Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is there anyone out there to give Mayweather a good boxing match

There are a lot of guys who will give Mayweather a good FIGHT Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Oscar II, Mosley, but is there anyone who will actually try to box with him out there? Robinson never had that great boxer to go against, and I wish he had, I think MAyweather is in the same boat, except he doesn't have the power, and he isn't great against southpaws, and Spinks is the only person who I could see being able to box him. I love Leonard-Hearns, Leonard-Benitez because it showed boxer against boxer, and I liked Roy JOnes jr-Hopkins as premature as they were. I hope that Mosley would box Mayweather, but I think he would resort to trying to overwhelm Mayweather with punches. Maybe I am being silly, but it seems like every fight from Hatton to Cotto to Margarito will look the same because they all fight the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is there anyone out there to give Mayweather a good boxing match

Right now I think Paul Williams comes to mind as far as boxing. Maybe Cintron or Berto if they ever got a shot at Floyd, though I think Berto would probably end up trying to maul Floyd after a few rounds.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO if Winky stayed at 154 it would have been a great boxing match...Not for the fans of KO's but a great fight for purist...

I will get SC'd for this but IMO Spinks has a great chance of beating him if he came in top shape.....

At worst he would give Floyd fits
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly...I have to say no.

Floyd's output is what I think everyone will have issues with.

The only person that I think could give Floyd severe issues is the person that I think will defeat Cotto in November...& that's the only person that's fighting him:

SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY!!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one fighter who would of gave Mayweather a great fight was Joel Casamayor at 130. It's a shame that fight never happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    The one fighter who would of gave Mayweather a great fight was Joel Casamayor at 130. It's a shame that fight never happened.
    Hell yeah that would have been a great fight....Floyd would also not be undefeated right now if it did come off
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vernon Forrest and Shane Mosley spring to mind. Judah did pretty well too at times. Spinks is a fair shout, but I think Mayweather's speed would pose huge problems.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't feel it.

Maybe if it was a match of elbows & headbutts...but that'd be the only way Casa would come out on top.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I just don't feel it.

Maybe if it was a match of elbows & headbutts...but that'd be the only way Casa would come out on top.
    Casamayor is very slick and crafty as a southpaw, but I tend to agree with Wack, imagine it was the ams I think he'd struggle with Floyd.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I just don't feel it.

Casamayor is very slick and crafty as a southpaw, but I tend to agree with Wack, imagine it was the ams I think he'd struggle with Floyd.
    Agreed. Then or now...I just don't see what everyone else does in Casa...& I sure as shat haven't seen anything that makes me believe REMOTELY that he could pose a threat to the #1 P4P fighter in the world...I mean...COME ON!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    IMO if Winky stayed at 154 it would have been a great boxing match...Not for the fans of KO's but a great fight for purist...

I will get SC'd for this but IMO Spinks has a great chance of beating him if he came in top shape.....

At worst he would give Floyd fits

No sc here..............

I've always aid that Spinks has a better chance than anybody out there IF he could keep it up for a full 12 rounds. Not to mention, that if Spinks could make it back down to 147... he might carry some deceptive power with him if he manages to baloon up to the high 150's the night of the fight.

The problem with that is that Spinks gets totally exhausted in the later rounds of almost every fight I've seen him in.

The way I see it happening is Spinks looks real impressive for the first 7 rounds of the fight (maybe losing a round or two in the process) but gets completely slaughtered for the remainder of the fight, en route to losing a UD.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    I just don't feel it.

Agreed. Then or now...I just don't see what everyone else does in Casa...& I sure as shat haven't seen anything that makes me believe REMOTELY that he could pose a threat to the #1 P4P fighter in the world...I mean...COME ON!!!
    I'm not saying now. I'm saying when they were both at 130. At 130 Casamayor would of clearly gave him a better fight than Corrales did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gotta agree with casa would of gave floyd the best boxing match. casa a southpaw, very slick, can mix it up and can end a fight with one punch. besides koysta I always thought casa was the one to give floyd a lost, back down in the lower weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are plenty of guys. Cotto, Mosley, Williams, Margarito, Alcime, Simms, there are others too. Mayweather just wont fight them though. I really think he can be beaten decisively but it wont happen until he underestimates someone.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams would give Mayweather all kinds of problem with that 82'' reach and his huge punch out put it would be a long night for Mayweather and i do not think he was the power to take Williams out so i think Williams would win this one on points by about 1 or 2 rounds

Thread Information