Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's over for him

Just got word that Stevie Johnson got stopped by former Jose Luis Castillo victim Rolando Reyes. Seems Johnson quit on his stool in the late rounds. Lil but Bad was a great boxer. Great Lightweight. But at 35, it seems he's done. Johnson had looked good in his 2 previous fights. Not sure what happened. He should of beaten Reyes without much trouble. Guess he just got old

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's over for him

You just got word?

This fight happened hours ago. I didn't know you were waiting for the result. I was tempted to post it when I saw the result earlier today but figured no one really cares. '
    Also you really think he looked good against Tyrone?
    I think he looked old, which is why I made the prediction I made. I mean he just squeeked by Tyrone and the judge who had the bigger margin in points is out of his mind scoring that fight like that. Anyway I do think Stevies done.

I'm happy with this result. I predicted a TKO for Reyes as my joker in the prediction contest.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    You just got word?

This fight happened hours ago. I didn't know you were waiting for the result. I was tempted to post it when I saw the result earlier today but figured no one really cares. '
    I think he looked old, which is why I made the prediction I made. I mean he just squeeked by Tyrone and the judge who had the bigger margin in points is out of his mind scoring that fight like that. Anyway I do think Stevies done.

I'm happy with this result. I predicted a TKO for Reyes as my joker in the prediction contest.
    I woulnd't mention the prediction contest to Violent Demise.

I just got word he scored ZERO POINTS today

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just got word?

I'm sitting at home, drinking my Grey Goose. After watching the Diaz fight, I switch back to the World Series (Indians are smashing them now). I get a call from my little cousin. She watches a lot of boxing. She talks to me about the Diaz fight. And than she tells me if I knew that Stevie Johnson got stopped. I said no I didn't. Check Saddo for confirmation, but there ain't none. So I take her word for it.

Anyway, I taught Johnson looked a little rusty against Harris. But he had been inactive for awhile. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He looked much better against Toledo. I knew he was getting old, but I didn't expect Reyes to be the one to beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have'nt felt much for Stevie Johnston since watching Juan Lazcano blast him out over 7 rounds about 3 or 4 years ago.

He's been fighting on borrowed time for many years now.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    You just got word?

I'm sitting at home, drinking my Grey Goose. After watching the Diaz fight, I switch back to the World Series (Indians are smashing them now). I get a call from my little cousin. She watches a lot of boxing. She talks to me about the Diaz fight. And than she tells me if I knew that Stevie Johnson got stopped. I said no I didn't. Check Saddo for confirmation, but there ain't none. So I take her word for it.

Anyway, I taught Johnson looked a little rusty against Harris. But he had been inactive for awhile. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He looked much better against Toledo. I knew he was getting old, but I didn't expect Reyes to be the one to beat him.
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I have'nt felt much for Stevie Johnston since watching Juan Lazcano blast him out over 7 rounds about 3 or 4 years ago.

He's been fighting on borrowed time for many years now.
    Well said WackOff, I like that.
    Fighting on borrowed time.... Good way of saying it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    You just got word?

I had John Ruiz winning.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    You just got word?

I had John Ruiz winning.
    Just a shame it doesn't count as he fought a different opponent

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got word that Stevie Johnson got stopped by former Jose Luis Castillo victim Rolando Reyes. Seems Johnson quit on his stool in the late rounds. Lil but Bad was a great boxer. Great Lightweight. But at 35, it seems he's done. Johnson had looked good in his 2 previous fights. Not sure what happened. He should of beaten Reyes without much trouble. Guess he just got old
    That sux .I was looking for match up but no one around here aired sh!!.Wasn't it in B.F Idaho or Ohio??Johnston all class as slickster southpaw .Reyes is not a bum but should have been a stat on Stevies resume.
    Thanks for the heads up V.D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CUTMEMICK - Just saw your youtube avatar. Pretty impressive meeting the legends. I knew about Marco Barrera but not Cotto and Shane , Winky etc . Im impresssed !

I knew he was washed up when he got badly beaten up by Harris . He looked old that night and am abit surprised he got back to winning ways b4 this defeat .

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    CUTMEMICK - Just saw your youtube avatar. Pretty impressive meeting the legends. I knew about Marco Barrera but not Cotto and Shane , Winky etc . Im impresssed !
    Heres CC#14O on me GAME...
    Thanks and when you have the time check out this thread.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,53897.0.html

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres your answer VD.

Stevie Johnston will continue to fight,” said Jim Ryder, promoter of Silverhawk Boxing. “We believe in Stevie and will sit down to discuss what is best for him.”.... read the rest here.

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ELofHVcEf.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after he fought vivian haris
    he should of retired

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sucks, I always liked Stevie and can't stand boring ass Reyes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Headson

after he fought vivian haris
    he should of retired
    That was a career ending loss wasnt it . Looks like he had one beating left in him

Thread Information