This is a pretty lame question but it's bugging the crap out of me and hopefully someone has some experience in this area.

I dropped some pretty descent cash on an exercise bike and have been getting up before work to ride for an hour each morning. Unfortunately i'm having to cut the exercising back to every other day coz of bad as$ chafing.... It sux because I had to start on the bike because my knee is pretty f'd at the moment and I won't be out running for a while, but now I can't even use the bike due to the formetioned problem.

Just wondering if anyone on here cycles or similar and has had to buy bike shorts?
If so, did they help with that sort of problem? I've read up a little and some have padding in certain area's and stuff like that,, so if anyone has ANY experience with some and may know some good brands it'd be a HUGGEEEE help.!

I don't have any spare time to get to a sports store, so your advice have to be it before I order online and hopefully don't waste my money on something that won't even help my problem.

Right, get typing!

Oh, If anyone requires photos of said chafing/rash before being willing to provide advice, please let me know...

I'm joking