Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CLASH OF THE JOURNEYMEN!!!!!!

This was a rumor a couple weeks back, and now it's been confirmed.

boxingtalk.com

I hear they're calling this one

CLASH OF THE JOURNEYMEN

Golden "Used to be pretty good a few years ago," Johnson VS. Antonio "Never was any good in the first place," Margarito.

I think this is a fight that Margarito might actually win, only because Johnson is so incredibly washed up.

Any thoughts on this epic meeting of a has been (Johnson) vs. a never was gonna be (Margarito)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CLASH OF THE JOURNEYMEN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    This was a rumor a couple weeks back, and now it's been confirmed.

boxingtalk.com

I hear they're calling this one

CLASH OF THE JOURNEYMEN

Golden "Used to be pretty good a few years ago," Johnson VS. Antonio "Never was any good in the first place," Margarito.

I think this is a fight that Margarito might actually win, only because Johnson is so incredibly washed up.

Thought on this epic meeting of a has been (Johnson) vs. a never was gonna be (Margarito)
    LMAO; damn man that's wrong. I think Margarito is going to be a serious problem for everyone in that division. You criticize Margarito for staying busy but somehow it's o.k. for Judah to fight bums while he's staying busy. I won't SC you though cause' you're alright with me; deceived and deranged, but alright just the same
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clash of the Journeyman. That's actually pretty fucking funny. Margarito should win this pretty easily. Johnson's best days (he had some?) are over

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing as Margarito was the longest reigning weltweweight champ until his points loss to Williams I hardly see how he is a 'never going to be'?

If nothing else he KTFO out of highly regarded Kermit Cintron, and beat title contender Joshua Clottey.

I fancy Margarito in this fight. I'd like to see him win and get back in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Clash of the Journeyman. That's actually pretty F****** funny. Margarito should win this pretty easily. Johnson's best days (he had some?) are over
    Lol, " He had some" They should call him "Olden Johnson"
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Seeing as Margarito was the longest reigning weltweweight champ until his points loss to Williams I hardly see how he is a 'never going to be'?

If nothing else he KTFO out of highly regarded Kermit Cintron, and beat title contender Joshua Clottey.

I fancy Margarito in this fight. I'd like to see him win and get back in the mix.

First of all, Margarito never fought a champion to get his precious WBO (which back then was a total garbage belt anyways.... it still kinda is.) "championship," belt.

Second of all, look at his defenses of that "championship." Not exactly a who's who of the welterweight division

And if Cintron is so highly regarded, how come he's still ranked behind Judah, (who hasn't won a meaningful fight in a while......... but will soon be champion again..... wait and see, haters) on the ring welterweight rankings?

Also, don't forget that Clottey was dominating that fight until he broke his hand on Margarito's face. Margarito (Bob Arum) has been avoiding that rematch like the plague. This is the same Joshua Clottey that lost to Carlos Baldomir, who every hater in the world criticized Mayweather for fighting by saying that he was garbage and a nobody....... even though he was linear champion of the welterweight division.

A victory for Margarito means absolutely nothing because I could fight Golden Johnson myself in 2 hours and win by a brutal knockout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whooooooooooooooo bwoy. Gamo gonna be pissed off when he reads this.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup.

If Margarito couldnt beat that uncoordinated bum Williams then he was never going to amount to anything.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Clash of the Journeyman. That's actually pretty F****** funny. Margarito should win this pretty easily. Johnson's best days (he had some?) are over
    Olden Johnson. That's a good one. Cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Olden Johnson. That's a good one. Cc
    Hey thanks..... amazing a Fucking stupid Hatton fan llike me can get a CC from VD What's this world coming to CC back; I want to keep your CC's above the SC's
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all, Margarito never fought a champion to get his precious WBO (which back then was a total garbage belt anyways.... it still kinda is.) "championship," belt.

Second of all, look at his defenses of that "championship." Not exactly a who's who of the welterweight division

And if Cintron is so highly regarded, how come he's still ranked behind Judah, (who hasn't won a meaningful fight in a while......... but will soon be champion again..... wait and see, haters) on the ring welterweight rankings?

Also, don't forget that Clottey was dominating that fight until he broke his hand on Margarito's face. Margarito (Bob Arum) has been avoiding that rematch like the plague.

A victory for Margarito means absolutely nothing because I could fight Golden Johnson myself in 2 hours and win by a brutal knockout.
    Sorry frozen,but that comment past up obnoxious and bloated about an hour ago and is now nearing Insane.Margarito will come back strong and force "rue paul" williams In a rematch for victory........Oh and IMO of course.so clottey broke his hand,so what,Ive seen FIGHTERS pull out victorys with broken collarbones,Brokenjaws,ribs,Both eyes shut..ETC.and that just 1 Gatti fight .Kidding.Clottey is a talent but He Lost, Margarito won Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins

Also, don't forget that Clottey was dominating that fight until he broke his hand on Margarito's face. Margarito (Bob Arum) has been avoiding that rematch like the plague.

Sorry frozen,but that comment past up obnoxious and bloated about an hour ago and is now nearing Insane.Margarito will come back strong and force "rue paul" williams In a rematch for victory........Oh and IMO of course.so clottey broke his hand,so what,Ive seen FIGHTERS pull out victorys with broken collarbones,Brokenjaws,ribs,Both eyes shut..ETC.and that just 1 Gatti fight .Kidding.Clottey is a talent but He Lost, Margarito won Period.
    Rue Paul "Williams", lmmfao. CC for that one. I thought Clottey was putting it down on Tony too until he broke his hand, but like you said, people have won fights on worse than that, and Tony won pure and simple. I'm a huge Margarito fan and look forward to his future, especially a rematch with Mrs. Rue, lol.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former world champion does not equal journeyman.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Former world champion does not equal journeyman.

Go back and read previous discussions in thread before making ignorant responses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins

Clottey is a talent but He Lost, Margarito won Period.

Clottey also lost to Carlos Baldomir, too.

Were you one of the people talking S*** about Mayweather fighting Baldomir when he decided to fight him instead of Margarito for the same amount of money when Baldo was champion and Margarito was an over hyped journeyman?

Thread Information