Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Daniel Santos fight? Can he be a main man at 154?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone see the Daniel Santos fight? Can he be a main man at 154?

I've read and heard he beat Rivera up pretty badly,cut him,dropped him. Santos is a pretty good fighter,and a HUUUUGE 154 pounder(usually rehydrates to 170 plus). I'd LOVE to see him v Roman Karmazin(the best 154 pounder imo) although I think Santos is now the number 1 contender to fight Joachim Alcine.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone see the Daniel Santos fight? Can he be a main man at 154?

if he had a chin then maybe
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I've read and heard he beat Rivera up pretty badly,cut him,dropped him. Santos is a pretty good fighter,and a HUUUUGE 154 pounder(usually rehydrates to 170 plus). I'd LOVE to see him v Roman Karmazin(the best 154 pounder imo) although I think Santos is now the number 1 contender to fight Joachim Alcine.

Daniel Santos has no chance in hell at being the man at 154. He hasn't even ever beaten anybody worth mentioning

Spinks would expose Santos as the amature that he is.

Karmazin would knock him out.

Forrest would absolutely slaughter Santos

Mayorga would make a fool out of Santos

I could go on forever about Santos and how mediocre he is, but there's no point.

Let him fight and beat a couple decent fighters before we start throwing his name around

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You not been able to find the fight either Gamo? I can't find it anywhere

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I don't think it was televised. I just presumed someone may have recorded it or something? No idea man,but I definitely want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    I think he's slightly chinny but he has a powerful left hand and excellent jab. He's also big and and a southpaw,a dangerous combination for anyone at the weight,which is devoid of any big fighters right now. Remember,there was a time when Santos was pretty highly rated.

I'm pretty sure it was Santos that busted up David Reid(the 1 Tito busted up) in the amatuers,gave him the droopy eye when he sliced it open with his left hand and dropped him.

Forrest would probably beat him,I'd take Santos over Karmazin though. Roman himself admitted in interviews he can't fight southpaws/boxers. An Alcine fight would be boring but I'd take Santos on points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was surprised and perlexed as to why Showtime did not show the Santos-Rivera fight. As for Santos, I think he is underrated and those who have not seen him fight should refrain from criticizing him. First, he fought Margarito very well and that was without even being in great shape. Santos' problem is his lack of motivation, not his level of talent. He has power and good head/leg movement. If he finally takes his career seriously, he should be a force in the 154 pound division. Let's think logically here: who is at 154 pounds that scares the hell out of anyone? The division is wide open and Santos definitely has a chance to have some good fights with anyone in the division.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican
    I was surprised and perlexed as to why Showtime did not show the Santos-Rivera fight. As for Santos, I think he is underrated and those who have not seen him fight should refrain from criticizing him. First, he fought Margarito very well and that was without even being in great shape. Santos' problem is his lack of motivation, not his level of talent. He has power and good head/leg movement. If he finally takes his career seriously, he should be a force in the 154 pound division. Let's think logically here: who is at 154 pounds that scares the hell out of anyone? The division is wide open and Santos definitely has a chance to have some good fights with anyone in the division.
    CC,I agree. I thought Margarito beat him by a round,it was a close in Santos backyard. I think Santos is a decent fighter,and has a chance to make a name for himself. I think his weakness is his lack of motivation and lack of activity. He seems to be back on track now though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it was televised. I just presumed someone may have recorded it or something? No idea man,but I definitely want to see it.

I think he's slightly chinny but he has a powerful left hand and excellent jab. He's also big and and a southpaw,a dangerous combination for anyone at the weight,which is devoid of any big fighters right now. Remember,there was a time when Santos was pretty highly rated.

I'm pretty sure it was Santos that busted up David Reid(the 1 Tito busted up) in the amatuers,gave him the droopy eye when he sliced it open with his left hand and dropped him.

Forrest would probably beat him,I'd take Santos over Karmazin though. Roman himself admitted in interviews he can't fight southpaws/boxers. An Alcine fight would be boring but I'd take Santos on points.
    It's strange though because the McBride Golota fight was televised in Poland and throughout you can clearly hear Bob Sheridon in the background so I'm presuming he covered these fights for MSG?

Can't find the anywhere though. Showtime really piss me off they are always passing up on the opportunity to show good undercard fights.

And I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't show McBride Golota, I mean it's obvious loads of boxing fans are going to want to watch that even if it is a circus show type bout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's strange though because the McBride Golota fight was televised in Poland and throughout you can clearly hear Bob Sheridon in the background so I'm presuming he covered these fights for MSG?

Can't find the anywhere though. Showtime really piss me off they are always passing up on the opportunity to show good undercard fights.

And I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't show McBride Golota, I mean it's obvious loads of boxing fans are going to want to watch that even if it is a circus show type bout.
    I agree man. I've found a link for the Golota fight if you want it? I was dissappointed too,I dont' understand why Showtime would not show the fight either?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree man. I've found a link for the Golota fight if you want it? I was dissappointed too,I dont' understand why Showtime would not show the fight either?
    I've got the Golota fight Polish version, it wasn't a bad fight. Would love to see Santos and Riveria though, maybe something will surface in the next couple days

Never found a decent copy of Torres Holt either, the only copy on the torrent sites was unwatchable, kept missing frames

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Daniel Santos has no chance in hell at being the man at 154. He hasn't even ever beaten anybody worth mentioning
    Dunno if that was a tongu-in-cheek attempt at provoking the Margarito-fan El Gamo, but it does seem a bit unfair at least. Margarito, Rivera, Zuniga, Yori Boy Campas (before ODLH) arent too bad.

Anyway, I am surprised that nobody in this thread has mentioned Dzindiruk. He may not be a superstar, but he is a belt holder at 154, and he does already hold a victory Santos. It was in Germany however, and I havent seen the fight, so I venture to ask if it was a robbery? Or have people just forgotten the fight completely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Semi-related: I've seen the Argentinian Sergio Gabriel Martinez mentioned a few times on these boards, if I remember correctly mostly by you. Also, he somehow made it into the #2 spot at 154 (after PBF no less) at the Saddo Ratings-thing (I remember this, because it kinda stood out as weird/surprinsing).

Anyway, havent seen it on here, but he fought on saturday as well, as he beat someone with the proud record of 3-34-2 in Spain. Completely meaningless fight (except for staying busy), but perhaps worth a mention anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Frozen likes to make fun of Margarito but has Zab's dick so far up his a** it take a year to pull it out i just do not get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Well Frozen likes to make fun of Margarito but has Zab's dick so far up his a** it take a year to pull it out i just do not get it

Class post, bro.

One could only imagine how you carry yourself outside of Saddoboxing.com

What's amazing is that you came on this thread just to run your mouth about me without saying anything about the topic.

Seriously.....

I'm kinda flattered

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok want me to answer the post ok here you go i like Santos and with the right motivation he will be a force i do not doubt it

Thread Information