Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MSN virus?

Anyone have this? My sis,who uses MSN recieved a file which looked like a link to a website. She opened it because she's naive and now,when you open MSN,all hell breaks loose. Even after using ad adware,it's still there! It recieved a TAC rating of 10 from ada Adaware and had like tonnnnnnnes of Malware with it. Anyone else had this or know how I can get rid of it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MSN virus?

If I were you I would just reload Windows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Anyone have this? My sis,who uses MSN recieved a file which looked like a link to a website. She opened it because she's naive and now,when you open MSN,all hell breaks loose. Even after using ad adware,it's still there! It recieved a TAC rating of 10 from ada Adaware and had like tonnnnnnnes of Malware with it. Anyone else had this or know how I can get rid of it?
    What is Malware?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

adaware doesn't get virus. just advertising/spying shite etc.

Download a good free virus checker like AVG and make sure there are no processes starting up with your pc which shouldn't be... do ctrl shift esc and go to processes... painfull part: google the names of the programs you don't know (even the ones you do... some times they'll name them to look regular 'internet.exe' etc) and see what's what.

you can run a program called msconfig to see what;s starting up with windows too.

I know all this crap only too well cos my sister did the same thing...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A guy at work got it and he cannot get rid of the fukker
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the response guys.Much appreciated. I can' believe some sad fucker would do this! My little sister is so upset,if I found the geeky bastard,Id beat the pricks ass! The virus is called virtuemonde and it just mashes up the MSN,hundreds of screens open. I deleted it from 1 place and it appears somewhere else. Not just that but it renames itself Adam,so checking the processes is difficult and time consuming! Th odd thing is,my sis said it was 1 of her friends who sent it but her friend didn't,she had it herself. So the virus appears as if it is from a friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW,how long does AVG take?!?! 27minutes and counting!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The virus appear to be on my PC now!!?!?!?!

I checked the porcesses and the worst things I could find are that there are 5 svchost runnung and 1 thing which just would not show on google,hrdpkytt? Anyone have any info on this please?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the response guys.Much appreciated. I can' believe some sad f***** would do this! My little sister is so upset,if I found the geeky B******,Id beat the pricks a**! The virus is called virtuemonde and it just mashes up the MSN,hundreds of screens open. I deleted it from 1 place and it appears somewhere else. Not just that but it renames itself Adam,so checking the processes is difficult and time consuming! Th odd thing is,my sis said it was 1 of her friends who sent it but her friend didn't,she had it herself. So the virus appears as if it is from a friend.
    you know how msn went all fucked up when you turned it on? that's cos it's now sending the file to all of her/who ever's accounts mates. don't use MSN till u fix it or you'll just spread it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hopefully this may help mate... go to www.download.com and search and download CCleaner ( if nothing comes up search crap cleaner) and also ad - aware Se personal
    hope this helps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nod32 - download the trial, download ad-aware, CCcleaner is good but that doesnt clean out spam or shit just registreys etc...

once all are done and installed reboot your comp keep tapping f8 go into safe mode and run them all there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've tried everything,but NOTHING gets rif od virtuamonde! Bastard!! I've joined a forum and I'll try what you said Oakley,thanks. Ad Adware does not get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    nod32 - download the trial, download ad-aware, CCcleaner is good but that doesnt clean out spam or shit just registreys etc...

once all are done and installed reboot your comp keep tapping f8 go into safe mode and run them all there.
    Wow! What is NOD32? I can locate the file I want to get rid of sometimes but it says it cannnot be moved as it is currently in use by something else. Fucking annoying. How would I run them at start up bro? Please help!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've tried everything,but NOTHING gets rif od virtuamonde! B******!! I've joined a forum and I'll try what you said Oakley,thanks. Ad Adware does not get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    nod32 - download the trial, download ad-aware, CCcleaner is good but that doesnt clean out spam or S*** just registreys etc...

Wow! What is NOD32? I can locate the file I want to get rid of sometimes but it says it cannnot be moved as it is currently in use by something else. F****** annoying. How would I run them at start up bro? Please help!
    nod32 is prolly one of the best anti-virus you can get, download the trial (sophos is on of the best but can be a bitch to set up)

Yeah, you will get te error msg telling you that you can't access it, that why i said reload your comp in safe mode

(keep tapping F8 while the computers loads up will put you to a blank screen and give you options to load it up) in safe mode you can acess anyhting and delete anything...

Also you can try press ALT +CTRL +DEL (im asuming your using windows XP) click on processes find the application if its running in there, highlight it then click end process, thent ry and delete the file if you know where it is,

Otherwise install the above, run them ALL in safe mode and all should be well...

If not post any application names of what this virus is if you know them here and ill get back to you, gunna crash soon so wont be back online untill around 7-8pm 2morrow so don't hold your breath ona reply soon sorry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd just reload windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I'd just reload windows.
    I'm with you BG . I never trust these computers once they get a virus. just fire storm the harddrive and re load the software. over the years I have spent many a dollar in computers due to lack of computer skills. , I would have a hicup, then i blow a gasket out of frustration grab the computer storm to the garage dragging all its cables and contents, then I slam it to the ground . I once did that at 2:00 in the AM, neibors thought someone was breaking into their house, called the police... I'm glad those demons are behind me !

Thread Information