Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Khan vs. Scott Lawton this weekend.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Scott Lawton this weekend.

total toss -fixed fixed fixed!!!!!!!!!!!! kerching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i agree !total toss -fixed fixed fixed!!!!!!!!!!!! kerching

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    You guys are all just haters Amir looked great tonight. He destroyed a respectable British fighter in 4 rounds less than the reigning British champ whom all of you fancy to knock Khan out.

Give the kid some credit, he did exactly what he was supposed to do.
    When did Lawton become respectable?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by comuni-kate

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by comuni-kate
    Somebody ban this clown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thaxton looked awful against Stewart and Khan has got a good chance of beating him.

Khan is supposed to be fighting Earl next-i dont think ppl can complain about this fight!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra
    You guys are all just haters Amir looked great tonight. He destroyed a respectable British fighter in 4 rounds less than the reigning British champ whom all of you fancy to knock Khan out.

I thought he looked good tonight too. Just sick of hearing how amazing this kid is. There's a lot of decent fights for him to be made before he takes over the world
    To be honest the only person who says Amir is amazing is Barry McGuigan and Amir himself

If you come on these boards or any boxing chat sites all you get is Amir hate and that to me is a whole lot more boring.

He got a silver at the Olympics at 17 years old whilst being our sole boxing representative. That's why he's got so much attention. But just because people have high hopes and expectations for him doesn't mean that he deserves to get knocked like he does. In our current climate of East-West hostilities and general mutual mistrust with the Arab world Amir is a fantastic uinfying force and a great role model, not just for kids in general but for British Muslim kids in particular.

I'm a 100% fan of the kid. I know he has flaws and I too can see him getting sparked by a big puncher if they push him too soon. However where I differ from the haters is that I won't be coming on here shouting 'I F****** told you!!!!!!!!' like he was a fake all along and deserved to be exposed.

He's the greatest young talent that us Brits have in boxing, he's also a nice down to earth kid who just tries to give 100% in everything he does.

Sorry but in my humble hobbity opinion anybody who is just waiting for him to fail so they can glory in his exposure as a top class fighter is just a kunt

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he looked good tonight too. Just sick of hearing how amazing this kid is. There's a lot of decent fights for him to be made before he takes over the world
    To be honest the only person who says Amir is amazing is Barry McGuigan and Amir himself

If you come on these boards or any boxing chat sites all you get is Amir hate and that to me is a whole lot more boring.

He got a silver at the Olympics at 17 years old whilst being our sole boxing representative. That's why he's got so much attention. But just because people have high hopes and expectations for him doesn't mean that he deserves to get knocked like he does. In our current climate of East-West hostilities and general mutual mistrust with the Arab world Amir is a fantastic uinfying force and a great role model, not just for kids in general but for British Muslim kids in particular.

I'm a 100% fan of the kid. I know he has flaws and I too can see him getting sparked by a big puncher if they push him too soon. However where I differ from the haters is that I won't be coming on here shouting 'I F****** told you!!!!!!!!' like he was a fake all along and deserved to be exposed.

He's the greatest young talent that us Brits have in boxing, he's also a nice down to earth kid who just tries to give 100% in everything he does.

Sorry but in my humble hobbity opinion anybody who is just waiting for him to fail so they can glory in his exposure as a top class fighter is just a kunt
    bilbo shut up! You of all people is trying to preach? Gimmie a fucking break. You knock fighters as much as anybody here. Now you trying come down on people for doing the same to A Mere Con. Oh the hypocrisy..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

bilbo shut up! You of all people is trying to preach? Gimmie a F****** break. You knock fighters as much as anybody here. Now you trying come down on people for doing the same to A Mere Con. Oh the hypocrisy..
    I'm just getting behind Britain's number 1 talent buddy. I'm happy to ride this train alone if needs be. That way I get a nice roomy carriage all to myself and a nice comfy seat by the window.

And just for the record I ALWAYS credit a fighter with a good win, whether I'm a fan or not. If you want you can send JT Rock to scuttle back and look through all my previous postings and find me a fighter whom I didn't credit on a fine win

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked outstanding tonight. You've still got to worry about his chin though when he eventually gets in the ring with somebody who can punch. He's already struggling to make lightweight so it's going to be even worse for him at heavier weights.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bilbo shut up! You of all people is trying to preach? Gimmie a F****** break. You knock fighters as much as anybody here. Now you trying come down on people for doing the same to A Mere Con. Oh the hypocrisy..
    I'm just getting behind Britain's number 1 talent buddy. I'm happy to ride this train alone if needs be. That way I get a nice roomy carriage all to myself and a nice comfy seat by the window.

And just for the record I ALWAYS credit a fighter with a good win, whether I'm a fan or not. If you want you can send JT Rock to scuttle back and look through all my previous postings and find me a fighter whom I didn't credit on a fine win
    How is Audley Harrison doing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan fought a good fight and made Lawton look worse than he is. Khans hand speed was again very impressive and tactically he boxed smart.
    In the afterfight interview Lawton said that Khan hit harder than he thought and that Khan would beat Jonathan Thaxton.

Nice finish but Khan needs to face someone who has some power as Lawton only had 4 stoppages in 20 wins.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Khan fought a good fight and made Lawton look worse than he is. Khans hand speed was again very impressive and tactically he boxed smart.
    In the afterfight interview Lawton said that Khan hit harder than he thought and that Khan would beat Jonathan Thaxton.

Nice finish but Khan needs to face someone who has some power as Lawton only had 4 stoppages in 20 wins.
    My homie Rob. What's up? How you been? Answer this question for me if you can. When is Con going to step up the competition level? What are they hiding? Besides a weak chin that is.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My homie Rob. What's up? How you been? Answer this question for me if you can. When is Con going to step up the competition level? What are they hiding? Besides a weak chin that is.
    He won the CommonWealth title in his 13th fight, he hasn't even turned 21 years old yet. He's ahead of 99% of all other boxers his age in the professional ranks. It's not like he's Roman Greenberg just having endless pointless fights against journeyman.

If he fights Earl next, whose last fight was for a world title against Michael Katsidis I'd say they are moving him along pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won the CommonWealth title in his 13th fight, he hasn't even turned 21 years old yet. He's ahead of 99% of all other boxers his age in the professional ranks. It's not like he's Roman Greenberg just having endless pointless fights against journeyman.

If he fights Earl next, whose last fight was for a world title against Michael Katsidis I'd say they are moving him along pretty quickly.
    Earl is made for Con. Another weak puncher. Except for that one hook that dropped Katsidis, Earl got his fucking ass kicked bad. I can't see Earl giving Con any trouble. And I see it as a small step up. Very small.

Thread Information