Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    To be honest I can't remember Lewis saying that the fight shouldn't have been stopped but if he did that must be a first from him.

I hate Lennox Lewis as a commentator because he's just S***.

I can't recall a fight where a figher has been knocked down and Lewis hasn't jumped up all excitedly and said 'Oh IT'S OVER!!!', or 'HE'S NOT GOING TO GET UP!'

I think because he had a glass chin he cannot conceive of another fighter recovering from a shot.

My favourite was a recent fight I can't remember which when some fighter got knocked down and Lewis is all like 'OH IT'S OVER! and Lampley asks the question will he get up, Lewis shouts 'NO!' and Larry Merchant in a bored voice of mild irritation says' He'll get up'.

Sure enough he did
    When Taylor dropped Pavlik in round 2 Lewis said "Oh that's it! That is it!" & then as soon as Pavlik got up he was back pedalling & saying he couldn't believe that Pavlik was going to survive the round. Started giving him props for having a hellacious chin.
    Exactly and he does it EVERY time someone gets knocked down or even takes a big shot. It does my nut in with him always proclaiming' THERE'S NO WAY HE CAN GET UP!' every time. Go back and watch the fights with him commentating, every single fucking time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

To be honest I can't remember Lewis saying that the fight shouldn't have been stopped but if he did that must be a first from him.

I can't recall a fight where a figher has been knocked down and Lewis hasn't jumped up all excitedly and said 'Oh IT'S OVER!!!', or 'HE'S NOT GOING TO GET UP!'

I think because he had a glass chin he cannot conceive of another fighter recovering from a shot.

My favourite was a recent fight I can't remember which when some fighter got knocked down and Lewis is all like 'OH IT'S OVER! and Lampley asks the question will he get up, Lewis shouts 'NO!' and Larry Merchant in a bored voice of mild irritation says' He'll get up'.

Sure enough he did
    When Taylor dropped Pavlik in round 2 Lewis said "Oh that's it! That is it!" & then as soon as Pavlik got up he was back pedalling & saying he couldn't believe that Pavlik was going to survive the round. Started giving him props for having a hellacious chin.
    Exactly and he does it EVERY time someone gets knocked down or even takes a big shot. It does my nut in with him always proclaiming' THERE'S NO WAY HE CAN GET UP!' every time. Go back and watch the fights with him commentating, every single F****** time.
    You know...I had never really noticed it until that match. I like Lewis but he does get a bit...silly.

Everyone hates Merchant & Kellerman...& in the end...those are my two favorites. I'll hate the day when Merchant is gone for good. Know matter how much you hate Merchant...he does indeed bring a spark to the fights that no other channels do...that & he's the most knowledgeable, IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure enough he did
    Exactly and he does it EVERY time someone gets knocked down or even takes a big shot. It does my nut in with him always proclaiming' THERE'S NO WAY HE CAN GET UP!' every time. Go back and watch the fights with him commentating, every single F****** time.
    You know...I had never really noticed it until that match. I like Lewis but he does get a bit...silly.

Everyone hates Merchant & Kellerman...& in the end...those are my two favorites. I'll hate the day when Merchant is gone for good. Know matter how much you hate Merchant...he does indeed bring a spark to the fights that no other channels do...that & he's the most knowledgeable, IWO.
    Merchant is my favouruite as he's unflappable. He's not prone to the exciteble outbursts of hysteria that Lampley, Kellerman and Lewis etc usually suffer.

Those three always make everything so dramatic and Merchant who usually sounds bored and irritated with his collegues brings them back to earth with a dry comment.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I know that it’s old news…but I’m back to watching Pavlik vs. Taylor again.

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

What kills me is the commentating…again.

First & foremost…Merchant was the only one that was really being legit during the entire bout.

Lampley was basically cheerleading for Taylor. Lewis was all up on him…I suppose due to the fact that Manny was in Taylor’s corner. He kept flip flopping back & forth…what choice did he have.

What killed me was the ending…the fact that Lewis said Smoger was on top of Taylor preventing him from getting up wasn’t that disturbing for me…what killed me was when he said “I don‘t know where that shot came from…”.

THAT SHOT?!?!?! What the hell was Lennox talking about?!?!?!

The end of the fight went something like this: Body shot by Pavlik & then the jab starts working! Taylor backs up, Pavlik jabs, right hand, jab, Taylor jabs, right hand wobbles Taylor’s face almost comes off, tries to retaliate & then eats a left hand, right hand, upper, left hand, upper, & then a couple of double lefts, a right, another upper, & Taylor is already out & sliding down as Pavlik throws a left hook & backs out pretty much unconscious.

Taylor was totally gone…blasted out.

Lewis began questioning that until the replay & then it was obvious that Smoger was on point.

I still just can’t get over it…personally I think that this is the upset of the year to date & also the knockout of the year.
    I swear some people are so F****** sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don't give a F*** about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying "Did you hear Merchant say this" "O My god Lampley was so bias". Or "Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him". What I say is, so F****** what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It's that F****** simple.
    Talk about sensitive...loosen up your pannies little girl...everybody remembers you picked Taylor. You rarely pay attention to the commentarty? Oh please...when it suits you to piss & moan...we all have to hear it...I think you can deal with this discussion.
    I don't pay attention to the commentary. Which is why I never complain about it. It's nit-picking. Looking for something to complain about. Something little old ladies do. Which I guess doesn't surprise me that your doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally like Lennox. He may be silly sometimes but at least he's a fighter commentating on fights. Whether Merchant knows boxing or not, I only listen to him because I'm not muting the t.v., and I like to see what his next brain fart will produce.At least that fathead Dan Rafael isn't a ringside commentator; what a bumblehead he is.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure enough he did

I live in the UK so I dont get to hear the HBO broadcast until I buy them on DVD so I havent heard the latest ones yet, but Larry Merchant is my favorite commentator of all time and his post fight interviews are always memorable. As for Lennox, he doesnt belong on HBO I think they should get big George back. I didn't always agree with what he was saying but he knew what he was talking about and always spoke his mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

First & foremost…Merchant was the only one that was really being legit during the entire bout.

Lampley was basically cheerleading for Taylor. Lewis was all up on him…I suppose due to the fact that Manny was in Taylor’s corner. He kept flip flopping back & forth…what choice did he have.

What killed me was the ending…the fact that Lewis said Smoger was on top of Taylor preventing him from getting up wasn’t that disturbing for me…what killed me was when he said “I don‘t know where that shot came from…”.

The end of the fight went something like this: Body shot by Pavlik & then the jab starts working! Taylor backs up, Pavlik jabs, right hand, jab, Taylor jabs, right hand wobbles Taylor’s face almost comes off, tries to retaliate & then eats a left hand, right hand, upper, left hand, upper, & then a couple of double lefts, a right, another upper, & Taylor is already out & sliding down as Pavlik throws a left hook & backs out pretty much unconscious.

Lewis began questioning that until the replay & then it was obvious that Smoger was on point.

I still just can’t get over it…personally I think that this is the upset of the year to date & also the knockout of the year.
    I swear some people are so F****** sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don't give a F*** about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying "Did you hear Merchant say this" "O My god Lampley was so bias". Or "Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him". What I say is, so F****** what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It's that F****** simple.
    Talk about sensitive...loosen up your pannies little girl...everybody remembers you picked Taylor. You rarely pay attention to the commentarty? Oh please...when it suits you to piss & moan...we all have to hear it...I think you can deal with this discussion.
    I don't pay attention to the commentary. Which is why I never complain about it. It's nit-picking. Looking for something to complain about. Something little old ladies do. Which I guess doesn't surprise me that your doing it.
    Listen Violent Denise...you don't need to get your point across by coming on to the thread & calling names.

You keep that shit up & I'll start deleting your posts.

No one wants to listen to you bitch...& for someone calling someone else a woman...you seem to need a bit of cotton on a string.

If you can't play nice...don't play at all, it's unnecessary.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

Listen Violent Denise...you don't need to get your point across by coming on to the thread & calling names.

You keep that shit up & I'll start deleting your posts.

No one wants to listen to you bitch...& for someone calling someone else a woman...you seem to need a bit of cotton on a string.

Fine I'll stay off your thread. It's obvious your intoxicated again. The alcohol has made you sensitive. Late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotton on a string!!!!! LMMFAO. That's wrong Wacky Man
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

You keep that S*** up & I'll start deleting your posts.

Fine I'll stay off your thread. It's obvious your intoxicated again. The alcohol has made you sensitive. Late.
    Sober as can be...it's just a bit unnecessary to start ripping someone with name calling as you so often do trying to get your point across.

Tootle-loo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure enough he did
    Yep. Did the same thing with the first droppage of three for Miranda during the Pavlik fight.

He just get's a bit overly excited.

Bwoy Merchant got pissed the fwock off when Smoger let Miranda's corner wash off the mouth piece...I'll bet he spilt his scotch during that call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    I personally like Lennox. He may be silly sometimes but at least he's a fighter commentating on fights. Whether Merchant knows boxing or not, I only listen to him because I'm not muting the t.v., and I like to see what his next brain fart will produce.At least that fathead Dan Rafael isn't a ringside commentator; what a bumblehead he is.
    You know...as good of a writer as Rafael is...you'd think that he'd be able to put his shit together as a commentator...but I guess it's a lot tuffer than it looks.

I'd imagine I'd be doing a hell of a lot of screaming & drink spilling. Heh heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Cotton on a string!!!!! LMMFAO. That's wrong Wacky Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did\\\'nt the first time

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

I swear some people are so F****** sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don\\\'t give a F*** about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying \\\"Did you hear Merchant say this\\\" \\\"O My god Lampley was so bias\\\". Or \\\"Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him\\\". What I say is, so F****** what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It\\\'s that F****** simple.
    I don\\\'t pay attention to the commentary. Which is why I never complain about it. It\\\'s nit-picking. Looking for something to complain about. Something little old ladies do. Which I guess doesn\\\'t surprise me that your doing it.
    Listen Violent Denise...you don\\\'t need to get your point across by coming on to the thread & calling names.

You keep that S*** up & I\\\'ll start deleting your posts.

If you can\\\'t play nice...don\\\'t play at all, it\\\'s unnecessary.

Fine I\\\'ll stay off your thread. It\\\'s obvious your intoxicated again. The alcohol has made you sensitive. Late.
    Sober as can be...it\\\'s just a bit unnecessary to start ripping someone with name calling as you so often do trying to get your point across.

Tootle-loo.
    Seems a little hypocritical, since it looks like you called him a little girl first. Is it cuz your a mod and he\\\'s not? Just curious. that\\\'s all
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did\\\'nt the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

I swear some people are so F****** sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don\\\'t give a F*** about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying \\\"Did you hear Merchant say this\\\" \\\"O My god Lampley was so bias\\\". Or \\\"Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him\\\". What I say is, so F****** what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It\\\'s that F****** simple.
    I don\\\'t pay attention to the commentary. Which is why I never complain about it. It\\\'s nit-picking. Looking for something to complain about. Something little old ladies do. Which I guess doesn\\\'t surprise me that your doing it.
    Listen Violent Denise...you don\\\'t need to get your point across by coming on to the thread & calling names.

You keep that S*** up & I\\\'ll start deleting your posts.

If you can\\\'t play nice...don\\\'t play at all, it\\\'s unnecessary.

Fine I\\\'ll stay off your thread. It\\\'s obvious your intoxicated again. The alcohol has made you sensitive. Late.
    Sober as can be...it\\\'s just a bit unnecessary to start ripping someone with name calling as you so often do trying to get your point across.

Tootle-loo.
    Seems a little hypocritical, since it looks like you called him a little girl first. Is it cuz your a mod and he\\\'s not? Just curious. that\\\'s all
    It's because VD often has a habit of letting things escalate out of control & they always get nasty & to a point of no return. You don't have use F*** every other word to make yourself understood & just because you don't like what you hear does'nt mean that it's not right.

He knows I would'nt delete his posts. It'd actually take a lot more than that for me to pull out the "mod dick" on him like that. It's just me "gently" picking back at him to keep it from going further. Gotta take it if you're gonna dish it.

Nobody needs to continuously keep getting banned from day to day for attacking various members on different threads. S*** like that get's you a permanent ban no matter how much mods disagree on who stays or who goes.

Hope that answered some of the curiousity.

SigmaMu Guest

All I can is that I wish I had been there.

I wish I had been there!

I wish I had been there!

I am going to watch the fight again tomorrow

Thread Information