Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predict the winner of these possible lightweight fights...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Predict the winner of these possible lightweight fights...

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I actually give Diaz some chance against most of the guys mentioned. Yes he's a step below the others but he's got a lot of heart and honestly it wouldn't suprise me if he shocked everyone by knocking out Katsidis and outworking Casamayor down the stretch.

He's a battler. I like him, far from the best fighter in the world but he gives 100% of what he has and sometimes hard work, determination, a decent punch, good beard and a little bit of luck can take you further than anyone thought possible.
    that actually wouldn't shock me that much

I'm kidding about him a bit although I still have a hard time forgetting how crappy he looked against Kendall Holt, granted that was a tough matchup for him, and for the first, what, 11 rounds of the Santa Cruz fight. Credit to him for finding a way to win that but I do think he's a pretty average guy.
    He's a limited guy for sure, but he's made the most of what he has and I can respect that. If he fought any of the other guys I'd probably root for him. Apart from not being as good as the others there's nothing really not to like about him. A good honest pro who keeps on battling even when the chips are down.

He seems to be one of the most unpopular fighters on this forum and it's a bit unfair imo.
    A lot of Morales fans were pissed that he got the decision which really wasn't his fault and that is a bit unfair. I guess I'm being hypocritical cause I have to admit I was annoyed with Taylor for getting questionable decisions.

I don't really like him or dislike him, just don't think he's on most of these guys level, well at least not Juan, Pac's or Casa's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All respect to David, but IMO, he doesn't belong in the same sentence as the other guys. I'd lean towards Juan winning. All the fights could go either way, but Juan seems to want it more at this time then Manny or Casa.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow man people over rate Juan to me as least i would pick Manny even though i do not like him and i think JMM could beat Juan Daiz to he is good fighter but i see nothing special about him maybe if he was not such a weak puncher i would give him a better edge but the guy has no power

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Juan Diaz- Joel Casamayor
    Juan Diaz- Manny Pacquiao
    Joel Casamayor- Manny Pacquiao
    Juan Diaz-David Diaz
    Manny Pacquiao- David Diaz
    Joel Casamayor-David Diaz
    Diaz MD
    Pac UD
    Pac SD
    Juan TKO
    Pac TKO
    Joel UD

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Wow man people over rate Juan to me as least i would pick Manny even though i do not like him and i think JMM could beat Juan Daiz to he is good fighter but i see nothing special about him maybe if he was not such a weak puncher i would give him a better edge but the guy has no power
    Juans certainly not a power pucher but hes an accumalitive pucher and that as you have seen can be just as lethal.
    With speed + volume + pressure it can get the job done. Will it work agains someone like Joel or Pac that is yet to be seen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Cut if i came off a bit of hater on that post i think he is good but he does not wow me but he is a good fighter i think it is a jump for people to think he could beat Hatton which i am sorry i doubt that big time i think Hatton knocks him out but beside the point he does not wow me if you get my drift but i have to give him his respect he is a tough fucker and i just do not care to much for him

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Cut if i came off a bit of hater on that post i think he is good but he does not wow me but he is a good fighter i think it is a jump for people to think he could beat Hatton which i am sorry i doubt that big time i think Hatton knocks him out but beside the point he does not wow me if you get my drift but i have to give him his respect he is a tough fucker and i just do not care to much for him
    Not at all Mr140 you didn't come off that way.
    I definetly understand and see where you and other prople come from with their opinions about Juan.

I started the thread about Juan vs. Hatton and I did that because I think it's a fight we might see in the next year or so to come. I really do, I think Juan fills out 140 just fine. You know whats gonna happen, Juans gonna catch Hatton on his way out already past his best something like a passing of the batton.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i know this is a big if but if he some how beats PBf he might stay at welter and i like him beat PBf but that a big if but i will root for him and Juan still a young he might pick power up when he grows into weight i forgot he was only 24 he still vey young but his style could make a sort career and make him look 40 when he is only 30 if you git my drift cut like alot of fighters who like to brawl

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i know this is a big if but if he some how beats PBf he might stay at welter and i like him beat PBf but that a big if but i will root for him and Juan still a young he might pick power up when he grows into weight i forgot he was only 24 he still vey young but his style could make a sort career and make him look 40 when he is only 30 if you git my drift cut like alot of fighters who like to brawl
    Right, that's what we discussed in that same thread about Hatton vs. Juan.....

Juan has 2 roads he can either continue to fight like this and be something special and get some great wins over Pac & Joel.
    or
    His flame can go out fast due to the way he fights, meaning his style will be his defeat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for your good points always fun to discuss boxing with you cut

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz- Joel Casamayor ; Diaz wins via decision

Juan Diaz- Manny Pacquiao ; Pacquaio wins (close fight) but a TKO in the last rounds is probable if Diaz goes to brawl Pacquaio.

Joel Casamayor- Manny Pacquiao ; PAcquaio via Decision but a hard fight for both of them. PAcquaio's speed will prevail

Juan Diaz-David Diaz ; Juan wins via KO. David is sluggish

Manny Pacquiao- David Diaz; Pacquaio by KO in the 7th round

Joel Casamayor-David Diaz; Joel by KO in the 10th round

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz UD <- Joel Casamayor
    Juan Diaz -> Manny Pacquiao TKO
    Joel Casamayor -> Manny Pacquiao UD
    Juan Diaz TKO <- David Diaz
    Manny Pacquiao KO <- David Diaz
    Joel Casamayor TKO <- David Diaz

These assumptions are based largely on PAC looking as
    good at 135 as he does at 130, and that Casamayor
    doesn't get a case of ring rust, those are the two
    variables that have to be established before I could make
    any 100% predictions.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz- Joel Casamayor ( Juan Diaz UD. Too much pressure from Juan for Joel to handle. )

Juan Diaz- Manny Pacquiao (Draw. Two pressure fighters who can go full force for twelve rounds and have great heart. Too Hard to pick a winner. )

Joel Casamayor- Manny Pacquiao ( Manny Pacquiao UD. Too much pressure from Pacquiao for Joel to handle. )

Juan Diaz-David Diaz (Juan Diaz UD. Pressure would be too much for him. Just watching the fight you could tell he didn't want no part of Juan. )

Manny Pacquiao- David Diaz ( Manny Pacquiao UD. David Diaz barely got past an aged Erik Morales, how in the world is he going to handle a prime PacMan.)

Joel Casamayor-David Diaz (Joel Casamayor UD. This would be an ugly fight, but I think Joel would pull it out. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Diaz- Joel Casamayor: Juan (UD)
    Juan Diaz- Manny Pacquiao: Manny (TKO)
    Joel Casamayor- Manny Pacquiao: Manny (UD)
    Juan Diaz-David Diaz: Juan (TKO)
    Manny Pacquiao- David Diaz: Manny (TKO)
    Joel Casamayor-David Diaz: Joel (UD)
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Thread Information