Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HBO are a disgrace!

I have just watched the Pac: Barrera fight with HBO commentary for the first time and have to say that I am thoroughly disgusted.

Jim Lampley is simply downright rude and condescending. And Ledermans card is absurd.

Lampley is quite possibly the most complete twat on this earth. And Lederman is as bad as his daughter in terms of scoring fights.

I just had to share those thoughts with you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HBO are a disgrace!

I haven't even seen the fight yet, what did Lampley say cause while he's biased as all hell he's always been a big MAB fan.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I haven't even seen the fight yet, what did Lampley say cause while he's biased as all hell he's always been a big MAB fan.

In reply to Manny Steward about some fighters Barrera is managing "Lets hope he manages them to be more exciting than this....Its not pretty". Thats one that sticks in my mind. There were a few barbs along the way.

For gods sake. There have been a million worse fights. It really irritated me when they mentioned that the judges were looking at HBO replays on the big screen too between rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The commentators were definitely biased. That night, to them, Pacquiao could do no wrong.

I personally think the HBO commentary is entertaining. Lampley may not know boxing, but he does say things with enthusiasm and he has this unexplicable charisma. Larry Merchant has been around boxing for over a hundred years (lol) and has been there through everything. His interviews are great (this weekend's questions sucked!). Emmanuel Steward is a bit boring to me, but he doesn't speak so often so it's not that big of a problem.

When it comes to the Lederman scorecard, my score was actually somewhat close. I think Lederman had the fight at 118-109 Pacquiao and I had the fight at 116-111 Pacquiao

BRING BACK FOREMAN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lampley is usually(99%),an MAB nuthugger. This time he called it like he saw it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO's commentary team may not be perfect, but it is by far and away the best.

Look at the competition..................

Showtime, ESPN, Versus, and worst of all.... the FOX sports team.

I can't even begin to imagine what they got over in the UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12
    The commentators were definitely biased. That night, to them, Pacquiao could do no wrong.

I personally think the HBO commentary is entertaining. Lampley may not know boxing, but he does say things with enthusiasm and he has this unexplicable charisma. Larry Merchant has been around boxing for over a hundred years (lol) and has been there through everything. His interviews are great (this weekend's questions sucked!). Emmanuel Steward is a bit boring to me, but he doesn't speak so often so it's not that big of a problem.

When it comes to the Lederman scorecard, my score was actually somewhat close. I think Lederman had the fight at 118-109 Pacquiao and I had the fight at 116-111 Pacquiao

BRING BACK FOREMAN!!!
    Foreman had no idea what he was talking about. Roy Jones Jr. was probably the best guy in terms of knowledge they ever had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Yo British commentators don't know anything about most of the undercard fighters. The guys in the studio came across clueless and the guys commentating for Setanta did not sound as if they had much knowledge. I'm a fan of Mario(the guy from Saved by The Bell) but he can be annoying!

I really like Al Bernstein from Showtime though. Foreman was ok,entertaining but RJJ was the best. He knew alot and whenhe said something,it usually came true(watch Mayorga Tito,EVERYTHING he said happened) Roy was awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Yo British commentators don't know anything about most of the undercard fighters. The guys in the studio came across clueless and the guys commentating for Setanta did not sound as if they had much knowledge. I'm a fan of Mario(the guy from Saved by The Bell) but he can be annoying!

I really like Al Bernstein from Showtime though. Foreman was ok,entertaining but RJJ was the best. He knew alot and whenhe said something,it usually came true(watch Mayorga Tito,EVERYTHING he said happened) Roy was awesome.
    didn't roy once say barrera was on the verge of lossing, that the guy was about topick it up, then a second later barrera goes and knocks him out lol?

I did like roy tho, really rely knew his shit, remeber watched the barrera v morales III ad roy done fucking awsome in it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lampley is usually(99%),an MAB fan. This time he called it like he saw it.
    I think he was somewhat rude.

The only one who I agreed with throughout was Manny Steward. Pac was lacking in this fight. Its just a shame Barrera doesnt quite have it in him to execute these days.

I think Manny Steward was right when he said that the Barrera of a year ago could have taken Pac. Too damn right!!

Still, all done now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of Mario(the guy from Saved by The Bell) but he can be annoying!

A.C. Slater is calling fights??

I heard he went pro as a fighter, but I have no idea how he did.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Lampley was just pissed at the lackluster effort Barrera put out there.
    he did not want to fight that night he wanted to box like the night he fought Naseem.
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of Mario(the guy from Saved by The Bell) but he can be annoying!

A.C. Slater is calling fights??

I heard he went pro as a fighter, but I have no idea how he did.

Oh shit,he was a pro?! Have you checked Boxrec? Yeah,I'm 90% he was commentating. Very enthusiastic,was better than his fellow team members!Still annoying though

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignorance at its best

ESPN is okay. But Phuk me, HBO is terrible!! Who is that twat with the Hulk Hoagn voice? I dunno, their all so egotistical and full of over blown drolling and nit picking. No chemistry at all. It just kills the coverage completely.

I much prefer Drake n Watt of Sky Sports (Even though Watt is always worried about 'a fighter not doing what he is supposed to be doing' or 'not looking as positive' as he'd like )
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Doot
    I think Lampley was just pissed at the lackluster effort Barrera put out there.
    he did not want to fight that night he wanted to box like the night he fought Naseem.
    Yes but did anyone think Barrara would win in a brawl? He had to box to win, he fought his fight, but he didn't do it well enough to win.

I thought the fight was entertaining. It was competetive, but not close. Pac won comfortably but it was interesting and Barrera was respectable as an opponent. He definitely dictated the style of fight.

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Thread Information