Ok folks, another Friday and it's another of your favourite British Title RBR's, courtesy of me, your host for the evenings fun and frolicks.

Defending his British title will be Carl Johanneson at the Doncaster Dome, up against combacking former WBU titlist Michael Gomez. Here's my analysis of these guys:

Carl Johanneson (26-3, 18 KOs) is the big punching quiet man from Leeds, but is coming into this fight off a devastating defeat in his challenge for the European title against Leva Kirakosyan, where he showed significant bravery in the face of incessant clubbing blows which all seemed to find the target, getting up a number of times before it finished in the fourth round. The big question is whether Johanneson can return from that defeat in the right frame of mind, and whether he can rekindle his string of 8 wins (7KOs) before the Kirakosyan bout, which brought him the title. His power has been the main attribute in helping bring him to the top of the British ladder, but in beating Ricky Burns over 12 rounds, he also showed he's got the stamina to go the distance if that is what is required.

Michael Gomez (34-7, 24 KOs) is only a year older than Johanneson, and is a former British champion who vacated his title, and also holds wins over Alex Arthur, and Johanneson's nemesis Kirakosyan. This comeback phase in his career has seen him claim two wins in May and June over journeymen, but we are still to see how he will face up to a real challenge, since his defeats to Javier Alvarez in February 2005 and the infamous quitting against Peter McDonagh in January 2006. Gomez also packs a fair punch, but I have absolutely no idea which Gomez will turn up to the fight....

I'm backing Johanneson to win this one, who is already pencilled in to face Kevin Mitchell in December if he can overcome Gomez on Friday night. Elsewhere on the bill we have the comeback of Jason Booth, after his defeat against the mighty midget Ian Napa, John Fewkes in his toughest fight so far against Gary Reid.

The show starts at 10pm UK time or 5pm EST, you bring the beers.