Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone please help me out with Fear?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Someone please help me out with Fear?

nice article

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fear might not be such a bad thing in boxing, one of the greatest technically skilled boxers uses "FEAR AS MOTIVATION" as to not get hit and hit... Oscar de la hoya.. you might wanna try that buddy if you really cant get fear out of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fassel316
    Thanks For The info, idk........its like whenever someone asked me to fight them (i live in ny, so im basically constantly getting asked) my hands freeze up.......... my heart beats 1000times a minute, its a uncomfortable, weak feeling........i just cant move, i get sooo scared, idk what is it.......... i get really really sweaty and scared, like someones about to kill me lol, but FOR A FACT i know i can take thy guy, i have experience ,kids who are 5'1 ask me to fight them, and i just freeze up, and get really scared, i bascially walk away.......i need help(thanks for the info u guys posted)
    Mate i live in australia so i dont know how it is in new york but i have the same trouble as you. My problem is that im the kinda guy who trys to avoid a fight and generally nice to everyone but ppl take advantage of that. I have the same problem, i know i can beat someone but i seem to be too afraid to try and i also dont like hurting ppl so that still doesnt help. The only way i wouldnt be scared is if some guy just came up and threw a punch without the pre fight nonsense.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, that story sounds alot like mine. When I was younger I used to get into alot of fights. I never had fear because none of the fights were planned.(Street fights) They happened so fast that fear didnt kick in ,surviving the fight is what kicked in. I was at the store on day and these two kids were messing with my friend. He was younger they were older and bigger than me i might add. Well i stood up for my friend and beat one of the kids up. The fight was broken up by this biker guy. Well the kid and his friend went walking away. One of them was limping so I know he was hurting. Then he said to meet him at the corner of my street at 8 oclock. So me my brother and about ten of my friends were waiting there for this kid. It was gonna be a fair 1 on 1 fight, they were there in case he broght friends. While I was wanting for this fight I got really scared. I already beat him up and i was still scared to fight him because I was thinking about it. The kid never showed and thats that.

Everyone has fear of a fight. Use it as energy. When you get scared think of it as energy flowing through your body. When the hands start flying that fear turns into surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some fighter interviewed in a magazine said, if you don't experience some fear and anxiety before a fight there is something wrong with you. I went through a period years ago where I had a deathly fear of speaking in public. To make it even worse I got promoted to a job where I had to teach at training seminars. I got through it, but it wasn't easy. My advice, confront your fears. It's like when you get thrown off the horse, first thing you do is get back on. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your problem is not fear, your problem is confidence. GO AND JOIN A BOXING GYM AND FIND OUT HOW MUCH TALENT YOU PROBABLY GOT. YOU TRAIN YOUR MIND AND YOUR BODY WILL FOLLOW!

Thread Information