Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I met Roberto Duran

In Sunderland UK.

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I met Roberto Duran

Cool Deal....How did you run into him? or was it at an event?.....

Consider yourself lucky...Running in to Duran in the UK is something rare
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Not if you're driving a car it's not rare; people run into people all the time in the U.K. Sorry, bad humor Mr. Khan, I couldn't resist.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Not if you're driving a car it's not rare; people run into people all the time Sorry, bad humor Mr. Khan, I couldn't resist.

LOL CC#98.......It was a bad joke... but one of those that make someone think for a sec and ask "Did he just say what I thought he did?"....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an "audinece with the one and only Roberto Duran" I bought a ticket, and I'm proud to say i shuck hands with the "hands of stone", and I'm not joking, he's 56 years old and might have put on a few pounds, but he's still "solid", It's really amazing, because someone, while having a ciggerette, said there are very few sportsmen or anyone, that at the age of 50+ could go to another continent , where he doesn't even speak the language and attract a crowd as big as this, that is what you call a LEGEND!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77
    In Sunderland UK.

Just thought I would share this with everyone.
    Heres CC#29 on me...

Damn! consider yourself very lucky.

I hope to one day meet Roberto and I'd like for him to autograph this really cool picture of him that I have when he was a lightweight.
    I just gotta keep my eyes and ears open and stay on things and I know I'll meet him.

Good deal man and thanks for sharing the news.
    Did you take any pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an "audinece with the one and only Roberto Duran" I bought a ticket, and I'm proud to say i shuck hands with the "hands of stone", and I'm not joking, he's 56 years old and might have put on a few pounds, but he's still "solid", It's really amazing, because someone, while having a ciggerette, said there are very few sportsmen or anyone, that at the age of 50+ could go to another continent , where he doesn't even speak the language and attract a crowd as big as this, that is what you call a LEGEND!
    I shuck Joe Strummers hand (hes not a boxer but hes still a legend) outside the royal court in liverpool, he came up to me shook my hand. top man.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My brother met him at a similar event and (last Christmas) gace me the autographed programme from the event. Great present. He said Duran was a nice guy, his English wasn't great, but that he still remained a guy who you would not want to mess around with.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually jealous.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was lucky to meet Duran at the Barrios-Anchondo fight in Miami. I mustered up the courage to ask him for an autograph, and he brushed me off saying he didnt have time. He walked about 5 steps and these two attractive girls, stopped and asked for a photo, which he did and asked for an autograph, which he obliged. It hurt me that he did that, as I am a HUGE fan of his, have nearly 70 of his fights (some ultra rare gems that it took lots of time and money to track down) and to finally get the opportunity to meet him and get left down. I guess I cant blame him, the girls were attractive, but it sucked, since I dont know when I'll ever get another opportunity to meet one of the greatest fighters who ever lived again. I'm still a fan, and I'm not bashing him by any means. He may have not been in a great mood or something. Just wanted to contribute to the thread with my experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm
    I was lucky to meet Duran at the Barrios-Anchondo fight in Miami. I mustered up the courage to ask him for an autograph, and he brushed me off saying he didnt have time. He walked about 5 steps and these two attractive girls, stopped and asked for a photo, which he did and asked for an autograph, which he obliged. It hurt me that he did that, as I am a HUGE fan of his, have nearly 70 of his fights (some ultra rare gems that it took lots of time and money to track down) and to finally get the opportunity to meet him and get left down. I guess I cant blame him, the girls were attractive, but it sucked, since I dont know when I'll ever get another opportunity to meet one of the greatest fighters who ever lived again. I'm still a fan, and I'm not bashing him by any means. He may have not been in a great mood or something. Just wanted to contribute to the thread with my experience.
    Man that sucks Phantasm, better luck next time. Wear a wig and dress next time, maybe he'll be nicer Just kidding bro'.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC#1 on me Phantasm and Welcome to Casa De Saddo by far the best boxing site on the planet.

This past weekend when I was at the WBHFame out here in L.A. people talked about how when Duran was there last year he also turned down a lot of people with autographs and pictures. Your not bashing him like you said your just sharing your experience with us and they can't all be pleasent.

Hope to see you around here posting.

Man that sucks Phantasm, better luck next time. Wear a wig and dress next time, maybe he'll be nicer Just kidding bro'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    CC#1 on me Phantasm and Welcome to Casa De Saddo by far the best boxing site on the planet.

This past weekend when I was at the WBHFame out here in L.A. people talked about how when Duran was there last year he also turned down a lot of people with autographs and pictures. Your not bashing him like you said your just sharing your experience with us and they can't all be pleasent.

Thank you! Been a member for a loooong time, but didnt contribute much. Will do so this time around, though.

lol..I doubt I'd look as good as them in a dress and wig; they had much better looking legs than me. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Thank you! Been a member for a loooong time, but didnt contribute much. Will do so this time around, though.

lol..I doubt I'd look as good as them in a dress and wig; they had much better looking legs than me. :P
    I'm sure after all the wars Duran was in he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You could always call De La Hoya for tips
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    I shuck Joe Strummers hand (hes not a boxer but hes still a legend) outside the royal court in liverpool, he came up to me shook my hand. top man.
    Most definitly a legend

Thread Information