Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

I know that it’s old news…but I’m back to watching Pavlik vs. Taylor again.

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

What kills me is the commentating…again.

First & foremost…Merchant was the only one that was really being legit during the entire bout.

Lampley was basically cheerleading for Taylor. Lewis was all up on him…I suppose due to the fact that Manny was in Taylor’s corner. He kept flip flopping back & forth…what choice did he have.

What killed me was the ending…the fact that Lewis said Smoger was on top of Taylor preventing him from getting up wasn’t that disturbing for me…what killed me was when he said “I don‘t know where that shot came from…”.

THAT SHOT?!?!?! What the hell was Lennox talking about?!?!?!

The end of the fight went something like this: Body shot by Pavlik & then the jab starts working! Taylor backs up, Pavlik jabs, right hand, jab, Taylor jabs, right hand wobbles Taylor’s face almost comes off, tries to retaliate & then eats a left hand, right hand, upper, left hand, upper, & then a couple of double lefts, a right, another upper, & Taylor is already out & sliding down as Pavlik throws a left hook & backs out pretty much unconscious.

Taylor was totally gone…blasted out.

Lewis began questioning that until the replay & then it was obvious that Smoger was on point.

I still just can’t get over it…personally I think that this is the upset of the year to date & also the knockout of the year.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

Anyone else thing Lennox was in denial?

Pavlik's win & showing was twice as good the second time around...I wanna say that Taylor was O-U-T out on the second upper.

I also just caught that Buffer said it was one of the greatest middleweight fights of history...

I mean...it was great & all...but was it that great?

Yep...it sure was.

Thoughts?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Taylor revisited...some things I saw that I did'nt the first time.

Totally agree with knockout of the year like you said when you see the replay in slow mo you see Taylors face nearly fly off. I think that Taylor should get an instant rematch though as its the best fight ive ever seen him in and I thought he was actually looking not only good but entertaining aswell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu
    Totally agree with knockout of the year like you said when you see the replay in slow mo you see Taylors face nearly fly off. I think that Taylor should get an instant rematch though as its the best fight ive ever seen him in and I thought he was actually looking not only good but entertaining aswell!
    Good post. Totally agree...Taylor looked good this outting & I honestly thought (2nd sitting, 4th time around)even though Taylor was gassed a bit...he pulled it out. I mean...he kept on boxing & he kept landing flush when he tossed the shots.

Also...I don't believe I've gotten you yet...so...Welcome to the Forum. Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Originally I said that the ref should have waved it off in round 2, giving Taylor the TKO.

I changed my mind about that during the Peter Vs. McCline fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Originally I said that the ref should have waved it off in round 2, giving Taylor the TKO.

I changed my mind about that during the Peter Vs. McCline fight
    Smoger is noted & known for letting matches go...especially one's of this caliber.

Pavlik was up almost immediately & was dropped on several punches...Taylor was knocked out after the 4th or 5th shot out of almost 15 or 20 flush power punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Anyone else thing Lennox was in denial?

Pavlik's win & showing was twice as good the second time around...I wanna say that Taylor was O-U-T out on the second upper.

I also just caught that Buffer said it was one of the greatest middleweight fights of history...

I mean...it was great & all...but was it that great?

Yep...it sure was.

Thoughts?
    It was a truly great KO for a number of reasons. Even though Taylor was squeaking out Round, you could see Pavlik gaining momentum with jabs and increasingly hard and accurate straight right. I could feel it coming, and I really enjoy KO's when the fight is close. Then you see Pavlik land a textbook 1-2...stunning Taylor...then the second 1-2 and Taylor is basically out on his feet. The first time I watched it, I remember thinking, "wow, this is really happening. Hell yeah!" Now Taylor backs into a corner, and Pavlik is just a lethal finisher. If Taylor knew how to calmly finish like Pavlik, Taylor would have won in the 2nd. Taylor covers up as Pavlik wastes a few punches on his arm, opening up him up for the death blow, one of the most devastating combos in boxing - right uppercut, left hook - lift the head, clean up the mess. Perfect. Textbook. Over.

Smoger has been around, and he was absolutely on point. Lennox was in denial for sure.

SigmaMu Guest

IMO, Smoger is one of thee best in the business. He is not quick to stop a fight and if he does step in, you can best be assured the fight is over. I don't listen too close to what these guys say because I trust my own eyes and a lot of times I don't agree with what is being said anyway and I am too busy trying to concentrate on the fight. A lot of times, these guys have nothing to say. The fight is everything people are saying it is.
    FOTY, FOTD, CBOTY, KOOTY. It has my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik had me eating my words after that fight

Truth is, I was so drunk when I saw the fight that I don't remember much of what happened. (I didn't even remember Pavlik going down in the 2nd the next day)

Good for Pavlik though. He is 100% the real deal and I look forward to seeing him in the ring again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I can't remember Lewis saying that the fight shouldn't have been stopped but if he did that must be a first from him.

I hate Lennox Lewis as a commentator because he's just shit.

I can't recall a fight where a figher has been knocked down and Lewis hasn't jumped up all excitedly and said 'Oh IT'S OVER!!!', or 'HE'S NOT GOING TO GET UP!'

I think because he had a glass chin he cannot conceive of another fighter recovering from a shot.

My favourite was a recent fight I can't remember which when some fighter got knocked down and Lewis is all like 'OH IT'S OVER! and Lampley asks the question will he get up, Lewis shouts 'NO!' and Larry Merchant in a bored voice of mild irritation says' He'll get up'.

Sure enough he did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    To be honest I can't remember Lewis saying that the fight shouldn't have been stopped but if he did that must be a first from him.

I hate Lennox Lewis as a commentator because he's just S***.

I can't recall a fight where a figher has been knocked down and Lewis hasn't jumped up all excitedly and said 'Oh IT'S OVER!!!', or 'HE'S NOT GOING TO GET UP!'

I think because he had a glass chin he cannot conceive of another fighter recovering from a shot.

My favourite was a recent fight I can't remember which when some fighter got knocked down and Lewis is all like 'OH IT'S OVER! and Lampley asks the question will he get up, Lewis shouts 'NO!' and Larry Merchant in a bored voice of mild irritation says' He'll get up'.

Sure enough he did
    When Taylor dropped Pavlik in round 2 Lewis said "Oh that's it! That is it!" & then as soon as Pavlik got up he was back pedalling & saying he couldn't believe that Pavlik was going to survive the round. Started giving him props for having a hellacious chin.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

First & foremost…Merchant was the only one that was really being legit during the entire bout.

Lampley was basically cheerleading for Taylor. Lewis was all up on him…I suppose due to the fact that Manny was in Taylor’s corner. He kept flip flopping back & forth…what choice did he have.

What killed me was the ending…the fact that Lewis said Smoger was on top of Taylor preventing him from getting up wasn’t that disturbing for me…what killed me was when he said “I don‘t know where that shot came from…”.

The end of the fight went something like this: Body shot by Pavlik & then the jab starts working! Taylor backs up, Pavlik jabs, right hand, jab, Taylor jabs, right hand wobbles Taylor’s face almost comes off, tries to retaliate & then eats a left hand, right hand, upper, left hand, upper, & then a couple of double lefts, a right, another upper, & Taylor is already out & sliding down as Pavlik throws a left hook & backs out pretty much unconscious.

Lewis began questioning that until the replay & then it was obvious that Smoger was on point.

I still just can’t get over it…personally I think that this is the upset of the year to date & also the knockout of the year.
    I swear some people are so fucking sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don't give a fuck about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying "Did you hear Merchant say this" "O My god Lampley was so bias". Or "Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him". What I say is, so fucking what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It's that fucking simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

Unbelievable bout.

Really.

I swear some people are so F****** sensitive and take everything to the heart. I don't give a F*** about the commentary. I rarely even pay attention to it. I watch HBO, Showtime, ESPN, FSN, Versus and Solo Boxeo to watch the boxing. Not to listen to the talking. Every time after a big fight there some clown starting a thread saying "Did you hear Merchant say this" "O My god Lampley was so bias". Or "Lennox Lewis sucks, I hate him". What I say is, so F****** what! Watch the fights with the volume down. It's that F****** simple.
    Talk about sensitive...loosen up your pannies little girl...everybody remembers you picked Taylor. You rarely pay attention to the commentarty? Oh please...when it suits you to piss & moan...we all have to hear it...I think you can deal with this discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sitting through the Pavlik Miranda fight now...it's unreal that neither one of them are concentrating on the jab as of round 2.

Pavlik's straight right is unreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of NOT listening to the commentary...Lampley said that round 1 could have been dubbed "Round of the Year."

Pretty exciting fight...no doubt.

Thread Information