Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
You know although I definitely have ideas about where each ranks on a p4p basis and would rate most of the champions forever guys higher, although Holmes would be in in place of Norton, if two of either era met in the rank, man I really don't know who would win.

Ali is the best heavyweight ever no question, but faced with Lennox Lewis, who was almost as skilful a boxer than him with the advantage of size and a longer jab I really don't know who would win.

Lennox's only defeat came when he was underprepared against non threats and was caught with a punch, a la Ali Cooper. He didn't have the chin that Ali had though, but like Ali against genuine opposition, Tyson, Holyfield, Ruddock, Tucker and early in his career against Gary Mason for example, in the big important fights he excelled.

Against Ali he would have been in the best condition mentally and physically of his life and so his two losses to weak opposition would be irrelevent.

It would be a pick'em fight, and maybe I'd lean towards Lewis even.

Likewise Hoylfield in his best would have taken Ali to the very brink, although I think Formean would overpower him.

I think Ali would have done a highlight reel job on Mike Tyson though, whilst I'd imagine Tyson would tear Norton apart and dimsantle Frazier.

Him and Foreman, I'd go with Big George.

George is one my top 4 heavies of all time but the young George I believe would have been taken apart by Lennox Lewis, although he'd have been too strong for Holyfield.

For the record Norton for me loses to Lewis and Tyson by KO. Him and Holyfield is a war though.
Ali beats them all but not in convincing fashion for all of them. Ali-tyson is a win for ali but its done late in the fight by either stoppage or very lopsided scoring after the second half of the fight as the first half is very close. Ali would struggle with holyfield for the same reason he did doug jones (smaller guy from virtually a lower weight class). Ali beats lewis in a close fight simply because ali has the edge in speed and stamina while lewis probably has power stacked in his favor. Ali beats bowe, not onesided but convincingly enough.