Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

The amount of fouling is unreal with Hopkins rabbit punching Echols so hard he knocked him down Echols picking Hopkins up and Discolating his shoulder great heart showed by Hopkins by the way but the amount of fouling is quite unreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICB Guest

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

Yea i just watched it from you thanks lil bro keep em coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Antwun Echols 2 One Of The Most Dirtiest Fights Ever ??

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Yea i just watched it from you thanks lil bro keep em coming
    will do mate CC back Ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch Pep-Saddler 4

El Kabong Guest

I thought Hopkins' fights with Robert Allen were dirty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder disclocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder dislocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.

Echols gets my vote for one of the most pathetic performances ever in a title fight, for the way he kept on complaining to the ref and then getting clocked. He just didn't learn.

A very entertaining fight nonetheless.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao - Agapito Sanchez (RIP) was also a terrible dirty fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can it get any dirtier then Golota-Bowe or Tyson-Holyfield?

I mean a fwocken ear was bitten off, I think that exceeds all dirty fighting. Having part of an ear bitten off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zzz
    Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder disclocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.
    The other fight he was injured in was when he got pushed out of the ring by Mills Lane against Robert Allen.

I don't think a hard ass like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

When Hopkins injured his shoulder against Echols he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think & then passed on winning the fight over a foul. That says a hell of a lot to me. Now, if you couple that with the fact that he continued the bout injured, dropped Echols in the 7th, & then stopped him in the 10th round...that goes a long way by stating that Hopkins truly proved what a great fighter & champion he was.

Anyways...your leg is a long way from your shoulder...that's my point. I don't know of another fight that he was injured in other than some head butts or the like against Mercado.

People may not like Hopkins...but he were'nt no chump.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Can it get any dirtier then Golota-Bowe or Tyson-Holyfield?

I mean a fwocken ear was bitten off, I think that exceeds all dirty fighting. Having part of an ear bitten off.
    As I stated somewhere earlier today...prior to the match this afternoon Holyfield was jokin & crackin on that debacle. He said that he was'nt mad at Tyson & that he'd climb in the ring for 9 minutes & let him chew on his other ear for $35 million.

I would too...but that's some funny shit right there.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    The other fight he was injured in was when he got pushed out of the ring by Mills Lane against Robert Allen.

I don't think a hard a** like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

When Hopkins injured his shoulder against Echols he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think & then passed on winning the fight over a foul. That says a hell of a lot to me. Now, if you couple that with the fact that he continued the bout injured, dropped Echols in the 7th, & then stopped him in the 10th round...that goes a long way by stating that Hopkins truly proved what a great fighter & champion he was.

Anyways...your leg is a long way from your shoulder...that's my point. I don't know of another fight that he was injured in other than some head butts or the like against Mercado.

I'm not sure what you are saying here Wacko. I like Hopkins, he's no faker and there is no doubt his shoulder was in a lot of pain, but it wasn't dislocated. If it was, then the ball would have been right out of the socket. He was punching with both hands later in the fight, and what I am saying is that is not possible with a dislocated shoulder, a dislocated shoulder means the the arm is basically useless. He very likely would not have been able to use it even as a guard. A sprain can sill be painful but you would srill have some use of the arm.

cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think a hard a** like Hopkins would fake an injury for sympathy. He was hurt plain & simple & did'nt make much of a career out of faking injuries...& he did'nt have the same injury. Allen & Hopkins were in a clench & Lane pushed between the two fighters to seperate them, Hopkins fell backwards through the ropes all the way to the concrete floor. He wacked his hip & ankle on the way down to the floor. Pretty long fall...however tall a ring is...four or five feet maybe?

I'm not sure what you are saying here Wacko. I like Hopkins, he's no faker and there is no doubt his shoulder was in a lot of pain, but it wasn't dislocated. If it was, then the ball would have been right out of the socket. He was punching with both hands later in the fight, and what I am saying is that is not possible with a dislocated shoulder, a dislocated shoulder means the the arm is basically useless. He very likely would not have been able to use it even as a guard. A sprain can sill be painful but you would srill have some use of the arm.

cheers.
    I think during the fight that he said he might have dislocated it...maybe he said he did...I can't remember...but he was fucked up & hurt & continued the bout injured & finished the bout by knockout...that's all I am saying.

I'm saying the man would'nt fake an injury to get out of a bout as many have questioned in the past of other fighters.

I think I might have gone on the defensive a bit as I might have misunderstood your post.

Below here:

Having suffered that injury on more than one occasion, I can guarantee you that in no way was Hopkins' shoulder dislocated. He would not have been able to continue the way he did. Separated maybe, more likely sprained.
    Are you saying you've suffered the injury more than once or Hopkins.

If you are saying you...then I misunderstood...because I thought you were saying Hopkins & referring to the bout that Mills Lane shoved him through the ropes & he fucked up his hip & ankle.

See what I am saying?

So if it's you that suffered the injury...then I misunderstood & thought you were talking about both times Hopkins has been hurt in/out of the ring & was trying to clear up that situation...but if you were referring to yourself...then again...I misunderstood ya.

Get me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers.
    I think during the fight that he said he might have dislocated it...maybe he said he did...I can't remember...but he was fucked up & hurt & continued the bout injured & finished the bout by knockout...that's all I am saying.

I'm saying the man would'nt fake an injury to get out of a bout as many have questioned in the past of other fighters.

I think I might have gone on the defensive a bit as I might have misunderstood your post.

Below here:

Are you saying you've suffered the injury more than once or Hopkins.

If you are saying you...then I misunderstood...because I thought you were saying Hopkins & referring to the bout that Mills Lane shoved him through the ropes & he fucked up his hip & ankle.

See what I am saying?

So if it's you that suffered the injury...then I misunderstood & thought you were talking about both times Hopkins has been hurt in/out of the ring & was trying to clear up that situation...but if you were referring to yourself...then again...I misunderstood ya.

Get me?
    Sorry, I meant I have suffered the injury, three times. Last time was about 25 years ago. I guess I was unclear about that. Dislocation means your shoulder is completely immobilized, the ball is out of the socket and the shoulder and upper arm is locked in a certain position until it gets pulled back into the socket.

I now have metal in my shoulder to keep things tight, has been fine for the last 20 years.

Thread Information