Thread: Some Knowledge For That A**!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Knowledge For That A**!!

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    For those that want to continue the argument of Evander Holyfield being an all time great heavyweight........................

Do you know what Holyfield's record as a HEAVYWEIGHT is??

24 wins
    9 losses (that's not a type-o, he really does have 9 losses )
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Has there ever been a more overrated fighter in the history of boxing??

Nope.

Hail Sultan!
    If Holyfield is that overrated what does that make Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis ??

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not band wagon jumpers like you ) know this.

And Lennox Lewis (who I have also said is overrated many times in the past) accounted for 1 of his draws and 1 of his astonishing 9 losses, so I don't see where you're headed with that.

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not band wagon jumpers like you ) know this.
    p
    people who follow the sport would also know Holyfield was also past his prime and having heart problems in Moorer fight and had Heptias A in 3rd Bowe fight wasn't it ?? and looking garbage in these fights where as Tyson was KO everyone out in 3 rounds or less thats why out of 42 boxing experts only 1 had Holyfield winning because of the fact that Holyfield looked garbage and a shot fighter in his fights with Moorer and Bowe where as people were saying Tyson was back to his best because of his impressive KO's i love when people say Tyson was past his prime and forget the fact that Holyfield was older than Tyson and was also just as much past his prime as Tyson was.

Are you seriously trying to say that Holyfield was past his prime in 1994??

Tell me then, Owned....

What span was Holyfield's heavyweight "prime," that puts him up there with the all time great heavyweights??

That doesn't mean "Well if Holyfield didn't haveinsert medical condition/injury here he would have beaten insert name of fighter here"

When was his prime? and I'm not talking about cruiserweight Holyfield, we're talking about "All Time Great," heavyweight Holyfield.

Up until this point.... all you Holyfield fans seem to do is speculate who would have won these fights IF Holyfield didn't have whatever ailment that prevented him from winning these fights.

Thats why everyone was saying plus there was legit reason he lost Moorer fight and everyone was saying he looked like shot fighter in Moorer fight.

What span was Holyfield's heavyweight "prime," that puts him up there with the all time great heavyweights??

I would say 1989 to 1993 was his prime but after that he had an up and down career and i wouldn't put him up there with all time great Heavyweights i have never said that but he is still a great fighter.

Up until this point.... all you Holyfield fans seem to do is speculate who would have won these fights IF Holyfield didn't have whatever ailment that prevented him from winning these fights.

Its just common sense Holyfield was having bad problems with his heart and shoulder injury in 1st Moorer fight thats obvisious and Moorer still only won MD.

And as for 3rd Bowe fight both men didn't look that good at all Holyfield had hepitius A and was huffing and puffing like an old man only after 2 rounds there was something definetly wrong and Bowe just looked like beached whale Holyfield had Bowe gone in the 6th round but could not finish him because he didn't have energy because of his problem im not saying he could of won it but both men were just a shell of themselves in that fight thats all there is to it and Holyfield looked like shot fighter in 3rd Bowe fight thats why no one gave him a chance against Tyson.

Then why are you debating with me on this issue??

This is a thread that's devoted to proving that Evander Holyfield IS NOT an "all time great," heavyweight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    So your only going by the numbers and not who he fought? Evander has fought the best of his era beating most of the and being competetive with more world champions than any other heavyweight. You cant hold his reent losses against his legacy, thats unfair to what he has already accomplished which is,yes, greatness.

I'm afraid that losing 2 out of 3 to Riddick Bowe, losing to Michael Moorer, losing to John Ruiz, losing to James Toney, losing to Larry Donald, losing to Chris Byrd, and losing to a few others while boasting a very unimpressive 24 win and 9 loss record DOES NOT constitute greatness.

Evander Holyfield's so called "legacy," is nothing more than a bunch of delusional fans making excuses for him, every time he loses a fight (which was/is far too often)

Evander Holyfield's so called "legacy," is nothing more than a bunch of delusional fans making excuses for him, every time he loses a fight (which was/is far too often)

This coming from a Judah fan

Nobody is saying that Judah is an all time great.... yet

What's real funny is the part of my post that you extracted and put in bold applies directly to you. Then you do nothing more than rattle off excuses about the fights he would have won.

You did nothing more than validate that statement.

John Ruiz = 1-1-1 with Ruiz Holyfield was 38+

Michael Moorer = Had heart problems in first Moorer fight and injured his shoulder everyone knows this and he gave Moorer a beating in the rematch.

Getting TKO'd by James Toney = Holyfield was 40

Larry Donald = Holyfield was 42

Chris Byrd = Holyfield was 40

Sultan Ibragimov = Holyfield was 44

Thanks

I'll ask you again...............

During what span was Evander Holyfield an "all time great," among heavyweights?

What are you talking about an excuse ?? being 40+ is not a legit reason ?? then you haven't got a clue what your on about and you are just being a hater.

Nobody is saying that Judah is an all time great.... yet

Yes they are the biggest all time great joker of his generation for certain Judah takes the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    again, you're not looking at the whole story... simply the record and the numbers.

Actually, Adam.........................

I've seen the fights, so I don't really need to hear any stories

ICB Guest

For those that want to continue the argument of Evander Holyfield being an all time great heavyweight........................

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!
    If Holyfield is that overrated what does that make Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis ??

And Lennox Lewis (who I have also said is overrated many times in the past) accounted for 1 of his draws and 1 of his astonishing 9 losses, so I don't see where you're headed with that.

p
    people who follow the sport would also know Holyfield was also past his prime and having heart problems in Moorer fight and had Heptias A in 3rd Bowe fight wasn't it ?? and looking garbage in these fights where as Tyson was KO everyone out in 3 rounds or less thats why out of 42 boxing experts only 1 had Holyfield winning because of the fact that Holyfield looked garbage and a shot fighter in his fights with Moorer and Bowe where as people were saying Tyson was back to his best because of his impressive KO's i love when people say Tyson was past his prime and forget the fact that Holyfield was older than Tyson and was also just as much past his prime as Tyson was.

Tell me then, Owned....

That doesn't mean "Well if Holyfield didn't haveinsert medical condition/injury here he would have beaten insert name of fighter here"

When was his prime? and I'm not talking about cruiserweight Holyfield, we're talking about "All Time Great," heavyweight Holyfield.

Thats why everyone was saying plus there was legit reason he lost Moorer fight and everyone was saying he looked like shot fighter in Moorer fight.

I would say 1989 to 1993 was his prime but after that he had an up and down career and i wouldn't put him up there with all time great Heavyweights i have never said that but he is still a great fighter.

Its just common sense Holyfield was having bad problems with his heart and shoulder injury in 1st Moorer fight thats obvisious and Moorer still only won MD.

And as for 3rd Bowe fight both men didn't look that good at all Holyfield had hepitius A and was huffing and puffing like an old man only after 2 rounds there was something definetly wrong and Bowe just looked like beached whale Holyfield had Bowe gone in the 6th round but could not finish him because he didn't have energy because of his problem im not saying he could of won it but both men were just a shell of themselves in that fight thats all there is to it and Holyfield looked like shot fighter in 3rd Bowe fight thats why no one gave him a chance against Tyson.

This is a thread that's devoted to proving that Evander Holyfield IS NOT an "all time great," heavyweight.
    No this thread is about you putting down a great fighter like Holyfield what did he ever do so wrong for you too hate him so much ?? and yet you are a fan of a fighter like Judah who is totally disrespectful and a nasty piece of work and can never back up what he claims i just don't get you at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p

Tell me then, Owned....

No this thread is about you putting down a great fighter like Holyfield what did he ever do so wrong for you too hate him so much ?? and yet you are a fan of a fighter like Judah who is totally disrespectful and a nasty piece of work and can never back up what he claims i just don't get you at all.

There you go again..............

Throwing around greatness to fighters that don't deserve it.

As for Zab Judah, I like him based on his potential and what I think he COULD be (nobody can argue that Zab has potential), but you don't hear me saying that he's some all-time great.

Anyways......

This thread is about Evander Holyfield not being an "all-time great," so I'm having a hard time seeing why you start throwing Zab's name around when he was never in this discussion in the first place. Unless, of course, you lost your ass in this debate and have now resorted to bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what we were discussing in the first place, in some desperate attempt to save yourself some foolishness.

Or maybe that's not the case at all

Who knows.............?

Hail Sultan!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

What does it say about the following all time great heavyweights that beat this "legend?"

John Ruiz

Michael Moorer

Getting TKO'd by James Toney

Larry Donald

Chris Byrd

Sultan Ibragimov

In case you didn't notice................

That list (I omitted Riddick Bowe because I feel that he actually was an all time great heavyweight in his prime) isn't exactly a list of top heavyweights, yet they all managed to beat up on Holyfield.

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not bandwagon jumpers like you) know this.

John Ruiz = 1-1-1 with Ruiz Holyfield was 38+

Michael Moorer = Had heart problems in first Moorer fight and injured his shoulder everyone knows this and he gave Moorer a beating in the rematch.

Getting TKO'd by James Toney = Holyfield was 40

Larry Donald = Holyfield was 42

Chris Byrd = Holyfield was 40

Sultan Ibragimov = Holyfield was 44

All of these losses were when Holyfield was past his prime this is just classic case of being old and past your prime except the Moorer loss but there was legit reason he lost and Moorer still only won by MD i don't see what this proves ?? all you have done is bring up losses when he was well past his prime this can happen to any great fighter.
    I'll Make No excuses fo losses to L.donald and C.byrd,Those were just Humiliating Imo but both were totally wrong style match-ups and dumb fights to sign.about 1st Moorer fight REMEMBER well documented legit valve problems found afterwards .also Moorer was Put on his Butt In 2nd round And All 3 judges scored it 10-9...not 10-8 as it should have been.that was the difference in retaining title or losing it.Its a wash anyway because believe it or not Moorer had skills and was avenged 10 fold in a mugging.HolYfield Is a Legend who stayed around to long chasing belts he never needed in the first place to prove his greatness.

ICB Guest

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p

Tell me then, Owned....

As for Zab Judah, I like him based on his potential and what I think he COULD be (nobody can argue that Zab has potential), but you don't hear me saying that he's some all-time great.

Anyways......

This thread is about Evander Holyfield not being an "all-time great," so I'm having a hard time seeing why you start throwing Zab's name around when he was never in this discussion in the first place. Unless, of course, you lost your a** in this debate and have now resorted to bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what we were discussing in the first place, in some desperate attempt to save yourself some foolishness.

Who knows.............?

Hail Sultan!
    This thread is about Evander Holyfield not being an "all-time great," so I'm having a hard time seeing why you start throwing Zab's name around when he was never in this discussion in the first place. Unless, of course, you lost your a** in this debate and have now resorted to bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what we were discussing in the first place, in some desperate attempt to save yourself some foolishness.

Nope it isn't its another one of your hate threads how many times do you put down Margarito and Holyfield ?? you never stop and i throw Judah's name around because he is one of your favorite fighters and he is disrespectful moron and fouls fighters like Mayweather with lows blows and back of the head shots when he is losing taking the cowards way out i don't know how anyone can be a fan of a fighter like that.

you lost your a** in this debate and have now resorted to bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what we were discussing in the first place, in some desperate attempt to save yourself some foolishness

Lost my a** in this debate ?? you lost with your first foolish post everyone thinks your posts on this thread is nonsense and everyone knows your just a hater if you want to keep going with this debate we can go all day and night if you want i will keep giving you the facts and showing you up all you do is keep bringing up losses and forget to mention Holyfield was 40+ and you know why you don't bring it up ?? because your a hater and want to try and tarnish Holyfield's record even more when there is no need to kick a man when he is down especially when Holyfield is a great fighter and a proud man.

The case is your a hater and your posts on this thread are total nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield beat good fighters in an undefeated alex stewart, Buster Douglas, Michael Dokes, Pinklon Thomas, Jamies Tillis, Foreman (before he regained the title), Bowe, Moorer, old Holmes, Bowe, Ray Mercer, and a washed up Tyson. You could argue that some of thaose guys werent that good but if you say Holy wasnt that good than neither was Lewis or Tyson cause the fought and beat mostly the same competition.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

again, you're not looking at the whole story... simply the record and the numbers.

So it doesn't matter in the slightest the condition he came into the ring for the moorer fight, how he fought and how big a beating he gave in the rematch?

ICB Guest

Well if you have seen the fights then maybe just maybe you might tell the whole story instead of half the story ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p

Tell me then, Owned....

Anyways......

Who knows.............?

Hail Sultan!

Nope it isn't its another one of your hate threads how many times do you put down Margarito and Holyfield ?? you never stop and i throw Judah's name around because he is one of your favorite fighters and he is disrespectful moron and fouls fighters like Mayweather with lows blows and back of the head shots when he is losing taking the cowards way out i don't know how anyone can be a fan of a fighter like that.

you lost your a** in this debate and have now resorted to bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what we were discussing in the first place, in some desperate attempt to save yourself some foolishness

Lost my a** in this debate ?? you lost with your first foolish post everyone thinks your posts on this thread is nonsense and everyone knows your just a hater if you want to keep going with this debate we can go all day and night if you want i will keep giving you the facts and showing you up all you do is keep bringing up losses and forget to mention Holyfield was 40+ and you know why you don't bring it up ?? because your a hater and want to try and tarnish Holyfield's record even more when there is no need to kick a man when he is down especially when Holyfield is a great fighter and a proud man.

If he decides to continue fighting over 40 years of age, then that's on him.

Funny that earlier in the thread you mentioned that Holyfield's prime was between 1989 and 1993........

He was one and one with Riddick Bowe (even though he got a total gift decision in his win) and had a victory over George Foreman.

Oh wait!!!!!!

Foreman was over 40, so I guess that doesn't count right?? Or does it?? Please explain this age double standard that you're clinging to?

ICB Guest

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p

Tell me then, Owned....

Anyways......

Who knows.............?

Hail Sultan!

Funny that earlier in the thread you mentioned that Holyfield's prime was between 1989 and 1993........

He was one and one with Riddick Bowe (even though he got a total gift decision in his win) and had a victory over George Foreman.

Oh wait!!!!!!

Foreman was over 40, so I guess that doesn't count right?? Or does it?? Please explain this age double standard that you're clinging to?

Yes it is but it still doesn't change the fact he was past his prime.

He was one and one with Riddick Bowe (even though he got a total gift decision in his win

He beat Bowe fair and square it was close fight but Holyfield just nicked it.

and had a victory over George Foreman.

Oh wait!!!!!!

Foreman was over 40, so I guess that doesn't count right?? Or does it?? Please explain this age double standard that you're clinging to

What are you on about now ?? when have i ever said Foreman wasn't past his prime ?? but Foreman did improve on somethings when he comeback later in his career Holyfield got worse and worse age treats men different to others i thought that was obvisious ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it doesn't matter in the slightest the condition he came into the ring for the moorer fight, how he fought and how big a beating he gave in the rematch?

I never said he didn't have heart....

The fact is, is that he lost to Moorer. Whether he was too old, had heart problems, had the flu, had a headache, etc. etc. doesn't matter because he lost.

It's like a guy that has no legs saying that if he did have legs, he would be the fastest runner in the world.

The guy hung around far too long and it is destroying whatever so called legacy he had, and it's only gonna get worse every time he loses.

9 losses and counting.....

He's not (or wasn't) a terrible fighter, just not an all-time great.

He's like a heavyweight Arturo Gatti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield is a blown up cruiser. He didn't belong in the heavy's to begin with and he fought the best of his era, beat most of them, or put on a hell of a fight. If you remember he was diagnosed with a defective heart valve. This was during the Moorer fight and Bowe 3rd fight. Somehow it was healed prior to the Tyson fight and my opinion all along was that Holyfield should have retired after that fight.

Sadly he is still fighting and has been way past his best. The list of fighters he lost to are almost all former champions. These were pretty much all championship fights. Get real. Because he didn't dodge fighters and have matchmakers put him in with only fighters to pad his record, he's got losses. I hate to break it too you but if every fighter fought the highest competetion they would have multiple losses on their records. It's life. No one is really that dominate over another person. MMA is much more realistic in matchups than boxing. All the champs have multiple losses. It's because they fight stiffer competetion more often.

Holyfield is an all time great because of who he's fought, how he fought, and the accomplishments of his career. In addition he hasn't allowed losses to get him down. How many fighters disappear after a loss? Most writers say they should retire whenever they lose. While I think Holyfield should retire, he is amazing in his perserverance.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p

Tell me then, Owned....

Anyways......

Who knows.............?

Hail Sultan!

Oh wait!!!!!!

Yes it is but it still doesn't change the fact he was past his prime.

[b]He was one and one with Riddick Bowe (even though he got a total gift decision in his win

He beat Bowe fair and square it was close fight but Holyfield just nicked it.

[b]and had a victory over George Foreman.

Oh wait!!!!!!

What are you on about now ?? when have i ever said Foreman wasn't past his prime ?? but Foreman did improve on somethings when he comeback later in his career age Holyfield got worse and worse age treats men different to others i thought that was obvisious ??

So you're saying that Foreman should win past the age of 40 while it's acceptable for Holyfield to lose past the age of 40 because "age treats men differently,"??

Are you fucking serious?

You are really reaching, now.

It's Holyfield's own fault for not retiring when he should have. If he wants to continue fighting until he's 60 years old and he finishes with 30 losses then that's on him.

Thread Information