0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Road block to JMM v Manny2: $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by keypool

El Gamo, we are going around in circles. This is what you are saying:

1) JMM is the belt-holder. He beat Pac the first time they met (according to you). Manny must fight Marquez to prove he is better.

All your arguments doesn't translate to greater prize purses if you have been reading my responses. Other champions in the other boxing divisions from flyweight to heavyweight can also claim this but they DON'T GET MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR purses. Why is JMM any different?

Manny isn't afraid. His managers are SMART. They know who brings in the MONEY. They know who should get a bigger prize share. JMM is trying to outwit Manny's managers.

Hey keypool. Welcome to the forum. Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Not that Gamo can't talk for himself...but I want to toss this out there...anyone that does'nt feel that JMM does'nt warrant the same amount of money & same amount of respect as Pac does now...well...I'd have to say that you're either a huge Pac fan or you just don't want to keep rank with the division.

Pacquiao is known as the danger man & the star of the division & Marquez is noted as the best boxer & kept secret of the division.

Yes JMM is the belt-holder...repeatedly. He beat Pac the first time according to many. Even Pac later stated that Marquez was his tuffest test to date. IWO, Manny has to fight Marquez & he has to win to prove he is the better of the two without a doubt, but many regard Marquez as the only fighter to layout an actual blueprint to defeating Pac & others say that Morales followed it.

That I don't buy. Morales used force of will to bat Pac...personally...that aint the way to beat Pac 9 out of 10 times, IWHO.

Marquez could win against Pacquiao if he fought smart & he'd have to fight the way that he did in the first match...on the back foot & in survival mode. Fighting as he has of late...to impress the fans...that aint gonna work. Box him & he can win. Trading get's you back on your ass.

Marquez deserves a large multi-million dollar purse now because of what he's done, who he is, who manages him, & what he's capable of. If you don't think that a Marquez fight would draw more ass filled seats than a Diaz fight or Valero...you (NOT JUST YOU) are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not...most Pac fans on here want to see the fight as Marquez fans do.

Manny isn't afraid? Every fighter's afraid...he'd be a fool not to be afraid. Both managers should bring the dollars but if it's champ for champ & name for name...just as many know Marquez for his valiant get up of the mat display against Pac as they do Barrera or Morales. Many feel that Marquez showed better against Barrera than Pac did...I'd be one of them.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't blame JMM for wanting more than Pacman, especially since MAB got the same amount as Pacman in their fight, but JMM need to wake up and smell the coffee beans and realize Pacman is the big draw not him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A point that i would like to make here is that when i was watching the barrera JMM fight I thought that the Jay Nady refereeing debacle saved JMM and also that the scorecards more than flattered JMM. Whereas when Pacman fought Barrera the 2nd time it certainly was not a repeat of the first fight but i thought that Pacman looked better than JMM did against Barrera earlier in the year.
    Anyway to the point, in my eyes JMM still has to prove that he is up there with the likes of Pacman, Barrera and Morales in stature and beat Pacquiao. Therefore I think that he should take the lesser money option and prove that hes got what it takes. If he has and he beats Pacquiao then the big money deals will come.
    Also the fact that he has a belt means nothing to me these days as belts are all just boxing politics bullshit. The only belt that i take any notice of are the Ring belts and they currently have the super feather division vacant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

El Gamo, we are going around in circles. This is what you are saying:

1) JMM is the belt-holder. He beat Pac the first time they met (according to you). Manny must fight Marquez to prove he is better.

All your arguments doesn't translate to greater prize purses if you have been reading my responses. Other champions in the other boxing divisions from flyweight to heavyweight can also claim this but they DON'T GET MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR purses. Why is JMM any different?

Manny isn't afraid. His managers are SMART. They know who brings in the MONEY. They know who should get a bigger prize share. JMM is trying to outwit Manny's managers.

Hey keypool. Welcome to the forum. Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Not that Gamo can't talk for himself...but I want to toss this out there...anyone that does'nt feel that JMM does'nt warrant the same amount of money & same amount of respect as Pac does now...well...I'd have to say that you're either a huge Pac fan or you just don't want to keep rank with the division.

Pacquiao is known as the danger man & the star of the division & Marquez is noted as the best boxer & kept secret of the division.

Yes JMM is the belt-holder...repeatedly. He beat Pac the first time according to many. Even Pac later stated that Marquez was his tuffest test to date. IWO, Manny has to fight Marquez & he has to win to prove he is the better of the two without a doubt, but many regard Marquez as the only fighter to layout an actual blueprint to defeating Pac & others say that Morales followed it.

That I don't buy. Morales used force of will to bat Pac...personally...that aint the way to beat Pac 9 out of 10 times, IWHO.

Marquez could win against Pacquiao if he fought smart & he'd have to fight the way that he did in the first match...on the back foot & in survival mode. Fighting as he has of late...to impress the fans...that aint gonna work. Box him & he can win. Trading get's you back on your a**.

Marquez deserves a large multi-million dollar purse now because of what he's done, who he is, who manages him, & what he's capable of. If you don't think that a Marquez fight would draw more a** filled seats than a Diaz fight or Valero...you (NOT JUST YOU) are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not...most Pac fans on here want to see the fight as Marquez fans do.

Manny isn't afraid? Every fighter's afraid...he'd be a fool not to be afraid. Both managers should bring the dollars but if it's champ for champ & name for name...just as many know Marquez for his valiant get up of the mat display against Pac as they do Barrera or Morales. Many feel that Marquez showed better against Barrera than Pac did...I'd be one of them.
    Hi Wacko! Thanks for the welcome! Can you show me how to give a cool click? I went to the HELP menu and it isn't explained there.

Anyway, I agree with many in your post regarding JMM being a tough hombre. But "what he has done, who he is, who manages him, and what he's capable of" isn't the basis for $$$ in the real world. You may agree or disagree, but that is how it is. It is about who is the bigger draw.

For example, when JMM fought MAB, fight purse for each fighter was around the vicinity of $1 Million. And that was a TITLE FIGHT!!!

When Pac fought MAB in a NON-TITLE FIGHT, PAC and MAB's purse was at least $2 Million. Some reports have it that Pac received as much as $6M including PPVs.

So what does this prove? It proves that Pac is a bigger draw than JMM since the promoters were willing to give him more money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need to get 100 posts first then u can dish out the Cool clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you don't think that a Marquez fight would draw more a** filled seats than a Diaz fight or Valero...you (NOT JUST YOU) are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not...most Pac fans on here want to see the fight as Marquez fans do.

Thanks for the clarification hitman.

Anyway, regarding wacko's point above:

Granted it was true, then that is why JMM will get a bigger purse than his previous fight with MAB. Maybe he will get $1.5 M this time instead of only $1M. But no way it should be equal to Pac.

It is the LAW OF ECONOMICS 101 -- SUPPLY AND DEMAND. More demand = higher price. Pac is the more in-demand fighter. I just don't understand why people think that this law should apply to all other boxers EXCEPT when it comes to Pacman.

I just don't like the idea of people taking advantage of Pac. We all know about the vultures that hang around Pac's entourage that milk him of his money. And now we have a fighter who wants to get money he doesn't deserve (again, based on economics).

All that Pac has to do is stick to his guns, and whatever people say, the fight will push through. Frankly, because JMM couldn't afford NOT to take the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not about who holds the belt,its about who draws the crowd....this is a no brainer..jmm,as good as he is..doesnt draw the crowd.(Crowd=money )$$$$$...Barrera may not be as good as marquez when he fought manny,but he has the name..the impact to draw the crowd ( $$$ ).Therefore,its not about jmm deserving more because he performed better than pac when he beat barrera...its all about who can make the most money...and at this stage.. the pacman sits on that golden throne.I hope nacho doesnt make the same mistake again..otherwise,it will be a chrisjohn gift for jmm again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you don't think that a Marquez fight would draw more a** filled seats than a Diaz fight or Valero...you (NOT JUST YOU) are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not...most Pac fans on here want to see the fight as Marquez fans do.

Granted it was true, then that is why JMM will get a bigger purse than his previous fight with MAB. Maybe he will get $1.5 M this time instead of only $1M. But no way it should be equal to Pac.

It is the LAW OF ECONOMICS 101 -- SUPPLY AND DEMAND. More demand = higher price. Pac is the more in-demand fighter. I just don't understand why people think that this law should apply to all other boxers EXCEPT when it comes to Pacman.

I just don't like the idea of people taking advantage of Pac. We all know about the vultures that hang around Pac's entourage that milk him of his money. And now we have a fighter who wants to get money he doesn't deserve (again, based on economics).

All that Pac has to do is stick to his guns, and whatever people say, the fight will push through. Frankly, because JMM couldn't afford NOT to take the fight.

Keypoll you think with your head. I like that. I lack that capacity most of the time

The more you prove the situation to be right, the more worng it seems

Anyway, CC to you and Wacko for making excellent points. Wacko lets just hope Marquez gets his dues eh?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

Keypoll you think with your head. I like that. I lack that capacity most of the time

Anyway, CC to you and Wacko for making excellent points. Wacko lets just hope Marquez gets his dues eh?
    back JB.

The thing is...Marquez should get his dues now...especially after beating Barrera last & if he breezes through his next challenge the fans & boxing public should be clammoring & clappin' "like titties in the wind" for Pac Marquez II.

Yes Pac is the bigger draw...but it takes two here in the U.S. to make a big fight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

back JB.

The thing is...Marquez should get his dues now...especially after beating Barrera last & if he breezes through his next challenge the fans & boxing public should be clammoring & clappin' "like titties in the wind" for Pac Marquez II.

Yes Pac is the bigger draw...but it takes two here in the U.S. to make a big fight.

Yes, it will surely be a big fight! That is why JMM will get more than the $1M that he got in his title fight against Barrera. But still, he should not get equal to Pac's purse.

If the purse turns out to be equal, then the first order of business is to FIRE Pac's manager for stupidly undervaluing his fighter's true economic worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

Thanks for the compliment Jim.

Don't worry, if JMM beats Pac in their second fight, JMM will most definitely get his dues and much bigger moolah in Pac-JMM 3 (if there is one).

Either way, JMM still earns more money in 1 fight than what most average joes would earn in a lifetime! So, no need to feel bad for JMM if he gets a lesser prize purse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's too bad you don't get payed in boxing based on how good you are or how much you deserve it.If the world was fair, Marquez would command equal or more than Barerra, but JMM, champ or not, deserving or not, doesn't draw like a Barrera or a Morales. Pacman does. It is what it is. At the same time, JMM is the biggest fight that Pacman can make. He'll make more money giving JMM 40% than he will if he fights Diaz give him 25%.

I have no problem with Pac getting more than a 50% split, because he's the MUCH bigger draw, but he better be willing to give at least 40 or 45. If Manny offers 40%, JMM better should take it, and take it with a smile, cuz that will set him up well win or lose, and if he wins, he's in the drivers seat for his next fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some more news:

I just found out that the upcoming Marquez-Juarez bout will no longer be televised by HBO Pay-Per-view. It will be broadcast instead by Showtime. Could it be because JMM could not bring in the $$$ because he is a poor crowd drawer? I wonder how much his purse will be during the Marquez-Juarez title fight.

From Pacquiao's confidant, Wakee Salud in a recent news article today:

“Pacquiao will get more facing Diaz than facing either Marquez or Valero. A promotion between Golden Boy and Top Rank leaves less for Manny,” said Salud, one of Pacquiao’s closest business associates.

“First, Marquez is asking too much to defend his title against Pacquiao who is the main draw. Very big. So, Manny will certainly get more against Diaz. Kaya niya solohin lahat,” added Salud.

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sp...id=20071014146

JMM better settle for a low fight purse if he wants to fight Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

case in point. in the recent morales-diaz fight, erik got more than a million dollars while champion david received around $350K.

granting that marquez hurdles juarez, the pac-jmm rematch would all depend on jmm for it to happen. he made the mistake of turning it down the first time, will he be making the same mistake again?

Thread Information