Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zab Judah - 30 Today!!! How's He Done?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Zab Judah - 30 Today!!! How's He Done?

Wow! I remember when he was an up & coming kid. It seemed like he had unlimited potential with the only question mark was concerning his chin. That seemed answered with the wins over Mickey Ward and Darryl Tyson, solid gatekeepers to the upper echelons. The first cracks appeared against Jan Bergman but he got up to win by KO in a manner similar to Trinidad.

Now, all these years have passed and Judah has been in some exciting fights, some crappy ones and a few controversial ones. He got more respect for his knockout loss to Cotto than he did in his previous 34 wins.

Has he over-achieved or under achieved? Hard to say. The only top guy he really beat was Spinks - and in light of Spinks' showings against Karmazin and Taylor - that looks like a great result. Apart from that, he's failed at every major test. There were the wins against late sub Witter, Corley and Pineda but none were impressive.

If he had better focus I think he could have been a much better champion. It's ironic that the only gift he appears to be lacking is mental, not physical. But maybe, now that he's entering the veteran stage of his career, he's addressing this shortcoming.

Anyway, Zab, even though you're a complete dick half the time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you can continue the momentum you got in your loss to Cotto.
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Zab Judah - 30 Today!!! How's He Done?

since the koysta right hand zab hasn't been the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes an old 30...in the ring anyways, hes like 12 outside of it lol. He is on the tail end of his career now but Id say hes been an underachiever. Zab never maximized his potential and it is too late now imo. What I like about Zab though is hes never been in a bad fight so if nothing else hes had a memorable career.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zabs 30 going on 5.

Anyway.... taan I think the title of this thread should be Zab Judah - 30 Today!! How's Hes done?

Which reminds me wheres Starr?
    I haven't seen here post here in a while her & SalTheButcher are Zabs biggest fans even when he lost they both would say he won. You gotta love that kind of spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Zabs 30 going on 5.

Anyway.... taan I think the title of this thread should be Zab Judah - 30 Today!! How's Hes done?

I haven't seen here post here in a while her & SalTheButcher are Zabs biggest fans even when he lost they both would say he won. You gotta love that kind of spirit.
    Ha ha ha
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Hes an old 30...in the ring anyways, hes like 12 outside of it lol. He is on the tail end of his career now but Id say hes been an underachiever. Zab never maximized his potential and it is too late now imo. What I like about Zab though is hes never been in a bad fight so if nothing else hes had a memorable career.
    I'd say he's more like 12 in the ring, the way he goes off to Disneyland in the middle of a fight, with that deer in the headlight glazed look on his face. At least 15 years old outside the ring
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zabs 30 going on 5.

LMAO, good one Mick...... He's done

Anyways, Happy Birthday Frozen Solid...ooops, I mean Zab.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by taansend
    Zabs 30 going on 5.

Ha ha ha
    Not sure if you've come across some of my posts taan. But about a year ago today I said Zab would no longer exsist as a boxer.
    Hes almost there. All he needs another major loss and if Yoel cares enough about his son and the people around Zab care about him they'll tell him it's time to hang 'em up.
    No one believed when I posted a year ago that Zab would no longer be considered a big player in the boxing world. No one believed me he'd be out of the game by now. I know hes still active but again another loss to his career and hes as good as not being active.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Zabs 30 going on 5.

LMAO, good one Mick...... He's done

Anyways, Happy Birthday Frozen Solid...ooops, I mean Zab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In some ways, it's hard to say a guy has had a disappointing career when he's won belts at 140 and been the undisputed champ at 147. But you have to consider Zab an overall disappointment, because he could have been so much better.

The obvious fault with Zab is his head. Great athletes raise their level when they're challenged, other athletes come undone. Zab has usually broken down mentally when he's been physically challenged.

I also think that Zab would have benifitted from a switch in trainers earlier in his career. I'm not blaming Yoel Judah for Zab's defeats, but I think it would have helped Zab to work with someone who would have taught him a classic boxing style. Yoel was a kickboxer and always taught Zab a style that was based more on athleticism and not pure boxing skill. Contrast that with someone like Floyd, who was trained in the classic techniques since he was a kid.

It's weird, a few years ago Zab looked like he had really turned the corner. He knocked out Spinks in Cory's hometown, and then in his first defense he absolutely DESTROYED Cosme Rivera. It looked like he was ready to be a Top 5 PFP guy. Then the Baldomir fight came along and everything fell apart.

Zab isn't done, he's still one of the top 7 or 8 welterweights in the world, and he'll be in another big fight soon, because he's talented and people like watching him fight. But he'll never be the great champ people thought he could be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean he hasn't done too bad considering he is one of the greatest sore losers to walk into a boxing ring.

*I've let go one maybe two posts with your link but I wont let it go all the time everyday.
    What Doesn't Kill You Will Only Make You STRONGER......

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEART
    I mean he hasn't done too bad considering he is one of the greatest sore losers to walk into a boxing ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEART

Oh no!! The Spalice are lurking around
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius "Marvelous" Rain

That could have been for his confidence. But the real change in how he fought happened when he got someone out of his corner that would make him work.

Other boxers have their dads in the corner but they make them and train them as their trainer and not their father.

I remember Calzaghe's famous words

"He pisses me the fck off! But I can hang. I'm a homeboy!" When referring to his father as a trainer.

Zab's father trains him as a father would train a son rather then a trainer would train a fighter, thats why he will never get better then he is right now. Which is why he will lose at the levels he's lost at.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius "Marvelous" Rain

That could have been for his confidence. But the real change in how he fought happened when he got someone out of his corner that would make him work.

Other boxers have their dads in the corner but they make them and train them as their trainer and not their father.

I remember Calzaghe's famous words

"He pisses me the fck off! But I can hang. I'm a homeboy!" When referring to his father as a trainer.

Zab's father trains him as a father would train a son rather then a trainer would train a fighter, thats why he will never get better then he is right now. Which is why he will lose at the levels he's lost at.
    Come on Majesty....
    Zabs looses because of himself he has the attention span of a 3 year old.
    Do you also think the rest of the Judahs suck because their dad trains them?
    (Hell no they suck.... Well cause they just suck.)
    Zab did the best he could and it was good while it lasted and while he stayed focused.
    Still that is no excuse, he lost and that's that. Nobody to blame but himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the cotto/judah fight - one of the commentators made the funniest comment when he said" do you think zab is looking at yoel and thinking is this man really my father"
    it was in the later rounds - i couldn't stop laughing at that comment.

Thread Information