Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Green pulls out of fight with Tarver to fight Stipe Drews instead?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Green pulls out of fight with Tarver to fight Stipe Drews instead?

From Fightnews, the premier boxing news site

Drews to defend against Green!
    Bout will take place in Perth, Australia
    WBA light heavyweight champion Stipe Drews (32-1, 13 KOs) will travel to Australia to defend his title on December 16 against power-punching #8 ranked former WBC interim super middleweight titleholder Danny Green (24-3, 22 KOs). The event, promoted by Universum Box-Promotion and Green Machine Promotions, will take place at Challenge Stadium in Perth. The 6'5 southpaw Drews suffered his only pro loss in Australia, dropping a decision in a 2004 WBC eliminator against Paul Briggs and "The Spiderman" has promised a victory this time Down Under. "This fight will be a tough job," admitted Drews. "With Danny Green, I have a hard nut to crack. I am doing very well in training camp, my trainer Michael Timm is very happy and we will be ready to take on this tough Australian. By the way, in Australia I have something to make up for so I will put this man in his place and win clearly!"
    To take this fight, Green has pulled out of his scheduled Dceember 1 clash with Antonio Tarver, which was scheduled to be nationally televised in the United States.

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

You got a fight set up on Showtime televised all across America against one of the biggest names in the division and you pull out to fight Stipe Drews just so you can be at home for Christmas?

FUCK YOU DANNY GREEN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Green pulls out of fight with Tarver to fight Stipe Drews instead?

I don't get it Is he scared of Tarver or something?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Green pulls out of fight with Tarver to fight Stipe Drews instead?

WTF !! Makes no sense.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could have won ShowTimes Self declared "Light Heavyweight Championship"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    WTF !! Makes no sense.
    At least he is dropping an IBO title fight for a legit title (WBA) fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be the title, danny wants to win a good world title. I guess fighting tarver has alot of risk and not much reward.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Green will fight Croatian Stipe Drews for the WBA light-heavyweight title in Perth on December 16 after negotiations with IBO champ Antonio Tarver broke down yesterday.
    ``I am delighted to be fighting Drews and his company Universum have been a pleasure to deal with. Totally professional,'' Green told *********.com.au.
    ``Tarver is a mug. He treated me with total disrespect and contempt. Just four weeks away from when I'm supposed tob be fighting him I still don't have a contract.
    ``We announced the fight seven weeks ago and we've had one phone call from them in 14 weeks of negotiations.

``Drews is being paid a huge purse to come to Australia and I am honoured to be fighting a great champion for a prestigious title.''
    The fight will be held at the 6000-seat Challenge Stadium in Perth.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/...618774545.html

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=45100

http://www.secondsout.com/World/news...s=225&cs=23107

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I had heard somewhere else that it was more Tarver than Green. Hard to say but its not like it would totally surprise me if it turned out Tarver was stringing him along.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Danny Green will fight Croatian Stipe Drews for the WBA light-heavyweight title in Perth on December 16 after negotiations with IBO champ Antonio Tarver broke down yesterday.
    ``I am delighted to be fighting Drews and his company Universum have been a pleasure to deal with. Totally professional,'' Green told *********.com.au.
    ``Tarver is a mug. He treated me with total disrespect and contempt. Just four weeks away from when I'm supposed tob be fighting him I still don't have a contract.
    ``We announced the fight seven weeks ago and we've had one phone call from them in 14 weeks of negotiations.

``Drews is being paid a huge purse to come to Australia and I am honoured to be fighting a great champion for a prestigious title.''

Ah if that's the case then I'm all for it. If Tarver was being a primadonna and Green told him he could stick his crummy IBO belt and he'd fight for a proper one instead then that's pretty awesome.

I retract my 'FUCK YOU DANNY GREEN' comments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all Tarver's fault! He has been dicking Green around for weeks now and i think he realised that fighting Danny Green might be a career ending move, Green was doing commentary on the recent Darchinyan fight and he was adamant that he wanted Tarver and the fight will go ahead. Tarver's people obviously wanted nothing to do with Green.
    I'm glad Green found another fight and for a major belt at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for Green.

Tarver aint shit...PERIOD.

Drews vs Green is a much better match up.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this match up. Briggs and Green have similiar styles so if Drews had trouble with Briggs he might with Danny as well. If danny wins could lead to a Briggs-Green all aussie LHW title fight.....

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo

Ah if that's the case then I'm all for it. If Tarver was being a primadonna and Green told him he could stick his crummy IBO belt and he'd fight for a proper one instead then that's pretty awesome.

I retract my 'F*** YOU DANNY GREEN' comments
    That's exactly what I think lil-hobbit-man, the WBA title will be a big draw, and if he wins those Showtime fights will certainly come as American fighters look to track him down.

As for Tarver, the only bad thing about this is that we won't see him get an ass-kicking by an average decent international fighter, and the inevitable retirement that would follow.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good on him

i can't stand tarver and the wba belt is more prestigous than the IBO.....plus stipe dews is an easier fight.

makes good business sense to me
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Good for Green.

Tarver aint shit...PERIOD.

Drews vs Green is a much better match up.
    I'm wit' da drunk dude on this one.

I for one think good for Danny, Tarvers been figthing some bullshit! fights as of late hes rode the RJJ win long enough. He needs to step up or move the phuk! out the way so others can do their thing.

Thread Information