Cool Clicks

Default Re: MSN virus?

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I'd just reload windows.
    That's a last resort. Have you done this often?>

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I'd just reload windows.
    I'm with you BG . I never trust these computers once they get a virus. just fire storm the harddrive and re load the software. over the years I have spent many a dollar in computers due to lack of computer skills. , I would have a hicup, then i blow a gasket out of frustration grab the computer storm to the garage dragging all its cables and contents, then I slam it to the ground . I once did that at 2:00 in the AM, neibors thought someone was breaking into their house, called the police... I'm glad those demons are behind me !
    LOL,nice story! Do you still reboot? I've never rebooted,is it hassle freE?

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I've tried everything,but NOTHING gets rif od virtuamonde! B******!! I've joined a forum and I'll try what you said Oakley,thanks. Ad Adware does not get rid of it.

nod32 - download the trial, download ad-aware, CCcleaner is good but that doesnt clean out spam or S*** just registreys etc...

once all are done and installed reboot your comp keep tapping f8 go into safe mode and run them all there.
    Wow! What is NOD32? I can locate the file I want to get rid of sometimes but it says it cannnot be moved as it is currently in use by something else. F****** annoying. How would I run them at start up bro? Please help!
    nod32 is prolly one of the best anti-virus you can get, download the trial (sophos is on of the best but can be a bitch to set up)

Yeah, you will get te error msg telling you that you can't access it, that why i said reload your comp in safe mode

(keep tapping F8 while the computers loads up will put you to a blank screen and give you options to load it up) in safe mode you can acess anyhting and delete anything...

Also you can try press ALT +CTRL +DEL (im asuming your using windows XP) click on processes find the application if its running in there, highlight it then click end process, thent ry and delete the file if you know where it is,

Otherwise install the above, run them ALL in safe mode and all should be well...

If not post any application names of what this virus is if you know them here and ill get back to you, gunna crash soon so wont be back online untill around 7-8pm 2morrow so don't hold your breath ona reply soon sorry
    Thanks bro,I'll keep this in mind. I've joined a really cool forum where these really cool tech people are helping. If they can't,I'll come to you bro. Thanks for the offer,it's much appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd just reload windows.

I'd just reload windows.
    I'm with you BG . I never trust these computers once they get a virus. just fire storm the harddrive and re load the software. over the years I have spent many a dollar in computers due to lack of computer skills. , I would have a hicup, then i blow a gasket out of frustration grab the computer storm to the garage dragging all its cables and contents, then I slam it to the ground . I once did that at 2:00 in the AM, neibors thought someone was breaking into their house, called the police... I'm glad those demons are behind me !

I've tried everything,but NOTHING gets rif od virtuamonde! B******!! I've joined a forum and I'll try what you said Oakley,thanks. Ad Adware does not get rid of it.

nod32 - download the trial, download ad-aware, CCcleaner is good but that doesnt clean out spam or S*** just registreys etc...

once all are done and installed reboot your comp keep tapping f8 go into safe mode and run them all there.
    Wow! What is NOD32? I can locate the file I want to get rid of sometimes but it says it cannnot be moved as it is currently in use by something else. F****** annoying. How would I run them at start up bro? Please help!
    nod32 is prolly one of the best anti-virus you can get, download the trial (sophos is on of the best but can be a bitch to set up)

Yeah, you will get te error msg telling you that you can't access it, that why i said reload your comp in safe mode

(keep tapping F8 while the computers loads up will put you to a blank screen and give you options to load it up) in safe mode you can acess anyhting and delete anything...

Also you can try press ALT +CTRL +DEL (im asuming your using windows XP) click on processes find the application if its running in there, highlight it then click end process, thent ry and delete the file if you know where it is,

Otherwise install the above, run them ALL in safe mode and all should be well...

If not post any application names of what this virus is if you know them here and ill get back to you, gunna crash soon so wont be back online untill around 7-8pm 2morrow so don't hold your breath ona reply soon sorry
    Thanks bro,I'll keep this in mind. I've joined a really cool forum where these really cool tech people are helping. If they can't,I'll come to you bro. Thanks for the offer,it's much appreciated.
    have you instaleld nod, or even run AVG in SAFE MODE yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd just reload windows.

yeah looking back on all that gives me a laugh..

reboot? not sure what you mean by that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd just reload windows.

yeah looking back on all that gives me a laugh..

reboot? not sure what you mean by that?
    Sorry,I meant reload Windows?

I'd just reload windows.

I'd just reload windows.

have you instaleld nod, or even run AVG in SAFE MODE yet?
    Yes sir Preme,I did both those things,but I still have the virus. Dude,I even ran 7-9 virus checks each with different virus checkers and still,my PC is slow,I keep getting pop ups,it restarts on it's own and it freezes. I used to use Ebay alot,can these bastards see my details? I'm going to the bank today to check my money,bastards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

reloading windows is simple... you fire storm the hard drive, erase everything.. put the windows disk in the slot, and the computer does the rest.. pretty easy if i can do it !

Thread Information