Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who would win a DAVID TUA vs GEORGE FOREMAN?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: who would win a DAVID TUA vs GEORGE FOREMAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    hi all,
    i was enjoying all the posts until some pussy cat called me a poof 

i will try to make this sound as simple as possible, i will try to break down how this fight would go, so it is simple to imagine 

both murderous punchers, with awesome chins, and both were mentally strong.
    BOTH WERE COME FORWARD FIGHTERS!!!!!! ( remember this.)

now, tua has the advantage, cos tua likes fighting on the inside (cos he is shorter), and foreman likes coming forward.

if tua fights the younger foreman, the one that had no defense, and was almost ko'd by ron lyle, tua would win by brutal knockout.

its the older heavier, clever, more patient foreman that imo would trouble any tua. can you imagine a guy, no matter how hard they punched, the guy was not only sloppy when he was younger, but he had hardly any defense, can you imagine what he would be running into against tua

this fight would be in close quarters because of the styles of the two combatants, thats why i favour tua in this fight, he would get hit less.
    ....you have watched boxing before right?

You know David Tua is a fat sack of shit that never did anything with the one talent he had (power)

George was not only powerful he imposed his will and his fight plan on everyone other than Ali as a young fighter....Tua couldn't handle that pressure and that strength.....I bet you David Tua would have been sat on his ass within the first 3 minutes of the fight.

As for old Foreman, David Tua likes that slow steady pace better but the only reason he likes it is because he can sit back and do nothing the entire fight like he did vs Rahman last time.

Get it through your thick noggin that David Tua has NEVER been exciting the way he was vs Ibeabuchi before or after that fight....that is not the norm.

What do people see in that fat piece of garbage

While Tua is out beating up Young George Foreman maybe he can take care of Hulk and She-Ra while he's at it.....all these fights taking place in Fantasy Land because they would NEVER FRIGGIN HAPPEN!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hi all,

i will try to make this sound as simple as possible, i will try to break down how this fight would go, so it is simple to imagine

now, tua has the advantage, cos tua likes fighting on the inside (cos he is shorter), and foreman likes coming forward.

if tua fights the younger foreman, the one that had no defense, and was almost ko'd by ron lyle, tua would win by brutal knockout.

its the older heavier, clever, more patient foreman that imo would trouble any tua. can you imagine a guy, no matter how hard they punched, the guy was not only sloppy when he was younger, but he had hardly any defense, can you imagine what he would be running into against tua

this fight would be in close quarters because of the styles of the two combatants, thats why i favour tua in this fight, he would get hit less.
    I can see how Logic and common sense can be an Intimidating thing my friend.Take a deep breath and comprehend one thing....A peak Foreman WAS the calm,cool,collected,come back Foreman!He Destroys Tua and No way was He a Full come forward brawler.Foreman was calculated and methodical Puncher who could maximize his opponents mistakes. I admire your willingness and attempt to swim up a waterfall though. Read the sentence again short-bus ....."after The Ibeabuchi Fight......Poof" Poof as in done/vaished/Gone/Finished with serious training and dedication that made him a once fierce and brutal fan-favorite.

El Kabong Guest

David Tua threw 60 punches a round vs Ibeabuchi.....after that you'd be lucky if he threw 60 punches A FIGHT.

David Tua like anyone else in boxing had POTENTIAL.....and like many people in boxing he never reached it either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    hi all,

....you have watched boxing before right?

You know David Tua is a fat sack of S*** that never did anything with the one talent he had (power)

George was not only powerful he imposed his will and his fight plan on everyone other than Ali as a young fighter....Tua couldn't handle that pressure and that strength.....I bet you David Tua would have been sat on his a** within the first 3 minutes of the fight.

As for old Foreman, David Tua likes that slow steady pace better but the only reason he likes it is because he can sit back and do nothing the entire fight like he did vs Rahman last time.

Get it through your thick noggin that David Tua has NEVER been exciting the way he was vs Ibeabuchi before or after that fight....that is not the norm.

What do people see in that fat piece of garbage

While Tua is out beating up Young George Foreman maybe he can take care of Hulk and She-Ra while he's at it.....all these fights taking place in Fantasy Land because they would NEVER FRIGGIN HAPPEN!

Lyle I agree with just about everything you posted, except I do think that Tua is being a bit shorted on how well he would do. When Tua was in his prime his chin was outstanding. The fact Foreman as you mentioned above imposed his will so well the chin would only bring Tua so far though. George Foreman in his prime did not take a few rounds to get warmed up he threw bone crushing power shots from the second the opening bell rang. Joe Frazier can attest to that.

On one side what we have is one of boxings greatest heavyweight champions of all time, top 10 in my opinion as I mentioned in my earlier post, added with the fact in his prime years he quite possibly may be boxings hardest puncher to ever wear a pair of gloves,Third at worst. George also had a pretty good pair of whiskers of his own.

On the other side we have one of our eras top heavyweight contender's who had the skills to go all the way but as Lyle mentioned somehow did not use his ability to the fullest for what ever reason. Something that he has only himself to blame. Tua had some good bouts and is in no way second rate just an underachiever. Kind of makes it hard to see where he would be the favorite out of the two?

El Kabong Guest

I did get a bit carried away with that post...part of it is because Foreman is one of the best heavyweights of all time and part is because David Tua never recaptured what he did vs Ibeabuchi.

Foreman turned Frazier time and time again and the hook became useless because of it. Frazier would try to set it up and come in straight to land it and George took his big arms and turned Joe around and pushed him away.

Thread Information