Can I firstly congratulate the mods for a fantastic forum they have, there is real sense of community and never does a question go unanswered. Well done.

Now to my question!

Firstly can I start off by saying i'm fairly insecure, and this has contributed to my problem.

I would like to take up boxing.I'm 18, which I feel is my first problem. Am I too old to start boxing? I'm not looking to become pro or anything like that, I would just like to learn how and to get into shape. But perhaps i'm too old now? Also i'm not overly fit, When I was younger 15/16 I used to walk alot, play alot of football and I was of average fitness, a few years on i'm pretty unfit and i've developed a beer belly. I feel embarassed ab, will I get ridiculled? Will I get laughed at for being the unfit chubby lad who wants to learn how to box? My diet is fantastic brilliant either, it's not remotely balanced and could probably do with a change. I was thinking of perhaps reaching a degree fitness before I approach a gym, if this is maybe the right way to go about it how would anyone suggest getting in shape?

Any sort of advice would be fantastic, thanks alot in advance.