Michael Watson vs Chris Eubank 1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Worst Robberies In British Boxing

Carl Thompson on the undercard of the Ricky Hatton Carlos Maussa fight. Robbery against a French blown up SM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I gave it to Watson by 1 point, but had Eubank winning 5 of the first 6 - don't see it as a robbery.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Carl Thompson on the undercard of the Ricky Hatton Carlos Maussa fight. Robbery against a French blown up SM.
    I remember that, was more than a bit embarrassed about that one. A true home town shocker of a decision.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always immediately think of Brodie-Jorrin. That was a sickener.

Lots of "robberies" aren't robberies at all.. I reckon that term gets thrown about far too much.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Googoogachoob
    I remember that, was more than a bit embarrassed about that one. A true home town shocker of a decision.
    Remember i was ringside, jus me n my cuz and i was rootin for Thompson, i dont think he justifiably won four rounds, got a unanimous verdict
    Decent card tho that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Googoogachoob
    Remember i was ringside, jus me n my cuz and i was rootin for Thompson, i dont think he justifiably won four rounds, got a unanimous verdict
    Decent card tho that was.
    It was right out of the Gianfranco Rossi school of unusual decisions

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I gave it to Watson by 1 point, but had Eubank winning 5 of the first 6 - don't see it as a robbery.
    Not one single person in UK thought Eubank had won i remember my dad telling me about it Watson easily beat Eubank by atleast 3 rounds he dominated the second half of the fight i think the first 6 rounds were close maybe 3-3 or maybe 4-2 in Eubanks favour then Watson dominated after that if you actually do RBR scoring then its impossible that Eubank could win the fight unless your someone called DD.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasnt in UK but Reid against Ottke, not just a robberie but Reid was not allowed to work by the ref who contsantly got on his case for doing nothing other than outboxing Sven.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Wasnt in UK but Reid against Ottke, not just a robberie but Reid was not allowed to work by the ref who contsantly got on his case for doing nothing other than outboxing Sven.
    Totally agree and what about the knockdown that wern't scored ??

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not one single person in UK thought Eubank had won i remember my dad telling me about it Watson easily beat Eubank by atleast 3 rounds he dominated the second half of the fight i think the first 6 rounds were close maybe 3-3 or maybe 4-2 in Eubanks favour then Watson dominated after that if you actually do RBR scoring then its impossible that Eubank could win the fight unless your someone called DD.
    Watched it about 10 times and had it 114-113 to Watson
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Watched it about 10 times and had it 114-113 to Watson
    I had it wider than that but really and truthfully if you do RBR without biased scoring its actually impossible for Eubank to win Watson was robbed Eubank done next to nothing in later rounds and Watson won them rounds without question the first 6 rounds like i said were close and Eubank was about 2 rounds ahead maybe 3 after 6 rounds but after that Watson totally dominated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank won the first six and the eighth (the fifth, sixth and eighth on scrappy workrate alone), he only didn't win the others because he was missing everything due to being severely weight-drained. Watson did nothing that night! And every single jab Mike threw fell short!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The second fight is a better indication of who the superior fighter was, as both men were in peak shape for that one.

And it was Watson. When Eubank missed a shot, he didn't have the balance to come back with another one. When Watson missed, he had the skill to come back with another shot. That was basically the difference alnight, along with Watson moving faster forwards than Eubank was backwards and punching at close quarters and in the clinches to boot (perfect fight to beat Eubank, not allowing Chris to pinch breaks he needed anywhere).

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nium
    Eubank won the first six and the eighth (the fifth, sixth and eighth on scrappy workrate alone), he only didn't win the others because he was missing everything due to being severely weight-drained. Watson did nothing that night! And every single jab Mike threw fell short!
    No one thought Eubank won that night and like said to you before DD and i'll say it again Eubank did not win first 6 rounds no way and he lost every round after 6th round.

Thread Information