Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I was reading about Andre Berto.........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I was reading about Andre Berto.........

I was at work I believe and I came across a magazine i think it was either GQ or Details that had an article on Damon Dash former CEO/business partner of Jay-Z's Rockafella Records and the article listed all these new crazy business ventures and investments that Damon is involved with and one of them that really caught my eye was that the article stated that Damon "financially backs" fighter Andre Berto!

It didnt go into any more detail besides that, but i found it rather interesting. Has anyone else heard more about this? or any other interesting financial backings of fighters from celebrities?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I was reading about Andre Berto.........

That's interesting. I wonder how deeply involved he is..I guess Dame Dash see's Berto as a good future investment. Smart man. Although him producing for Victoria Beckhams 'comeback' was probably one of his less smart moments lol. Then again i'm sure producers get paid set fee's so he was probably laughing his arse off to the bank as she flopped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    That's interesting. I wonder how deeply involved he is..I guess Dame Dash see's Berto as a good future investment. Smart man. Although him producing for Victoria Beckhams 'comeback' was probably one of his less smart moments lol. Then again i'm sure producers get paid set fee's so he was probably laughing his a*** off to the bank as she flopped!
    aahhaa yeah and whats up with him living in the UK right now? i remember seeing him on cribs and his cribs in the UK?

yeah i guess he feels he can make a crapload of $$$ off of a long exciting career of BERTO?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID TUA
    That's interesting. I wonder how deeply involved he is..I guess Dame Dash see's Berto as a good future investment. Smart man. Although him producing for Victoria Beckhams 'comeback' was probably one of his less smart moments lol. Then again i'm sure producers get paid set fee's so he was probably laughing his a*** off to the bank as she flopped!
    aahhaa yeah and whats up with him living in the UK right now? i remember seeing him on cribs and his cribs in the UK?

yeah i guess he feels he can make a crapload of $$$ off of a long exciting career of BERTO?
    Haha yeah he came across as such a prick when he was on cribs over here (round about the time Victoria was making her comeback with him). I didn't think that was his house though..I thought that was his hotel? Unless there has been another cribs with him in it. I just remember him thinking he was the nuts because he had these OBVIOUS rent-a-chick hunnies in his hotel and he was ordering them around as if we were to believe any self-respecting chick would take that. ''When you guys leave these girls are going to be feeding me fruit like ceasar!!'' haha did make me laugh, If i tried that on my girl i'd probably get a slap..hmm unless maybe it was my birthday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID TUA

Haha yeah he came across as such a prick when he was on cribs over here (round about the time Victoria was making her comeback with him). I didn't think that was his house though..I thought that was his hotel? Unless there has been another cribs with him in it. I just remember him thinking he was the nuts because he had these OBVIOUS rent-a-chick hunnies in his hotel and he was ordering them around as if we were to believe any self-respecting chick would take that. ''When you guys leave these girls are going to be feeding me fruit like ceasar!!'' haha did make me laugh, If i tried that on my girl i'd probably get a slap..hmm unless maybe it was my birthday
    ahaha i dont remember that, but thats funny lol.

i do remember i think it was like mick jaggers daughter or some famous rock star legends daughter "RANDOMLY" dropping by while hes filming cribs lol yeah right talk about staged lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it's just Damon Dash. He been backing him for a while now. I heard Damon Dash talk about this a long time. If you watched Berto's last fight Dash was there with him. He was yelling and jumping and everything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto is the next big thing i think he just needs so more time and he will be worth the money

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And does anyone know how long that he has been backing Berto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And why we are on the Berto subject does any one know if he is going to fight Cintron or not because he won the elimanator thing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC to any one that can actual give me the information if he is going to fight him because he did win the elminator

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And i think he would beat Cintron but i would like him to fight Zab or someone that is a good test not great but a good fighter Zab is still good and will be a good test he is a gate keeper but still a good test for a guy who is still a bit green like Berto and those are my toughts cc to anyone with info

Thread Information