Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: << Your boy CutMeMick needs help >>

you can have both. I have IE and Firefox at the same time. No need to uninstall IE.

the spyware thing could also be true. scan your computer for spyware.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    So many suggestions to what should be a simple solution.

A lot of the information is good basic solutions.

Yes try another browser. Opera or Firefox are great alternatives to Internet Explorer.
    I am assuming you are using windows XP with a service pack 2 on Internet Explorer 7?
    I am guessing judging by what bilbo was saying.

Those RED X's you are talking about, are a Internet Explorer browser overflow handler that totaly sucks azz. I have not used Internet Explorer in years. Although version 7 is good or should I say better than IE6.

The cookies are the first thing to check. Even though you have cookies enabled, your cookie setting might be too high? Try lowering it.
    Not sure if Java and Active X affect Yahoo or not but I believe they do and should be enabled in order for you to be able to access yahoo mail.
    When I use to have system restore on my pc, and something would break, as a last resort, I would do a system restore to a time I know I was able to use something that suddenly stopped working. I don't have system restore anymore so I fix everything I break or might phuk up. lol.

I would try a different browser first. It's no big deal, it's just like having more than one car. All browsers basicly behave the same. I some times have 5 or 6 browsers installed for testing purposes.

Question, when you go to yahoo mail, are you getting any warinings/error messeges? Look for them.

I don't know what else to tell you right now as everyone here has already tried to pitch in as they feel they could.

PS. I just saw that bilbo posted some info about Yahoo working on their servers and that they are phuking with the beta accounts or some shiet. I don't and wont use the beta version of yahoo mail. It sucks. Maybe you are using the beta version of yahoo's mail service? I am using the original yahoo mail and I wont switch to their new service until it's final and it looks as though they are moving in that direction.

I do however notice you said you can access the mail from on pc but not from another? That would nullify the above statement and again leads me to believe something is not set right on your pc and or something has been corrupted both are very strong possibles.
    Thanks Danny_G

I know it's my notebook cause I can access it from a PC at work.
    I'm gonna try several things including the cookies deal and setting it lower.

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    you can have both. I have IE and Firefox at the same time. No need to uninstall IE.

the spyware thing could also be true. scan your computer for spyware.
    I did scan it for Spyware I also have Norton Anti Virus that runs a scan every Friday and nothings come up on it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I downloaded FireFox as some of you instructed and I still couldn't open my yahoo e-mail.

A friend told me that I needed to do a back up on it. He told me to:

Restart notebook
    Push F5
    Push F8
    Choose 'Safe Mode With Networking'
    Click on 'No' on the desktop message
    Choose a date from the calendar of the LAST day that I remember it working properly

Does anyone know if this is a good idea?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you have the program to restore your computer? It's easier to restore your computer to an earlier period.

Follow these instructions:

Go to control panel, click on performance and maintenance (you should be in category view not in classic view), click restore (found in your left panel), then select the radio button "restore my computer to an earlier time", then click on next.... and so on.

If you still have a problem, I suggest you use Hijack Scanner by BulletProofSoft.com, they have a free edition program.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    do you have the program to restore your computer? It's easier to restore your computer to an earlier period.

Follow these instructions:

Go to control panel, click on performance and maintenance (you should be in category view not in classic view), click restore (found in your left panel), then select the radio button "restore my computer to an earlier time", then click on next.... and so on.

If you still have a problem, I suggest you use Hijack Scanner by BulletProofSoft.com, they have a free edition program.
    Another friend told me to do just that.

Thanks brucelee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is your laptop going ok yet? Found this for you hope it helps. If it doesn't PM me and I might be able to help with more specific info from you about your laptop. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I'm having trouble with my notebook.

I can't open my e-mails on my yahoo account.

I log on and then go to "Inbox" but once I click on a e-mail it'll stall there like it's doing something but it won't open.
    I only have this problem when doing that on yahoo.

Then I was on Puyas thread where apparently he posted some picture IN his post but all I see is small boxes with a red X on them.

I asked a friend of mine about the e-mail issue he said that I needed to go to my add/remove programs and find javascripts that are there and run all and any javascripts that I had he said something about sometimes having updates of certain programs that never actually or get updated and that he's done that before.
    Well I took my a** to add/remove and to my dismay theres a couple of javascripts there now I don't know if what he's saying is true or not cause what if I start running programs and updating all kinds of stuff...

Anyone have any idea on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Whoa hold on there a second Mick...First of all who said anything about you being anyones Boy

Just kidding ya mate CC...

I had a problem like that once...not a single thing in yahoo would open....

this is how I fixed it for me...can't say that is what will work for yours but can't hurt?

do a disc clean up...after the disc clean up go to your network and internet connections in the control panel, click on internet options at the bottom,,,,in your browsing history click delete,,,a pop up will show saying delete browsing history...click delete all on the bottom...this wioll clear out cookies and all....but does not remove anything serious...after that do a disc defragment,,,,then reboot......

has worked for me several times.,...if you have done all this then i am an idiot and ignore me
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    I'm having trouble with my notebook.

I can't open my e-mails on my yahoo account.

I log on and then go to "Inbox" but once I click on a e-mail it'll stall there like it's doing something but it won't open.
    I only have this problem when doing that on yahoo.

Then I was on Puyas thread where apparently he posted some picture IN his post but all I see is small boxes with a red X on them.

I asked a friend of mine about the e-mail issue he said that I needed to go to my add/remove programs and find javascripts that are there and run all and any javascripts that I had he said something about sometimes having updates of certain programs that never actually or get updated and that he's done that before.
    Well I took my a** to add/remove and to my dismay theres a couple of javascripts there now I don't know if what he's saying is true or not cause what if I start running programs and updating all kinds of stuff...

Anyone have any idea on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Whoa hold on there a second Mick...First of all who said anything about you being anyones Boy

Just kidding ya mate CC...

I had a problem like that once...not a single thing in yahoo would open....

this is how I fixed it for me...can't say that is what will work for yours but can't hurt?

do a disc clean up...after the disc clean up go to your network and internet connections in the control panel, click on internet options at the bottom,,,,in your browsing history click delete,,,a pop up will show saying delete browsing history...click delete all on the bottom...this wioll clear out cookies and all....but does not remove anything serious...after that do a disc defragment,,,,then reboot......

has worked for me several times.,...if you have done all this then i am an idiot and ignore me
    CC#684.....

Thanks Daxx will certainly give it a shot.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

never used yahoo email and the first thing that came to mind is using a email program to download your emails to your computer without going to yahoo so i just had a quick search to see if it can accessed vis outlook express and it can if its a paid account but if its a free account it can't

but i just googled this for you and it works with free yahoo email accounts...

http://ypopsemail.com/

but be aware i have not tested this link and only discovered it 3 minutes ago... as its your birthday mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy B Day Mick ! I have tossed many a computer across the room because of glitch or virus.. might need to firestorm the HD.. best of luck !

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    never used yahoo email and the first thing that came to mind is using a email program to download your emails to your computer without going to yahoo so i just had a quick search to see if it can accessed vis outlook express and it can if its a paid account but if its a free account it can't

but i just googled this for you and it works with free yahoo email accounts...

http://ypopsemail.com/

but be aware i have not tested this link and only discovered it 3 minutes ago... as its your birthday mate
    Thanks boss will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Happy B Day Mick ! I have tossed many a computer across the room because of glitch or virus.. might need to firestorm the HD.. best of luck !
    I've been very close to tossing this thing across the room.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I should change my 'Flux Capacitor'

I need to go buy one at my local PC World and ask them if they have any with the 'Go ready stripes' on it.

LOL, Sorry ta here that.. I still can't get my 2,000 songs from my old lab-top transfered to my new comp, I'm not about to burn and rip almost 1,700 of non purchased songs
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information