Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some Knowledge For That A**!!

For those that want to continue the argument of Evander Holyfield being an all time great heavyweight........................

Do you know what Holyfield's record as a HEAVYWEIGHT is??

24 wins
    9 losses (that's not a type-o, he really does have 9 losses )
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Has there ever been a more overrated fighter in the history of boxing??

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Some Knowledge For That A**!!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    For those that want to continue the argument of Evander Holyfield being an all time great heavyweight........................

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!
    If Holyfield is that overrated what does that make Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis ??

You never know when to give it a rest do you Frozen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!
    If Holyfield is that overrated what does that make Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis ??

What does it say about the following all time great heavyweights that beat this "legend?"

John Ruiz

Michael Moorer

Getting TKO'd by James Toney

Larry Donald

Chris Byrd

Sultan Ibragimov

In case you didn't notice................

That list (I omitted Riddick Bowe because I feel that he actually was an all time great heavyweight in his prime) isn't exactly a list of top heavyweights, yet they all managed to beat up on Holyfield.

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not bandwagon jumpers like you) know this.

And Lennox Lewis (who I have also said is overrated many times in the past) accounted for 1 of his draws and 1 of his astonishing 9 losses, so I don't see where you're headed with that.

ICB Guest

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not band wagon jumpers like you ) know this.

And Lennox Lewis (who I have also said is overrated many times in the past) accounted for 1 of his draws and 1 of his astonishing 9 losses, so I don't see where you're headed with that.

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not band wagon jumpers like you ) know this.

And people who follow the sport would also know Holyfield was also past his prime and having heart problems in Moorer fight and had Heptias A in 3rd Bowe fight wasn't it ?? and looking garbage in these fights where as Tyson was KO everyone out in 3 rounds or less thats why out of 42 boxing experts only 1 had Holyfield winning because of the fact that Holyfield looked garbage and a shot fighter in his fights with Moorer and Bowe where as people were saying Tyson was back to his best because of his impressive KO's i love when people say Tyson was past his prime and forget the fact that Holyfield was older than Tyson and was also just as much past his prime as Tyson was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So your only going by the numbers and not who he fought? Evander has fought the best of his era beating most of the and being competetive with more world champions than any other heavyweight. You cant hold his reent losses against his legacy, thats unfair to what he has already accomplished which is,yes, greatness.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    So your only going by the numbers and not who he fought? Evander has fought the best of his era beating most of the and being competetive with more world champions than any other heavyweight. You cant hold his reent losses against his legacy, thats unfair to what he has already accomplished which is,yes, greatness.

I'm afraid that losing 2 out of 3 to Riddick Bowe, losing to Michael Moorer, losing to John Ruiz, losing to James Toney, losing to Larry Donald, losing to Chris Byrd, and losing to a few others while boasting a very unimpressive 24 win and 9 loss record DOES NOT constitute greatness.

Evander Holyfield's so called "legacy," is nothing more than a bunch of delusional fans making excuses for him, every time he loses a fight (which was/is far too often)

ICB Guest

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

What does it say about the following all time great heavyweights that beat this "legend?"

John Ruiz

Michael Moorer

Getting TKO'd by James Toney

Larry Donald

Chris Byrd

Sultan Ibragimov

In case you didn't notice................

That list (I omitted Riddick Bowe because I feel that he actually was an all time great heavyweight in his prime) isn't exactly a list of top heavyweights, yet they all managed to beat up on Holyfield.

Tyson was incredibly shot after his prison stint. People who actually follow the sport (not bandwagon jumpers like you) know this.

John Ruiz = 1-1-1 with Ruiz Holyfield was 38+

Michael Moorer = Had heart problems in first Moorer fight and injured his shoulder everyone knows this and he gave Moorer a beating in the rematch.

Getting TKO'd by James Toney = Holyfield was 40

Larry Donald = Holyfield was 42

Chris Byrd = Holyfield was 40

Sultan Ibragimov = Holyfield was 44

All of these losses were when Holyfield was past his prime this is just classic case of being old and past your prime except the Moorer loss but there was legit reason he lost and Moorer still only won by MD i don't see what this proves ?? all you have done is bring up losses when he was well past his prime this can happen to any great fighter.

ICB Guest

I'm afraid that losing 2 out of 3 to Riddick Bowe, losing to Michael Moorer, losing to John Ruiz, losing to James Toney, losing to Larry Donald, losing to Chris Byrd, and losing to a few others while boasting a very unimpressive 24 win and 9 loss record DOES NOT constitute greatness.

Evander Holyfield's so called "legacy," is nothing more than a bunch of delusional fans making excuses for him, every time he loses a fight (which was/is far too often)

This coming from a Judah fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p
    people who follow the sport would also know Holyfield was also past his prime and having heart problems in Moorer fight and had Heptias A in 3rd Bowe fight wasn't it ?? and looking garbage in these fights where as Tyson was KO everyone out in 3 rounds or less thats why out of 42 boxing experts only 1 had Holyfield winning because of the fact that Holyfield looked garbage and a shot fighter in his fights with Moorer and Bowe where as people were saying Tyson was back to his best because of his impressive KO's i love when people say Tyson was past his prime and forget the fact that Holyfield was older than Tyson and was also just as much past his prime as Tyson was.

Are you seriously trying to say that Holyfield was past his prime in 1994??

Tell me then, Owned....

What span was Holyfield's heavyweight "prime," that puts him up there with the all time great heavyweights??

That doesn't mean "Well if Holyfield didn't haveinsert medical condition/injury here he would have beaten insert name of fighter here"

When was his prime? and I'm not talking about cruiserweight Holyfield, we're talking about "All Time Great," heavyweight Holyfield.

Up until this point.... all you Holyfield fans seem to do is speculate who would have won these fights IF Holyfield didn't have whatever ailment that prevented him from winning these fights.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JFAT? shit holyfield was just a shell when he fought him...

look past the numbers... this isn't top trumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This coming from a Judah fan

Nobody is saying that Judah is an all time great.... yet

What's real funny is the part of my post that you extracted and put in bold applies directly to you. Then you do nothing more than rattle off excuses about the fights he would have won.

You did nothing more than validate that statement.

John Ruiz = 1-1-1 with Ruiz Holyfield was 38+

Michael Moorer = Had heart problems in first Moorer fight and injured his shoulder everyone knows this and he gave Moorer a beating in the rematch.

Getting TKO'd by James Toney = Holyfield was 40

Larry Donald = Holyfield was 42

Chris Byrd = Holyfield was 40

Sultan Ibragimov = Holyfield was 44

Thanks

I'll ask you again...............

During what span was Evander Holyfield an "all time great," among heavyweights?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

being an all time great doesn't work like that.

ICB Guest

24 wins
    2 draws

Wow! 24-9-2

Nope.

Hail Sultan!

p
    people who follow the sport would also know Holyfield was also past his prime and having heart problems in Moorer fight and had Heptias A in 3rd Bowe fight wasn't it ?? and looking garbage in these fights where as Tyson was KO everyone out in 3 rounds or less thats why out of 42 boxing experts only 1 had Holyfield winning because of the fact that Holyfield looked garbage and a shot fighter in his fights with Moorer and Bowe where as people were saying Tyson was back to his best because of his impressive KO's i love when people say Tyson was past his prime and forget the fact that Holyfield was older than Tyson and was also just as much past his prime as Tyson was.

Tell me then, Owned....

What span was Holyfield's heavyweight "prime," that puts him up there with the all time great heavyweights??

That doesn't mean "Well if Holyfield didn't haveinsert medical condition/injury here he would have beaten insert name of fighter here"

When was his prime? and I'm not talking about cruiserweight Holyfield, we're talking about "All Time Great," heavyweight Holyfield.

Up until this point.... all you Holyfield fans seem to do is speculate who would have won these fights IF Holyfield didn't have whatever ailment that prevented him from winning these fights.

Thats what everyone was saying plus there was legit reason he lost Moorer fight and everyone was saying he looked like shot fighter in Moorer fight.

I would say 1988 to 1993 was his prime but after that he had an up and down career and i wouldn't put him up there with all time great Heavyweights i have never said that but he is still a great fighter.

Its just common sense Holyfield was having bad problems with his heart and shoulder injury in 1st Moorer fight thats obvisious and Moorer still only won MD.

And as for 3rd Bowe fight both men didn't look that good at all Holyfield had hepitius A and was huffing and puffing like an old man only after 2 rounds there was something definetly wrong and Bowe just looked like beached whale Holyfield had Bowe gone in the 6th round but could not finish him because he didn't have energy because of his problem im not saying he could of won it but both men were just a shell of themselves in that fight thats all there is to it and Holyfield looked like shot fighter in 3rd Bowe fight thats why no one gave him a chance against Tyson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    being an all time great doesn't work like that.

An all-time great doesn't loses to so many B and C level fighters.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

again, you're not looking at the whole story... simply the record and the numbers.

Thread Information