Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sergio Mora 11th ranked middleweight?!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sergio Mora 11th ranked middleweight?!!

Just checking boxrec and they have Sergio Mora listed as the 11th ranked middleweight of the world. Is it just me or is that pretty high. Who has Mora beat to justify that ranking? I mean he hasn't even been in a title fight yet and he is on the verge of cracking into the Top 10. Further more he wasn't listed as of yesterday, so a draw with Elvin Ayala got him all the way to number 11. And if thats the case how come Ayala's ranking didn't move up at all?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Mora 11th ranked middleweight?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swice
    Just checking boxrec and they have Sergio Mora listed as the 11th ranked middleweight of the world. Is it just me or is that pretty high. Who has Mora beat to justify that ranking? I mean he hasn't even been in a title fight yet and he is on the verge of cracking into the Top 10. Further more he wasn't listed as of yesterday, so a draw with Elvin Ayala got him all the way to number 11. And if thats the case how come Ayala's ranking didn't move up at all?
    Use BoxRec as 1 of a couple of sources but DON'T use it as your 1 and only source.
    BoxRec has some good info. and has a good calendar/schedule with additional info. But all of the stuff that's on there remember it's not 100% accurate.
    Also their ratings are computerized or something like that....

Dont' sweat it at one point they had Naseem at #1 in the all time Featherweights ranking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I've come close to starting a post about this a couple of times, but figured everybody must take their rankings with a grain of salt. They also have Cory Spinks as #2 for instance, even with losing his last fight and 2 of his last 4.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk
    Yeah, I've come close to starting a post about this a couple of times, but figured everybody must take their rankings with a grain of salt. They also have Cory Spinks as #2 for instance, even with losing his last fight and 2 of his last 4.
    Well Zabs 1-3 with 1 NC and somehow hes still ranked in the top 10 Welters just recently they dropped him to 11 but he was in the top 10 up until just recently. But other fighters who loose 1 fight they'll drop the shit out of them into the 2nd pg.

I think Moras somewhere around 25 - 30.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

11th !!! and he got a draw.... I imagine if he would have won BoxRec would have put him at #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least they got it right with the lightweights, they have Zahir Raheem at #2! I just can't wait to see him again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems the world is trying to force us to like him wheather we want to or not.....hell one judge had the fight 99-91 for mora last night. Even if i didn't watch the fight i could have gotten a more reasonable score than that..
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Well Zabs 1-3 with 1 NC and somehow hes still ranked in the top 10 Welters just recently they dropped him to 11 but he was in the top 10 up until just recently. But other fighters who loose 1 fight they'll drop the S*** out of them into the 2nd pg.

He's higher than that Mick. He has wins over Manfredo and I:she Smith even if they were on the Contender. Archek Turmeliksetian was quite highly ranked when they ranked and had been in with Sechew Powell and Lorenzo both top 10 prospects for sure in his previous two fights. Eric Regan was coming off a win over Yory Boy Campas.

His quality of opposition is no worse than Kelly Pavliks was up until two fights ago and people are noe putting him on their p4p lists.

I'd say a position of around 10-15 is pretty accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Well Zabs 1-3 with 1 NC and somehow hes still ranked in the top 10 Welters just recently they dropped him to 11 but he was in the top 10 up until just recently. But other fighters who loose 1 fight they'll drop the S*** out of them into the 2nd pg.

He's higher than that Mick. He has wins over Manfredo and I:she Smith even if they were on the Contender. Archek Turmeliksetian was quite highly ranked when they ranked and had been in with Sechew Powell and Lorenzo both top 10 prospects for sure in his previous two fights. Eric Regan was coming off a win over Yory Boy Campas.

His quality of opposition is no worse than Kelly Pavliks was up until two fights ago and people are noe putting him on their p4p lists.

I'm curious to see your Top 10 middleweight rankings. Because there is a lot of guys I would rank higher than Mora and I'm curious to see who you would leave out to put him in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm curious to see your Top 10 middleweight rankings. Because there is a lot of guys I would rank higher than Mora and I'm curious to see who you would leave out to put him in.
    Ok let me see.

1.Pavlik
    2.Abraham
    3.Winky
    4.Taylor (almost certainly moving up to 168 lbs though now.
    5. Sturm
    6. Castillejo

After that the field is wide open. I don't count Miranda anymore seeing as he's moved up and is fighting in a couple weeks at 168 lbs.

The Ring has fighters like Wayne Elcock 18-2 at number 10, a barely known British fighter who got a suprise win over a shot Howard Eastman last month.

The rest of their top 10 consists of Sebastian Slyvester 26-2, Amin Asikainen 22-1 and Mariano Carrera 31-4

My question is who else would you put in the top 10 who isn't there that has done more than Sergio Mora, bearing in mind he's still unbeaten and has 2 wins over Peter Manfredo who has challenged for a world title and a win over Ishe Smith who is clearly a fringe world class fighter with wins over David Estrada and Randall Bailey and a controversial loss to Sechew Powell?

Like I say I reckon number 11 is about right for Mora, and certainly CutMeMick's estimation of 25-30 out of the current middleweights is rediculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

11th !!! and he got a draw.... I imagine if he would have won BoxRec would have put him at #1.
    He's not joking either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are the Mora/Gomez fights worth watching??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Are the Mora/Gomez fights worth watching??
    The Mora fights worth watching just to see the end when Mora runs out of the ring like a cry baby

I thought the Gomez fight was a good little scrap.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander dropped like 30 down the list after losing decision to Sultan, but Briggs lost just as bad but was still in the top 15 a month after that fight. Holys at 70 And good old Johnnys at 10
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok let me see.

1.Pavlik
    2.Abraham
    3.Winky
    4.Taylor (almost certainly moving up to 168 lbs though now.
    5. Sturm
    6. Castillejo

After that the field is wide open. I don't count Miranda anymore seeing as he's moved up and is fighting in a couple weeks at 168 lbs.

The Ring has fighters like Wayne Elcock 18-2 at number 10, a barely known British fighter who got a suprise win over a shot Howard Eastman last month.

The rest of their top 10 consists of Sebastian Slyvester 26-2, Amin Asikainen 22-1 and Mariano Carrera 31-4

My question is who else would you put in the top 10 who isn't there that has done more than Sergio Mora, bearing in mind he's still unbeaten and has 2 wins over Peter Manfredo who has challenged for a world title and a win over Ishe Smith who is clearly a fringe world class fighter with wins over David Estrada and Randall Bailey and a controversial loss to Sechew Powell?

Like I say I reckon number 11 is about right for Mora, and certainly CutMeMick's estimation of 25-30 out of the current middleweights is rediculous.
    Duddy?
    Ouma?

I'm struggling for names...

Thread Information