Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lyle's Everything Halloween Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Our city (the most violent per capita place in Canada) decided to lift an unspoken ban on inter highschool events, and have a Halloween High School dance where all the schools get together, in outfits, possibly concealing weapons, harboring hate and animosity towards each other...and are having it in the worst and shittiest, most violent neighborhood in town.

haaa ha. It's going to be a bloodbath. There are no amount of police to keep it from happening...as it will just spill into the streets and surrounding areas.

And this was done and planned by largely adults and parents, working with a few kids who think they can pull it off. All of us kids are basically going..."WTF...are you nuts?" haha

Can't wait. I'm wearing armour.
    When I was a junior we went on a school sponsored trip to Utah that was basically a school sponsored drug binge. Anyways, there was also two schools from Compton there and they got ugly, spilled over to the outside of the E40 concert and there was fights eevvveeerryyywwhhherrre, everywhere. Those Utah place had no idea what to do with those Compton kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Good thread, Lyle.

I would like to remind everyone that lives in the United States and Canada that The Monster Squad is now on Region 1 DVD. If you loved it yourself or just want your children to see a classic from before their time be sure to pick up a copy.

[youtube=425,350]6voA9C1TKEw[/youtube]
    I saw Monster Squa on DVD just a few months ago. Man, seeing it as an adult is way different than seeing it as a child.

"House of 1000 Corpses" by Rob Zombie is pretty good. I've been wanting the soundtrack to "Candyman" for a while. It's out, I've just managed to not buy it for some reason. There's a Far Side Halloween cartoon they played just once on TV that was fantastic. I'd like to see it again. Movie? "Halloween" of course with a follow-up of the sequel.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great walk down memory lane. I see why they don't play it on TV anymore. Wayyyyy too racy for a cartoon. An alcoholic dog? Eggs in a heavy-petting session?
    Oops

El Kabong Guest

Mel Brooks "High Anxiety" a spoof on all Hitchcock movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enku7uAHJBU

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Mel Brooks "High Anxiety" a spoof on all Hitchcock movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enku7uAHJBU
    Thats funny!!

I own almost every Hitchcock DVD now, and Im quite proud of my collection!! Good satire that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some thing I have been thinking about for a few years is to take a hearse some thing like this one

Paint a graveyard scene at midnight with a full moon, all the tombstones with friends names on them.

White satin on the inside, with a Cherrywood coffin in the back

That has a dummy that sits up with the touch of a button.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best time I ever had on Halloween, was when some friends of mine got married on Halloween, and they did a themed wedding. Everyone had to come dressed as a character from a horror movie, and it had to be a character, you couldn't come dressed as some generic ghoul.

Of course they were Frankenstein, and Bride of Frankenstein. They looked fantastic, they had a professional come and get them all made up.

Even the pastor was dressed up, he was made up to look like Rosey Grier with Ray Millands head attached to him, from The Thing with Two Heads. It was great.

We all had to let the couple know what we were dressing up as in advance, to show that we were doing characters, and because they didn't want duplicates.

I went as Wasp Woman.

Some memorable costumes....

Vincent from Motel Hell - the guy came with a chainsaw and pigs head on. His girlfriend, and another friend came as two of the victims buried in the ground. It would take to long to explain how they did it, but it looked great.

Creature From The Black Lagoon - the guy found a genuine looking costume somewhere.

Pinhead - this guy looked wicked to the core in this getup

3 guys came dressed as Killer Clowns From Outer Space - they looked great

Chucky - This guy had a friend, who is an artist, make the head piece for him, and it looked just like the doll.

I never had so much fun at a wedding!!!!!

I had two other themed weddings that I went to, one a retro 70's theme, and the other was a Hawaiian theme (not thought out well, wearing a bikini top and grass skirt in Cleveland in the dead of winter, not good). Anways, those two themed weddings didn't even come close to as much fun that I had at the Halloween wedding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Halloween is great over here....everyone gets all dressed up and then we go out and get smashed.

Here's two of the best Halloween songs

[youtube=425,350]fdc9dWxYRL0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]nhSc8qVMjKM[/youtube]

BG, I got Monster Squad just because you reminded me of it....what an un-PC movie, it's soooo awesome....kids smoking, drinking, 5 year olds cussing, hahahaha it's really fantastic but my favorite is still TEENWOLF fucking brilliant

We look for any excuse to get smashed, but Halloween is a good one

El Kabong Guest

Bump

I've been on a Halloween themed movie kick recently and I'm stoked about going out and meeting some girls with some lax morals

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, you should check out the "Hellraiser" films. The first ones anyway are some pretty disturbing shit.

Also, I imagine you've already seen it, but "Drag Me to Hell" was a very well done horror film in recent years without much gore.

Currently I'm reading "World War Z" a kick ass Zombie book by Mel Brook's son, Max Brooks.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Lyle, you should check out the "Hellraiser" films. The first ones anyway are some pretty disturbing shit.

Also, I imagine you've already seen it, but "Drag Me to Hell" was a very well done horror film in recent years without much gore.

Currently I'm reading "World War Z" a kick ass Zombie book by Mel Brook's son, Max Brooks.
    I've seen a few of the Hellraiser movies I recognize their place in the horror genre but they just never kept my interest.

I haven't yet seen 'Drag me to Hell' I will check that out on my Netflix.

World War Z is being made into a movie if I'm not mistaken.

I've recently adjusted my Netflix queue for Halloween: The Birds, Haunted Honeymoon, Freaks (classic), The Rite, Exorcist 3, The Thing (original), They Live, and some others.

Now I've just got to restock my bar to prepare for the festivities. I don't know what you foreigners do for Halloween but you're missing out man! Booze, Boobs, and horrible movies could all be yours!

El Kabong Guest

Been on a Halloween movie marathon recently: Haunted Honeymoon (classic), Halloween 3, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, and I just received Bubba Ho-Tep from Netflix, I've got more waiting to be seen: Monster Squad, Teen Wolf, etc. Good times!

Thread Information