Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Johanneson v Michael Gomez - British Super Featherweight title - 9pm UK

I know for a fact these two use to spar quite a bit, and Gomez dominated him nearly all the time.

But that was at least two/three years ago, i would of likes Gomez to have one more fight before taking this as Carl has been fighting at a better level.

But lads i know say Gomez is in tremendous shape and is focused 100%. I take Gomez 6th rund ko.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Johanneson never says funk all and Gomez is a bit of a loon but judging by their demeanor there's only one winner... and it's not the quiet guy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just posted a thread on UK Boxing...Carl has been sparring with Gary Reid who comes forward winging hooks like Gomez..not saying he hits like Gomez.

Should be a good fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it 9 pm there now?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Is it 9 pm there now?
    Yup, eyes down look in folks, cause the build-up to the fight is taking place right now. I'm thinking we have Fewkes v Reid first...and then the main event on later, but as I'm here anyway, I'll send you a RBR on this one too.

These guys are fighting out of lightweight, and although Fewkes is 15-0, with only 2 knockouts however. Gary Reid last lost out against AJose Olusegun for the commonwealth title, but has been up against a lot of tough opponents. Fight time here is up next, over 8 rounds.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 1:

Reid taking the centre of the ring straight away, with long jabs, and looks to get inside the taller Fewkes' guard with some good hooks to the body straight away. Reid closing the ring down, and Fewkes seems at a loss what to do here. Fewkes throws a couple of jabs, but Reid pressures with more body shots, and Fewkes has been cut over his nose. Reid looking really powerful in there, and Fewkes looks to be in trouble. Fewkes starting to establish his jab, but that blood from the top of his nose is going all over his face. Reid charges forward with a couple of body shots. Fewkes looking to prowl around now, and looking to jab. Reid lunges and misses as Fewkes taunts him in.

Reid claims that round.
    10-9

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Reid again gets Fewkes on the ropes, with three hard body shots, but takes a short hook from Fewkes in return. Fewkes looking to box a bit and open up that jab. Reid comes in with a short body shot, and an uppercut/hook that lands. Fewkes warned for pushing Reid down inside the clinch. Fewkes lands a few jabs as Reid ploughs forward. Reid does well with two jabs and a shot up top. Fewkes still on the prowl, and is making Reid miss a little, but is still not going forward enough. Fewkes with a jab but takes another Reid body shop in return. Reid with a couple more body shots.

Although Fewkes looks the classier, he just isn't doing enough to outscore the charging flurries of Reid
    20-18

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3:

Cagey opening here. Reid gets a body shot off on the counter, as Fewkes missed with a jab. Fewkes puts in a jab to the body and one upstairs. Reid not as actuve in this round. Fewkes with a nice overhand right. Fewkes is pinging a few body shots in, but nothing behind them. Reid with a body shot, a hook upstairs and a hook. Fewkes with a bit of showboating, but he's not throwing enough for me still. Fewkes with a couple of jabs, and a body shot.

I'm not sure if the commentators are watching the same fight as me, as they have Fewkes way ahead.

Tied for me. 30-28 Reid.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4:

Reid lands the second of a double jab at the opener. Two hard body shots, and he's pushing Fewkes back again. A couple more body shots. Nice jab from Reid as Fewkes swings and misses an uppercut. Fewkes finds the guard with two hooks then pings in two nicer body shots. Reidwith a couple of body shots, and Fewkes is warned for a second time for pushing Reid's head down in the clinch. Fewkes is only landing a few jabs so far. Nice right left from Reid and Fewkes starts to ping out the jab. Good move from Fewkes as he ducks under a hook, then swings one of his own, as Reid is off-balance. Reid with another decent jab, and Fewkes looks to move. Reid with a couple of hooks to the bdoy again.

For me, Reid's workrate is superior again.
    40-37

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5:

Good pair of body shots from Reid. Fewkes with a jab, and a couple of short shots. Fewkes is spoken to again by the ref. Fewkes with a jab, but gets caught by a left hook from Reid. Left hook from Fewkes, and then three right hooks in the clinch. They trade simultaneous right hands. Reid starting to look a little tired in there now. Another Fewkes straight right, and he does seem to be stepping up the effort this round. Body shot, then a nice right as Reid looks to close the distance. Reid swinging and missing again.

Fewkes's first for me.
    49-47

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6:

Reid opening well in this round, with a couple of nice swings. But Fewkes is returning with a nice jab hook to the body combo. Fewkes with a jab, and clinches as Reid comes in. Nice left hook from Fewkes as Reid comes in. Reid with a jab and a body shot, and Fewkes again holding Reid down in the clinch. Fewkes is picking his shots well, but Reid goes big to the body with three big right hooks and a left. Fewkes with two good jabs and a body shot, and then gets out as Reid again swings and misses. Fair jab - straight combo from Fewkes.

Fewkes edges this one, but only just, good effort from Reid.
    58-57

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7:

BNice left hook from Fewkes. He's really got his boots on this round, and is picking his punches whilst Reid swings and misses. Fewkes with a good jab and straight right. This is more the form that won him Young Fighter of the Year. Uppercut from Fewkes, and Reid is getting frustrated. Reid does land a right hand. But a good jab and right hook from Fewkes. Good right hand from Reid after a Fewkes flurry. Reid lands a left hook, but Fewkes had already landed to the body. His countering style is coming into its own as Reid tires.

Fewkes' again.
    68-68 On my card the last round's the winner.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 8:

Fewkes lands a jab, but Fewkes is on the run again, and Reid swinging and missing. Reid gets him in the corner, with two body shots, and a hook up top. Fewkes again warned by the ref. Reid lands a body shot. Fewkes seems to be on the run. Reid with another body shot then they clinch. Fewkes lands a jab, but Reid ducks, and lands two body shot. Good right straight pierces Fewkes' guard. Body shot and right hook from Reid. Fewkes switched off this round. Fewkes with a body shot of his own. Lands a jab, but gets caught with a Reid right hand. Reid with a big finish, three hooks to the body. Fewkes with a left jab, but gets another body shot.

Reid's round for me, and his fight for me, but Fewkes is the winner on the ref's card. Fewkes looke the beaten man, with a cut on the top oif hi nose, and under the right eye.

Ref's score 77-75 for Fewkes. Mine read 78-77 for Reid.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Rhun, sounds like a decent fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information