Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

Quote Originally Posted by zzz
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder disclocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.
    The other fight he was injured in was when he got pushed out of the ring by Mills Lane against Robert Allen.

I don't think a hard a** like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

When Hopkins injured his shoulder against Echols he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think & then passed on winning the fight over a foul. That says a hell of a lot to me. Now, if you couple that with the fact that he continued the bout injured, dropped Echols in the 7th, & then stopped him in the 10th round...that goes a long way by stating that Hopkins truly proved what a great fighter & champion he was.

Anyways...your leg is a long way from your shoulder...that's my point. I don't know of another fight that he was injured in other than some head butts or the like against Mercado.

People may not like Hopkins...but he were'nt no chump.

I'm not sure what you are saying here Wacko. I like Hopkins, he's no faker and there is no doubt his shoulder was in a lot of pain, but it wasn't dislocated. If it was, then the ball would have been right out of the socket. He was punching with both hands later in the fight, and what I am saying is that is not possible with a dislocated shoulder, a dislocated shoulder means the the arm is basically useless. He very likely would not have been able to use it even as a guard. A sprain can sill be painful but you would srill have some use of the arm.

cheers.
    I think during the fight that he said he might have dislocated it...maybe he said he did...I can't remember...but he was fucked up & hurt & continued the bout injured & finished the bout by knockout...that's all I am saying.

I'm saying the man would'nt fake an injury to get out of a bout as many have questioned in the past of other fighters.

I think I might have gone on the defensive a bit as I might have misunderstood your post.

Below here:

Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder dislocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.
    Are you saying you've suffered the injury more than once or Hopkins.

If you are saying you...then I misunderstood...because I thought you were saying Hopkins & referring to the bout that Mills Lane shoved him through the ropes & he fucked up his hip & ankle.

See what I am saying?

So if it's you that suffered the injury...then I misunderstood & thought you were talking about both times Hopkins has been hurt in/out of the ring & was trying to clear up that situation...but if you were referring to yourself...then again...I misunderstood ya.

Get me?
    Sorry, I meant I have suffered the injury, three times. Last time was about 25 years ago. I guess I was unclear about that. Dislocation means your shoulder is completely immobilized, the ball is out of the socket and the shoulder and upper arm is locked in a certain position until it gets pulled back into the socket.

I now have metal in my shoulder to keep things tight, has been fine for the last 20 years.
    Sorry? Nah man...that one was all me...I just read ya wrong. for sorting me out on that one.

I gotcha on what it is & all that...I was just thinking you were saying that he had faked an injury & that he had done it again previously. My bad 100%.

Again...that one was all on me.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

cc back, your reputation proceeds you and no offence was taken. A misunderstanding was the only possible explanation.

Damn but that was an entertaining fight, wasn't it? That was actually my introduction to Hopkins, I'd never seen him before that, But he really impressed me, he showed a lot of character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc back, your reputation proceeds you and no offence was taken. A misunderstanding was the only possible explanation.

Damn but that was an entertaining fight, wasn't it? That was actually my introduction to Hopkins, I'd never seen him before that, But he really impressed me, he showed a lot of character.

Yeah...I meant no offence...I just tend to get a bit...weird over Hopkins...him being the solid point of my boxing love & all that. I've been stuck on him pretty much the entire time that I've been into boxing. I couldn't grasp why you were saying what you were saying & then I figured pretty much the same thing you did...that it was a misunderstanding.

Thanks for handling it like a gentleman.

It was indeed an exciting fight.

I am sure that you saw the Tito fight...but have you seen the Joppy fight? If you have'nt...you have to find it.

I love that fight.

I remember sitting through a shitty Don King PPV Heavyweight Card with a bunch of my bwoys & Hopkins was the last fight on the card. I kept going on & on & on about him.

They all laughed @ me because I was the only one in the group that liked a middleweight & when the rest of the card sucked ass & Hopkins came out there & beat Joppy down...I mean beat him so bad that he started lookin deformed...they were all just speechless.

I had taped it & we watched it the minute that it was over. They just could't believe some of the shit he was landing & doing.

Turned 'em all into Hopkins fans. It was great.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PERNELL WHITAKER V ROGER MAYWEATHER

Absolute classic, it's probably had more flagrant fouls than my dog has in the back garden in a month!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder disclocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.
    The other fight he was injured in was when he got pushed out of the ring by Mills Lane against Robert Allen.

I don't think a hard a** like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

When Hopkins injured his shoulder against Echols he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think & then passed on winning the fight over a foul. That says a hell of a lot to me. Now, if you couple that with the fact that he continued the bout injured, dropped Echols in the 7th, & then stopped him in the 10th round...that goes a long way by stating that Hopkins truly proved what a great fighter & champion he was.

Anyways...your leg is a long way from your shoulder...that's my point. I don't know of another fight that he was injured in other than some head butts or the like against Mercado.

Whats even more amazing,is he won the next round and a half one handed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do really disagree! Hopkins is a chump and you are correct, people dont like him. I was at this vegas fight "it was amazing" but hopkins is a very dirty fighter. I taped the show as well, although it was a live fight it was very edited. It did not show what led up to Hopkins being thrown out of the ring by Echols. Hopkins repeatedly sucker punched Echols from behind, get this--this was all after the bell rang and the fighters were to go back to their corners. If I were Echols, I would have made sure I hurt more than his shoulder! The fight was fix-this was vegas folks. I talked with many of the locals and they all agree not to go to any vegas fights for this very reason.

There just are not any sports left that athletes go on natural ability(no drugs) or just play for the sport. I am going to start watching golf I guess.

Thanx for listening. Mrs. Howerton

[quote=Trainer Monkey;388733]

Whats even more amazing,is he won the next round and a half one handed[/quote]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Bernard is faking."

lol
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko3205 View Post

I don't think a hard ass like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

Watch the Calzaghe fight again when he faked the low blows, he had a face on him like he was shitting a jumbo jet. It was like something from a wrestling match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    The amount of fouling is unreal with Hopkins rabbit punching Echols so hard he knocked him down Echols picking Hopkins up and Discolating his shoulder great heart showed by Hopkins by the way but the amount of fouling is quite unreal.
    Thats actually the fight that made me a fan of Hopkins,I mean lets face it,he won a round and a half with his jab only because of that hip toss by Echols.
    Thats serious balls

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Echols was at times a dirty sort,always some drama with him .In the end...Hopkins wrecked him

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liles vs. Littles II - Now that's a fucken dirty fight. It had Taekwondo, Sumo, Wrestling, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Jeet Kun Do, Akido oh! and some Boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    The amount of fouling is unreal with Hopkins rabbit punching Echols so hard he knocked him down Echols picking Hopkins up and Discolating his shoulder great heart showed by Hopkins by the way but the amount of fouling is quite unreal.
    Thats actually the fight that made me a fan of Hopkins,I mean lets face it,he won a round and a half with his jab only because of that hip toss by Echols.
    Thats serious balls
    Same here. I knew little about Hopkins before that. I'm thinkin "hey, this guy is badass"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Hopkins fans want to defend him over the low blow stuff?

No one seems to want to, maybe because he was a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Thats serious balls
    Same here. I knew little about Hopkins before that. I'm thinkin "hey, this guy is badass"
    He could have quit on his stool in the fight,even if he hadnt been miles ahead on points,he still wouldnt have lost the title.
    I actually grabbed people(I often study film by myself, just because its my job) and was telling them,jesus you gotta see this shit.
    B-hop is on the wall of my gym now
    And as far as the other person asking about low blows,so what?
    Guys throw kidney shots,back of the head crap like that all the time,if the ref didnt see it,you didnt do it. Hell Liston ranks as one of the nastiest eye gouges Ive ever seen,and he was champ for a bit. Ive had a fighter lose, because she took two to the back of the head. Calzeghe beat Hopkins off of shots that only hit the elbows. As far as dirty crap,Bernards whomping them on the thigh is actually pretty tame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    No Hopkins fans want to defend him over the low blow stuff?

No one seems to want to, maybe because he was a disgrace.
    Kel rules are rules.

A fighter is allowed 5 minutes rest when he has been hit low, although it didn't exactly look devestating it DID land low. I think it was clear watching the fight that Hopkins was feeling the pace so he found a oppurtunity to take a rest and he used it. It proved to be a smart move by Hopkins because in the majority's eyes he won the round.

Had calzaghe done it you would of called it a smart move.

Thread Information