Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lyle's Everything Halloween Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Even though I hate the adoption of American rubbish we always (under duress from the Mrs) put something in the window, skeleton etc and sometimes pumpkin lanterns carved with the grandkids, and get a bowl of sweets. I may even put a rubber Fagin nose on.

I'd rather we just celebrated good old wholesome British Bonfire night and burn effigies of humans on overturned cars on council estates.
    It is a bit of fun and any excuse to spend time with your grandchildren the better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Even though I hate the adoption of American rubbish we always (under duress from the Mrs) put something in the window, skeleton etc and sometimes pumpkin lanterns carved with the grandkids, and get a bowl of sweets. I may even put a rubber Fagin nose on.

I'd rather we just celebrated good old wholesome British Bonfire night and burn effigies of humans on overturned cars on council estates.

Of course you hate something from another country another culture...but it's ok, it's America so you're not a bigot or a xenophobe

British Bonfire night? Are you quite sure you voted Remain? Are you quite sure that would be ok with the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Beanz please do not dress up as a Jew. They don't want you. Let it go! šŸ˜ƒ

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Of course you hate something from another country another culture...but it's ok, it's America so you're not a bigot or a xenophobe

British Bonfire night? Are you quite sure you voted Remain? Are you quite sure that would be ok with the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Beanz please do not dress up as a Jew. They don't want you. Let it go! ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½
    Fucking hell it's like pulling teeth. Lighten up Lyle there are four jokes in that one post and you are all

"oh noes he said summat bad aboot Murica"

"Outrage I am outraged"
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Fucking hell it's like pulling teeth. Lighten up Lyle there are four jokes in that one post and you are all

"oh noes he said summat bad aboot Murica"

"Outrage I am outraged"
    No, pulling teeth would be getting you to answer a question.

Yes your jokes were responded to with my poking fun of you this is how banter works Beanz...it's not always serious.

Americans no matter where they're from in the states don't say "aboot" that's Canada "The good colony"

Who is outraged?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well everybody it's that time of year and I want everyone to post their favorite halloween movies, tv shows, and songs.

Michael Jackson - Thriller
    [youtube=425,350]AtyJbIOZjS8[/youtube]

Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash....covered by Bobby Brown and Mike Tyson on the Jimmy Kimmel Show
    [youtube=425,350]9CUhYglZ4PY[/youtube]

Monster Mash has been in a ton of great Halloween things....I remember a Cheers episode that was rather humorous, but enough from me you guys please feel free to reminisce
    Lyle I think Halloween might come a little early this year the way things are going. Last Halloween went totally unmarked by this thread so let's make sure we double down on this one.

now we all know that trick or treating is going to be null and void this year due to coronavirus and social distancing and masks even though when you wear a mask on Halloween it should count for something. But who is going to accept all those candy bars once they come home without having to disinfect each and every baby Ruth or kit kat or Snickers or three musketeers bars?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a meme floating around...for all those who say a mask is terrible and they cannot breath etc. We had it rough back in the day. Try walking around hour upon hour with those old plastic masks . You had the tiny little slit for a mouth and the damn rubber band around your head. After an hour you'd get the 'sweat lips' lol. Shit was a mess..but we endured.

honestly it really sucks this year. Not only no tricker treaters but now no candy hand outs really. Ever try hunting for mini Snickers "virtually"? I don't fecking think so!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    There's a meme floating around...for all those who say a mask is terrible and they cannot breath etc. We had it rough back in the day. Try walking around hour upon hour with those old plastic masks . You had the tiny little slit for a mouth and the damn rubber band around your head. After an hour you'd get the 'sweat lips' lol. Shit was a mess..but we endured.

honestly it really sucks this year. Not only no tricker treaters but now no candy hand outs really. Ever try hunting for mini Snickers "virtually"? I don't fecking think so!
    hey wait a minute, didnt you just crack a tooth on one of them?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well its that time of year again, Halloween around the corner...... Beanz has already tipped us off on his costume, and not sure about any trick or treating this year, as EVERYONE WILL HAVE A MASK.........

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you have to wear a mask under the Halloween mask? Damn, we'll be missing out on Baby Ruths and Reese's Peanutbutter Cups and Mounds bars.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

truth be told, every Halloween I make a nice sweet potato casserole with melted marshmallows on top. Easy and very Autumn-like, gives you that pre-Thanksgiving feel/aroma. Boil 8 big yams, mash them up with cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and a very slight pinch of ginger powder..... spread it out into a glass casserole dish and top lavishly with marshmallows...... bake in oven at 325 degrres F until marshmallows begin to get a nice tinge of golden/beige color. Great for dessert!!!!!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a series out on Netflix ā€œget to the lakeā€ or something. Itā€™s a russian film about a virus overtaking Moscow. Netflix is pretty good coming out with spooky stuff around Halloween. A notice they are coming out with a few pandemic/virus themed thrillers which used to be more fun than they are now. I guess it is good that wuhan doesnā€™t cause people to become cannibals. I really donā€™t have that much ammunition and I donā€™t know how good I can shoot anymore.

Another ironic thing, Iā€™m sure others here have worked in some type of institution where you had to have a ā€œflu menuā€. Just a minimum of two weeks worth of food and drink that must be kept intact Incase a flu/national disaster breaks out. It was the time of year at work last week where we had to go over and restock and reinventory the menu where i work. Not like itā€™s a big job or a big deal but I think of how many times Iā€™ve done that over the years thinking ā€œwhy do we waste our time doing this.ā€ Donā€™t get me wrong I do believe in keeping a stock at home for blizzard/power outage etc and it makes even more sense when you are the provider of food and housing for people but recent events have change my thoughts on that. Not they they even used the flu menu we just have the local market deliver to the place.

Sorry rambled on a bit on that I really just wanted to see if anyone had any good spooky movie on Netflix recommendations. Iā€™ve seen most of the good horror on Netflix but one never knows if they overlooked anything

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The babadook was a really good horror/thriller I thought. It was on netflix, could not be anymore, but if you haven't seen it I'd recommend.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw "Patterns" a Rod Seeking film from 1956. Best film I've ever seen.

Thread Information