Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Manny Pacquiao.................. Run Like The Wind!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao.................. Run Like The Wind!!!

I guess he's talking about moving up to lightweight to fight David Diaz (the weakest Diaz)

I also read that he said the only fighter in his weight class worth fighting is Edwin Valero. Did Pac forget about Juan Manuel Marquez??

I know I didn't (neither has anybody else, Manny )

Not to take anything away from Valero, I'm a little partial towards him myself.... but only as a highly touted PROSPECT.

If Pac (or Bob Arum) feels that a fight with JMM is too dangerous (it is for Pacquiao and he knows it) then there are other fights to be made.

Guzman, perhaps??

Guzman would make Pac look very bad, imo. He's too big and too skilled for Pacquiao's style to be effective.

Who knows what's next for Pac?

At least, if none of these fights come together, he could always rematch Barrera or Morales again.

Oh, and if Danny G happens to read this thread, could you make it so that whenever this thread opens it plays the song "Run Like the Wind," so people can have some appropriate music to enjoy while they read?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao.................. Run Like The Wind!!!

ahahahahhahahaha LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pac running? are you serious?? ahaaahahahahahahah, pac is made all jmm has to do is settle. pac isn't the one trying to call shots. he never said he wouldn't fight jmm, all jmm has to do is settle and the fight will be on. how is pac running then huh?

Look at that boxer below your post thats a fighter that runs, not just in the ring but runs his mouth outside of it too. you got it twisted, pnoys don't run but they do run mofo over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain

pac running? are you serious?? ahaaahahahahahahah, pac is made all jmm has to do is settle. pac isn't the one trying to call shots. he never said he wouldn't fight jmm, all jmm has to do is settle and the fight will be on. how is pac running then huh?

Look at that boxer below your post thats a fighter that runs, not just in the ring but runs his mouth outside of it too. you got it twisted, pnoys don't run but they do run mofo over.

If he jumps up to lightweight without at least making a reasonable offer to fight JMM, he's running.

No sugar coating it, Julius. R-U-N-N-I-N-G

And for the record.....

A fighter that hits his opponent at will hitting while not getting hit back = defensive wizard boxer.

It's a science

Perhaps, after you've watched boxing for at least a couple of years you might be mature enough tol appreciate skill and technique.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally don't really care if he dodges Marquez or not. I just want to see Pacquaio in some good tear ups and guys like Valero and David Diaz are sure to bring that.

Marquez is a high risk fight that could derail Pacquiao's career, at least force to him to reasses where his focus now lies if he loses.

Plus if Pac moved up, along with Guzman it would leave the 130 lbs division a bit empty. Rather than people portraying Pacquiao as running if he makes a succesful debut with a win and a world title against David Diaz I reckon the attention would very quickly shift to the lightweight division and Marquez may find himself out in the cold, similar to Hatton in the 140 lb division when Floyd and Cotto both moved up.

Marquez isn't a big PPV draw in his own right whilst Pacquiao is huge. He moves up and HBO follow him to 135.

Marquez would then need to decide if he stays at 130 in relative obscurity or moves up to face the 'big boys' at 135.

Moving up could be a smart move for Manny

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain

If he jumps up to lightweight without at least making a reasonable offer to fight JMM, he's running.

No sugar coating it, Julius. R-U-N-N-I-N-G

And for the record.....

A fighter that hits his opponent at will hitting while not getting hit back = defensive wizard boxer.

It's a science

Perhaps, after you've watched boxing for at least a couple of years you might be mature enough tol appreciate skill and technique.

his runningn cause you feel like jmm isn't getting a reasonable offer? well didn't jmm take chris john on for like $30k after being offered millions of dollars to rematch pac after thier first fight and now jmm thinks his bigger then ever he should get more then ever?

Like I said before its not so much pacs fault why this fight isn't being made, it is jmms fault as well because he feels like he deserve a lot more just cause his champ and beat mabman. but didn't pac just beat mab in a wider u.d then jmm's close decision on mab? how does that even make jmm champ of the division? he just has the title yea but pac beats everyone a lot more conclusive.

don't get it twisted jmm is wanting more money pac isn't avoiding him, the bosses just don't agree with what jmm wants. pac isn't running his waiting, but since moving up is in his mind forget jmm if he keeps acting like he should call the shots.

floyd no doubt is defenisvely good, but he ain't all that. he wins fight to avoid a fight go figure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow, pac running to a heavier division where there are bigger guys who packs more wallop.

marquez? the one who was offered $750,000 for the rematch and accepted $30,000 instead to fight in indonesia? everybody agreed it was the wrong decision. let's see if he makes the same mistake again for his chance at a pac rematch but this time for bigger amount. will he turn down a multi-million dollar fight for pride or is he also afraid it might be his last fight before pac ruins him?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser
    wow, pac running to a heavier division where there are bigger guys who packs more wallop.

marquez? the one who was offered $750,000 for the rematch and accepted $30,000 instead to fight in indonesia? everybody agreed it was the wrong decision. let's see if he makes the same mistake again for his chance at a pac rematch but this time for bigger amount. will he turn down a multi-million dollar fight for pride or is he also afraid it might be his last fight before pac ruins him?
    if anyone is scared its jmm, pac is bigger and better then before, he just beat mabman in his own prefered battle and who would of knew pac would still beat mab if only mab could keep a technical pace and not only that pac defeated mab in a more conclusive decision then jmm did? I'm a fan of jmm too but ain't no way pac would run away from him, if anyone is hesitant for a fight its jmm, his a lot more likely to lose then pac is. He is prolly trying to secure a big check before pac finishes him this time around but we can't blame him for wanting more he did go through hell just to survive the first fight. I can't see jmm having any better future after a pac rematch, so its prolly why jmm wants the biggest purse he has ever gotten.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac's not ruining JMM, no way. If the rematch was to happen I'm sure jmm would revert to his counter punching again and not try and be the come forward action fighter he's been lately, because if not for the first round it would have worked last time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not go as far to sat Pacquiao is Running from Marquez but he is in no rush to step in with him....Pacquiao knows he was given a gift last time out and his first round barrage with the 3 knockdowns was his one and only hurahh so to speak against him....

Problem with Pac is when you get a guy like Marquez who can counter every move you make and actually use your own style to his favor..there is not much you can do.....

In all truth it is not a loss to Marquez that would damage his career it is looking bad against him that would do the damage and take away some of his credibility in the second and third Morales win 2nd Barrera wins....

When all is said and done it is those fights along with putting Marquez on the deck that has made him the sensation he is....A one sided affair would end Pac Man fever as quick as the end of the 80's did
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I would not go as far to sat Pacquiao is Running from Marquez but he is in no rush to step in with him....Pacquiao knows he was given a gift last time out and his first round barrage with the 3 knockdowns was his one and only hurahh so to speak against him....

Problem with Pac is when you get a guy like Marquez who can counter every move you make and actually use your own style to his favor..there is not much you can do.....

In all truth it is not a loss to Marquez that would damage his career it is looking bad against him that would do the damage and take away some of his credibility in the second and third Morales win 2nd Barrera wins....

When all is said and done it is those fights along with putting Marquez on the deck that has made him the sensation he is....A one sided affair would end Pac Man fever as quick as the end of the 80's did
    that is true, but then jmm is not so confident of accomplishing that himself. if he really has the blueprint to pac down pat then he would have taken the rematch the first time around it was negotiated. then he would be the one where pacquiao is now instead of him negotiating for at least parity on the rematch. on the other hand, it can also be said that that a beating from pac this time can also end jmm's career giving credence to pac's excuses of a swollen left hand and badly blistered foot affecting his performance in the first fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacc has made his name beating greats and beating em bad, Thats pac

If pac goes and fights diaz i will be V disapointed,

A totally faded erik beat diaz and was robbed and we all saw pac do erik in three, pac needs to forget david diaz and go for juan aftetr he further unifies..

Then again, pac could be one of the greatest super featherweights to never win a title at the weight so seeing as the titles are nothing for him casamayor is the fight he should take in my eyes.. then the real fans know where he stands still, he fights for legacy rather then title
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

that is true, but then jmm is not so confident of accomplishing that himself. if he really has the blueprint to pac down pat then he would have taken the rematch the first time around it was negotiated. then he would be the one where pacquiao is now instead of him negotiating for at least parity on the rematch. on the other hand, it can also be said that that a beating from pac this time can also end jmm's career giving credence to pac's excuses of a swollen left hand and badly blistered foot affecting his performance in the first fight.

You are absolutely right it can go both ways....If the fight happens to me it matters none who wins...I just want to see it...If anything like the first we are in for a war....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3059399

valero interview saying he wants to fight pac
    valero also saying he gonna be a lightweight next year

Thread Information