Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pull Up Bar

Do any of you have a pull up bar for your home? I'm in an apartment so I need one that doesn't require screwing in mounting. I've seen some on amazon but i'm not sure which to go with. Anyone have one of these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pull Up Bar

I've had the same problem with not being able to screw a bar to anything so I bought one of those ones that you can do dips on as well. It's a big b@stard of a thing though. You can get HUGE strong arms just doing chins and dips alone though, so if you'll use it a lot, it's a great tool... The one I bought was also heavy as hell.. I mean heavvvvvy. So if you're buying a similar one online, make sure your not getting charged $$$ by the pound because it'll probably end up cheaper picking one up from a local sports store.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm confused,I thought all pull up bars required screwing in,that's why I've yet to purchase one. Can anyone show/tell me of one which doesn't?!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a couple of links.. When you see the pics you'll think "ahh i've seen those things"...

In the off season, they make great clothes hangers

http://www.nextag.com/dip-station/search-html

http://www.nextag.com/dip-pull-up-station/search-html

I think they're more refered to as dip stations in this form.... Also mine was very very heavy and very solid, but it still moves around a bit when i'm doing dips. The pull ups are fine though... But I think a cheap one made with weak metal will move around a lot and feel crap when you've got all your body weight hanging from it. I tried mine out in the store before I bought it to make sure it felt solid.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I decided to try something like this. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutbuster
    I decided to try something like this. I'll let you guys know how it works.
    ]

That would be great bro. Thanks ADAM. How does it stay attached to the wall though?! It looks as if it may fall at any second!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it hooks over your door frame and presses against it. your body weight keeps it there

theres a vid on this site: http://www.powertrainer.co.uk/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for that Adam. Do you have one?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fraid not, I might get one for one I go on holiday etc. as long as you have a sturdy door it should be fine.

I've got a bar my dad made for me, it goes into the wall/floor at the top of the ladder to our loft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My pullup bar came yesterday. I put it together last night but it wasn't working. There were two places where pieces were supposed to lock together and in one of them the locking mechanism doesn't work. I tried to use it anyway but it won't stay in place. Pretty disapointing, especially since I'll probably have to pay another $8-10 for shipping to return it for a new one or a refund. Maybe thats why it was the cheapest model... I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to make it work but I think I'll just have to take a loss on the shipping.

Don't buy this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...021054-9016006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the heads up Gutbuster - I was thinking about getting one of those but I won't now!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My pullup bar came yesterday. I put it together last night but it wasn't working. There were two places where pieces were supposed to lock together and in one of them the locking mechanism doesn't work. I tried to use it anyway but it won't stay in place. Pretty disapointing, especially since I'll probably have to pay another $8-10 for shipping to return it for a new one or a refund. Maybe thats why it was the cheapest model... I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to make it work but I think I'll just have to take a loss on the shipping.

Don't buy this one:
    Is that the same as this one please? http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/Heal...s/Powerbar.htm

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like they took the idea and changed it slightly so they could get away with it.

Was it a manufacturing flaw, or a design one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Don't buy this one:
    Is that the same as this one please? http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/Heal...s/Powerbar.htm
    Thats slightly different from the one I got, but the design is basically the same.

Regarding Adams' question, the unit I got had a manufacturing flaw. Pieces are supposed to lock together but the locking mechanism doesn't pop into place like it should. So I can't really tell if the design works or not becuase it doesn't brace itself properly. There are a number of different brands that make units with this design and some seemed to have good customer reviews and ratings. I went with the cheapest one I could find which is probably why I got a crap unit. So I can't say that none of them work, but you might want to check reviews instead of just going by price.

Thread Information