Oscar, Mosley, Whitaker....
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by \'Big\' Dan McCarthy
    But here goes.

Can u imagine prime KT against the current crop of 140 pounders? it\'d be brutal! Malignaggi, and Witter would be Taylor made for Kostya to KTFO.

Not sure if Witter or Malignaggi beat a prime Tyszu (malignaggi not enough power, Witter might be too negative) but they\'d sure give him fits. He\'d be chasing shadows especially against Witter.
    Clueless aren\'t you mate, watch some Kostya Tszyu fights and you\'ll realise they\'d all be dead meat. Witter and Malignaggi pull away after they throw a shot, thats how Tszyu handled so many technically correct \"boxers\" with that point scoring style, both pro and amateur. Watch him serve up Vernon Forrest in the am\'s, he has the perfect style to derail boxers, that is why he was so highly regarded in The Ring and p4p\'s everywhere for years.

When exactly did Whitaker duck Tszyu? That\'s just foolish to say.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slow and ponderous against Judah, it was like a lamb to the slaughter and apart from one uppercut and a clumsy flurry across the ring in the first round what did Judah do in that fight except get flattened?
    Witter wouldn't last much longer. If KT cameback now he would still take Witter in less than two rounds

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This took me a while to get together as I wanted to put some thought into it....
    I think it's a really good topic and CC#90 egale for the topic.

Here goes then a look into the year 2008.....

• Wladdy will fight Evander and defeat him in a barnburner of a fight then he'll rematch Peter (Peter WBC Champ by now) and Wladdy will defeat him again this time via TKO. Wladdy becomes undisputed Heavy and solidifies his legacy as one of the best Heavys ever.
    • BCD defeats Tarver as he outpoints him to a UD where Tarver files a complaint that he was fed one too many 'Flinestones' vitamins. BCD then takes on Erdei where he wins a hard fought fight. Getting off the canvas early in the fight.
    • After defeating Calzaghe, Kess moves on to fight Mundine to settle the score about this whole Champ & Super Champ bullshit and Kess this time knocks him the FWOCK OUT!!
    • PBF will loose in 2008 to someone who we just didn't expect, then everyone will say he was past his best or say he didn't have his heart in it anymore or some bullshit excuse.
    • Joel Julio will loose again as a Light Middleweight this time, the second he faces a Worl Class opponent.
    • After defeating SSM, Cotto begins to make his was towards unifying the Welter div. his 1st victim will be whoever has the IBF belt wether it be Cintron or Clottey.
    • After loosing to PBF, Hatton will find that he has no choice but to break his promise and he will fight Witter in 2008 beating him to a pulp and wining the WBC he'll defend it against Torres and then IMO he'll retire in late 2008.
    • Casamayor will continue to shit allover his talent and will waste yet again the better part of 2008 not fighting. It's his own fault HE should at least find stay busy fights hes not even doing that. 'Baby Bull' will defeat 'The Kid' and then move on to fight Katsidis in mid to late 2008 where IMO Katsidis will win a thriller of a fight. Don King will automatically announce a rematch to this 'savage and spectaculous' fight the rematch tho will be held in 'Down Under'
    • Jorge Linares is gonna start taring up some ass in the Feather div. I really don't see anyone there that can cause him major problems. I would say John would be his toughest opponent there.
    • Rafa will win the 3rd match vs. Vasquez which will be held in Los Angeles and your boy CutMeMick will be ringside for this great event. After the 3rd fight I think it will end so dramatically that this will bring on a 4th fight. what's the last rivalry to go to 4 or more fights? Nelson vs. Leija? Anyway at the 4th fight the Rafa win will be more clear and thus end one of the biggest boxing rivalries of all time along side, Chacon vs. Limon, Duran vs. De Jesus, Bowe vs. Holyfield, Ortiz vs. Laguna and many others.
    • Mijares will fight Montiel in 2008 in another classic skills vs. skills fight where both fighters operate like machines and make sooo little mistakes. Something along the lines of Cazares vs. Calderon. I think Mijares soutpaw style will be too much for anyone and Mijares will reign supreme there thru 2008.
    • Ulises Solis will rematch Edgar Sosa. Solis just slightly edged out a win over Sosa in 2003 as he floored Sosa 2 times to put him slightly ahead. Sosa had won soo many clear rounds that even the 2 knockdowns some people think weren't enough to merit him the win. Now that both are Champs in the Light Flyweight div. Sosa the WBC and Solis the IBF. This potential rematch here can take us back to Gonzalez vs. Carbajal days.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    But here goes.

Clueless aren't you mate, watch some Kostya Tszyu fights and you'll realise they'd all be dead meat. Witter and Malignaggi pull away after they throw a shot, thats how Tszyu handled so many technically correct "boxers" with that point scoring style, both pro and amateur. Watch him serve up Vernon Forrest in the am's, he has the perfect style to derail boxers, that is why he was so highly regarded in The Ring and p4p's everywhere for years.

Whitaker never ever ducked Tszyu i don't know where you heard that from but its incorrect.

Mosley was at Welterweight in 2000 and Tszyu wasn't that big of a name only thing he had really done at that point was stop an ancient Chavez so unless Mosley moved down it wouldn't of happened but there were so many bigger names and bigger money to be made that Tszyu wasn't really worth it at that time.

And its basically the same for Oscar he moved up to Welterweight in 1997 and there were so many big fights to be made that moving down to face Tszyu was not worth it.

I certainly don't class that as being ducked.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[list]
    I would also like to add these.
    • David Haye will loose as a Heavyweight, he'll then move down back to Cruiser and win a title there.
    • Giovanni Segura will get a shot at Juan Reveco (WBA Champ) and will win that fight. He'll defend the title twice in 2008.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    But here goes.

Whitaker never ever ducked Tszyu i don't know where you heard that from but its incorrect.

Mosley was at Welterweight in 2000 and Tszyu wasn't that big of a name only thing he had really done at that point was stop an ancient Chavez so unless Mosley moved down it wouldn't of happened but there were so many bigger names and bigger money to be made that Tszyu wasn't really worth it at that time.

And its basically the same for Oscar he moved up to Welterweight in 1997 and there were so many big fights to be made that moving down to face Tszyu was not worth it.

I certainly don't class that as being ducked.
    I don't know about that ICE, Whitaker was near the end when Tszyu was going around, i'm sure there was no talk of them fighting but DLH and Mosley took a detour for sure, Tszyu had been a IBF champion since 1995 at 140lb and everyone knew of him. (Maybe not the fans but fighters and promoters certainly did) Both DLH and Mosley were at lighter weights than Tszyu in 1995 and 1996. DLH was at 140lb
    all through 96' and Mosley was still fighting at Lightweight up until April 1999. I think both of these guys
    thought a fight with Tszyu was far to dangerous a prospect at the time and they were probably right.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a few predictions...
    RJJ shocks everybody by defeating the winner of Calzaghe-Kessler before losing a disputed decision against Jermaine Taylor at 168.
    B-Hop is beaten badly by a fighter no ones expects to beat him as father time finally TKO's the 'Nard.
    A Contender fighter wins a legitimate belt.
    P. Malignaggi unifies the 140lb division, including a victory over Hatton after he is destroyed by PBF, then moves up in weight, setting the stage for a rematch with Cotto.
    PBF fights SSM and is universally derided after his victory for picking yet another easy fight against a shot, over the hill fighter.
    The Saddo world is twice rocked as first it is revealed that VD is infact a middle-aged accountant from upstate NY and then Danny G reveals that he is in fact the real Floyd Mayweather Jr who has just been trying to drum up hype for his fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    Here's a few predictions...
    RJJ shocks everybody by defeating the winner of Calzaghe-Kessler before losing a disputed decision against Jermaine Taylor at 168.
    B-Hop is beaten badly by a fighter no ones expects to beat him as father time finally TKO's the 'Nard.
    A Contender fighter wins a legitimate belt.
    P. Malignaggi unifies the 140lb division, including a victory over Hatton after he is destroyed by PBF, then moves up in weight, setting the stage for a rematch with Cotto.
    PBF fights SSM and is universally derided after his victory for picking yet another easy fight against a shot, over the hill fighter.
    The Saddo world is twice rocked as first it is revealed that VD is infact a middle-aged accountant from upstate NY and then Danny G reveals that he is in fact the real Floyd Mayweather Jr who has just been trying to drum up hype for his fights.
    Saddo's is also rocked by a photo of Cutmemick with no Sunglasses on!!!!

Thread Information