Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Amir Khan vs. Scott Lawton this weekend.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Scott Lawton this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY
    First of all answer me this question, If amir fighting punch bags

What was our British champion (Thaxton) doing fghting Lawton in his last fight?? Amir fought lawton after lawton vs thaxton (and you know the results from that). If Lawton was good enough to fight our prime British champion (and give him a godd fight, 7th round tk0) isnt he good enough to fight a 20yr old kid - seriously you guys make me laugh!!

by the way graham earl is a likely matchup for khan 15 pro fight. i gurantee you after that fight you will come up with some more rubbish like earls washed up etc!!
    Earl is washed up. Watch his fight with Katsidis. Except for that one punch that floored Katsidis, Earl got his a** kicked. And bad. The 4th round was especially brutal for him. I don't see Earl giving Con much of a fight at all.
    Haha. So who would you have him fight, Hatton, Mayweather, Hopkins?!?!. Please remember, 20yr old, 15th pro fight - So can yo honestly say that Earl is not a good next opponent for Amir?

And again i ask you, What was our British champion (Thaxton) doing fghting Lawton in his last fight if he wasnt even good enougt for Khan to be fighting??
    I don't give a F*** about no Thaxton. Thaxton is a bum (who has he ever beat?). There's a reason he has 7 losses. Age and number of fights had ain't got S*** to do with anything. Koki Kameda, David Reid and Fernando Vargas all won titles before there 15th pro fight. Mayweather was only 3 fights away from his championship. When your as hyped as Con was/is, your expected to move at a quicker pace.
    I do like how all our top British fighters have derogatory nickmaes courtesy of VD, Calzcrappy, Fatton, Con

What do you call Junior Witter, Clinton Woods and Gavin Rees? Oh and Frochy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

What was our British champion (Thaxton) doing fghting Lawton in his last fight?? Amir fought lawton after lawton vs thaxton (and you know the results from that). If Lawton was good enough to fight our prime British champion (and give him a godd fight, 7th round tk0) isnt he good enough to fight a 20yr old kid - seriously you guys make me laugh!!

by the way graham earl is a likely matchup for khan 15 pro fight. i gurantee you after that fight you will come up with some more rubbish like earls washed up etc!!
    Earl is washed up. Watch his fight with Katsidis. Except for that one punch that floored Katsidis, Earl got his a** kicked. And bad. The 4th round was especially brutal for him. I don\'t see Earl giving Con much of a fight at all.
    Haha. So who would you have him fight, Hatton, Mayweather, Hopkins?!?!. Please remember, 20yr old, 15th pro fight - So can yo honestly say that Earl is not a good next opponent for Amir?

And again i ask you, What was our British champion (Thaxton) doing fghting Lawton in his last fight if he wasnt even good enougt for Khan to be fighting??
    I don\'t give a F*** about no Thaxton. Thaxton is a bum (who has he ever beat?). There\'s a reason he has 7 losses. Age and number of fights had ain\'t got S*** to do with anything. Koki Kameda, David Reid and Fernando Vargas all won titles before there 15th pro fight. Mayweather was only 3 fights away from his championship. When your as hyped as Con was/is, your expected to move at a quicker pace.
    I do like how all our top British fighters have derogatory nickmaes courtesy of VD, Calzcrappy, Fatton, Con

If I remember correctly, he\'s branded Carl Froch as Carl Fraud.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earl is washed up. Watch his fight with Katsidis. Except for that one punch that floored Katsidis, Earl got his a** kicked. And bad. The 4th round was especially brutal for him. I don't see Earl giving Con much of a fight at all.

I don't give a F*** about no Thaxton. Thaxton is a bum (who has he ever beat?). There's a reason he has 7 losses. Age and number of fights had ain't got S*** to do with anything. Koki Kameda, David Reid and Fernando Vargas all won titles before there 15th pro fight. Mayweather was only 3 fights away from his championship. When your as hyped as Con was/is, your expected to move at a quicker pace.

Rees and Woods are top fighters?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rees and Woods are top fighters?
    Last time I checked Woods whipped your boy Gonzalez' a**.

I'm trying to think of a comeback to make regarding Rees though but I just can't, he's S*** and we know he is

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Quote Originally Posted by petersway
    certain that if he was white he wudnt be getting this much hatred. khan is a great hope for british boxing and a role model for youngsters so stop hating.
    Making 2 accounts ?? well like i said just a minute ago shut it you muppet.

I love these people who bring skin colour into it and make it a racism issue one of my favorite fighters is mexican skin colour is not an issue to me i just don't think Khan is anywhere near as good as the hype and he was knocked down by a feather fisted fighter and has shown major flaws now if you want to act like an idiot and call people racist for thinking Khan won't be world champion and that his last opponent was a joke go ahead but i seriously think your way out of order.
    Are you retarted in some way, if you READ what ive said then we shouldnt have a problem.

Opened 2 accounts? dont make me laugh!! Just because someone agrees with me. lol

OK ill agree with you just for the sake of it, Amir's "got serious flaws" Well if he has why beat him down about it. Weve got a fighter with unbelievable speed and talent but has flaws (which you must agree upon?), shouldnt we be rooting for him to tighten up his defence etc to help improve him as a fighte?r as he is 1 of a limited number of upcoming british boxers!!!

And for your information i never called anybody a racist but said that i can sense a hint of racism in peoples comments.

Are you retarted in some way, if you READ what ive said then we shouldnt have a problem.

Opened 2 accounts? dont make me laugh!! Just because someone agrees with me. lol

Yes opening 2 accounts the other account was created yesterday and you said samething on the other account about race issue you really think im that dumb ?? and even if you aren't your both idiots anyway so i don't really care.
    OK ill agree with you just for the sake of it, Amir's "got serious flaws" Well if he has why beat him down about it. Weve got a fighter with unbelievable speed and talent but has flaws (which you must agree upon?), shouldnt we be rooting for him to tighten up his defence etc to help improve him as a fighte?r as he is 1 of a limited number of upcoming british boxers!!!

And for your information i never called anybody a racist but said that i can sense a hint of racism in peoples comments.

Unbelievable speed ?? and unbelievable talent ?? i don't think so buddy.

You sensed a hint of racism in peoples comments ?? what telling the truth about Khan's flaws ??

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Racism? You can stop that crap right now. Nice your defending Amir but don't bring that S*** please.
    I just dont understand the hate towards Amir and i could be wrong but can only see it being because of his skin color! Why else beat down a upcoming British prospect and cheer for lesser fighters?
    I hate you and thats because your a moron i couldn't care if your brown white black pink blue yellow your a moron plain and simple and the reason i dislike Khan ?? well he goes around saying crap that he could beat Floyd Mayweather over 4 rounds be world champion in his next 5 fights just little stuff like that when he hasn't even beat the best domestic level opponents yet and has been knocked down by feather fisted fighter and has been knocked down twice until he beats some who is even considered goodish he should stop the talking and beating up punchbags and start fighting guys like Graham Earl and John Thaxton.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Oh come off it Lawton was hardly thowing any punches he was just on the defense all the time so yes basically he was moving punchbag.

How the hell do i know what he was doing fighting Lawton ?? all i know is that Lawton can't crack an egg and was basically a moving punchbag vs Khan its about time he did fight Thaxton because Khan has been running his mouth saying he will be world champion in his next 5 fights so isn't it time to fight Thaxton in his next fight ?? and Khan has not even faced someone who is even mediocre puncher he keeps being fed these weak punchers.

I have already said if he beats Earl i will take notice and give him credit so what the hell are you on about ??

ICB Guest

One last thing i got nothing against Khan but some of his comments are irritating like being world champion in his next 5 fights when he has been dropped twice by light punchers and hasn't fought anyone worth noting yet and another comment that was irritating was his comment about Mayweather being able to beat him over 4 rounds was it ?? what a joke.

When he beats someone like Earl or Thaxton then i will start taking notice and give him credit and im sorry MIKAY or whatever your name is but i get really frustrated when people imply that others are racist when no one has made any racist comments and are just pointing out his flaws and being realistic.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it should be earl then thaxton.thaxton too dangerous for next fight.and khan vs earl would be a cracker
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was at the fight. Yes it was disappointing to see Scott get his fight waved off but can we be honest now, Khans' lot didn't think SL was good enough a few fights back the only reason he was there was to keep the Khan gravy train rolling. A learn nothing fight.

& another thing, the fans were segregated at the Arena...with the exception of about 100 asian khan fans all wearing Khans Army tracksuits on who were allowed in the Stoke section....my thoughts were that it was deliberate to wind up the largered stoke fans who were swiftly penned in by coppers.

good atmosphere though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kahn boxed well, Lawton didn't. Impressed at improvement in Kahns guard

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman89
    it should be earl then thaxton.thaxton too dangerous for next fight.and khan vs earl would be a cracker
    I see Con destroying Earl. Earl's a modest to light puncher who pretty much shot. The beating he took in his last fight was pretty brutal. Sure he scored a knock down (credit to him) but all that did was up him up to 3 more rounds of punishment. I don't see Earl as really a big step up for Con.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, you guys are like vultures on here. I dont understand all the hate towards Amir kahn and can i sense a hint of racism in your comments. .

hahahahaha hahahhahahahah im seen as an Amir hater but my kids are mixed race
    it's got nowt to do wit race

but i gotta say i did enjoy the fight sat night
    he looked good to me
    he is going the right way for a new pro fighter if he shuts his mouth

what i dont like about Amir and what is his problem is his hype
    He himself said he'd take Mayweather in 3 rounds then he has his fights selected in a way he's nr 100% guarenteed to win.
    He himself said he would be world champion by the time he is 21,that is in 2 months time

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    I was at the fight. Yes it was disappointing to see Scott get his fight waved off but can we be honest now, Khans' lot didn't think SL was good enough a few fights back the only reason he was there was to keep the Khan gravy train rolling. A learn nothing fight.

& another thing, the fans were segregated at the Arena...with the exception of about 100 asian khan fans all wearing Khans Army tracksuits on who were allowed in the Stoke section....my thoughts were that it was deliberate to wind up the largered stoke fans who were swiftly penned in by coppers.

good atmosphere though
    He looked quite relieved it had been stopped. Considering he was thoroughly outclassed for every second of the fight, can't balme him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did ya see the interview with him after Fenster(lawton)

also he nodded didnt he wen the ref stopped it as if to say yeah ive had enough

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he was well impressed with Khan

Lawton said beforehand he's treating it like his world championship etc..he was obviously just pleased to be in a big fight on ITV
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information