Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting styles, how do i stop this guy pounding me?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighting styles, how do i stop this guy pounding me?

Sounds like you have use what you got naturally and that sounds like added reach and height. Id go with the people who suggest the jab is the key.
    So straight shots ,elbows down for more power and protection against the smaller more in fighter also it will shut him out further (straights out reach his hooks and swings) keep throwing over the top ,(stop his head comming forwards)and hold stance if he gets through the distance slightly just shuffle back a touch but hold your stance and keep firing, dont stop.

Just for starters, so you utilize what you got,

Then do what the others say with the uppercuts etc
    if you end up against the ropes , control one of his arms ,fold it into his body and go out and around that same side of him and turn him around as Missy said and pound on him.

You can do that too by clinching momentarily so he is tied up and wizz him around.

OR (More advanced and needs practice)
    you can use the ropes.
    Spring back by stepping back into them with your front foot going all the way back behind your rear leg and sit into the centre ropes(but just off to the side on an angle),this gets you distance to move ,switches your stance and places you out on an angle for escape and you have the space to throw hard as you leave out the side or turn him around as he follows.

Depending on your distance back to the ropes ;You can just pull one foot back and sit, if your comming off a square stance and are near on touching them, whatever way ,your body becomes hunched and protected,your legs are bent your sprung so your feet are freer to move ,so you just have maintain high cover then catch him hard as you leave or cover and control his arm first and catch him even harder if he turns into face you as you leave.
    You can control his right arm with your left arm pushing it across him and then release and follow through with a right uppercut up straight up his centre line as you leave on the outside of his right arm. That sort of thing has you covered completey a your attack has covered the path of his rear arm if it comes and you have hidden your intentions until the last millisecond so your actually doing two or more things at once; Escaping while closing and choking him one side,controlling that arm on that side, slipping it ,hiding your other intention and nailing him as hard as it happens right as you go!
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have a couple options. First, take advantage of conditions to learn a great boxing secret, hidden since the Ali clown show burst upon us. That is, move just enough (watch McGirt v. Brown) to keep him for being able to set himself and direct his energy. Turn circles; side to side is an asinine concept. Second, learn to feint and let him come to you to your benefit. Every boxer has patterns of style and you'll hit him harder if you walk him into a shot as opposed to trying to "keep him off." Last, take it easy and don't let a storm of punches bother you. Concentrate on avoiding them and you'll soon see that at least half have nil to do with you At that point you'll begin to be able to start punching back with effect. Turn your left shoulder into him, drop your left arm across your body, keep your right glove up and your chin down, get the feel of his tempo and turn so his punches wrap around you. Watch James Toney. Let him punch make him miss pick your spots and land deliberate punches. Oh, and if he's wearing headgear, hit the belly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

stand your ground 100%. never give up, no matter what. push him back. he is playing with you. if you are a boxer, learn his weak point and focus on that point. he will get the hint. knock him on his ass if that's what it takes. he is trying to proove his size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dig a deep shot to the body....that'll slow him down. Oh, and smile at him when you do it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have found that everyones weakness is continuous shots to the body. When I fight... I try to break every rib they have. I don't care how tough someone is.. if you continuously go to the rib cage, you are going to hurt them, and its going to be hard for them to breath.. and then you go in for the kill.

Head shots impress the girls.. body shots win fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I have found that everyones weakness is continuous shots to the body. When I fight... I try to break every rib they have. I don't care how tough someone is.. if you continuously go to the rib cage, you are going to hurt them, and its going to be hard for them to breath.. and then you go in for the kill.

Couldnt agree with you more......got any BBQ sauce to go with those ribs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know what i advise?
    dont back down, just walk right throwgh him and land the hardest shots you can in his nose and his eyes. hes not gooa see to well after that pummeling. it doesn matter if you get hit, hes probabely a cock and punches like a girl anyways. if you really really hurts somone, they dont want to be an idiot and plough throwugh you again.
    this is a potentially hazerdous plan of attack and the other suggestions are probs better...but if you find they dont work, then punch him so hard he ends up in another time zone!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You never mention if your nemesis comes at you in straight lines or what? Have you learned how to sidestep yet? See, the secret about movement in a boxing match is this; you have to be near enough to punch him back. That small ring is actually a boon, not a bane; otherwise you might convince yourself of some untruths about what it means to "stickan'move" Now if you bend your knees jab to his chest- this will keep him off you. But keep something in mind. Every punch you throw can and will be used against you by this guy. If you jab while he's too far out he gets to time you and find how long your arms are. Almost every short busy inside boxer is adept at slipping jabs to get up close, and loading up hard blows gives him time to get close enogh to smother them ( check this, my friend. Sometimes a savvy fighter wearing headgear will take a punch to the head but, by being up close will intercept it at such a point so as there weight isn't behind it yet. This trick, of course, stops that from happening, can upset your balance and convince you that you can't get his "attentiion" witha punch) So I would suggest feinting, drawing his lead and countering. Take the time to look up sidestepping in a How To... boxing book - I'm not confident that I can accurately define it. If needed I'll try later-because that will get you out of his way, but in range to hit and not be hit. Once more, turn your left shoulder well in and target certain parts of him. For instance. the right uppercut is a natural counter for left hopoks to the body. If you try to elude him by scurrying around the ring, you won't. What will is him getting caught with hard hooks and uppercuts when he avoids the jab and landing a few hard punches under the heart or to the liver in close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO NO NO NO! WRONG...WRONG...AND WRONG AGAIN!

you guys really don't have a clue about true boxing don't you. I see all of ya sayin clinch clinch..uppercut. CMOOON who u guys kidding??

NO, if you wanna beat this guy hard listen to ME..what you gotta do is...when he starts smackin u, u just kick him in da nuts as hard as u can!! LOL. he'll be on his way to da floor in a sec, by the time he fall down on the ground you can get to punch him a few times. that's basically it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CRO-Luka
    NO NO NO NO! WRONG...WRONG...AND WRONG AGAIN!

you guys really don't have a clue about true boxing don't you. I see all of ya sayin clinch clinch..uppercut. CMOOON who u guys kidding??

NO, if you wanna beat this guy hard listen to ME..what you gotta do is...when he starts smackin u, u just kick him in da nuts as hard as u can!! LOL. he'll be on his way to da floor in a sec, by the time he fall down on the ground you can get to punch him a few times. that's basically it.
    HAHAHAHAHA, no wait thats not funny, not funny atall
    you laugh now, but well be laughing when you have your boxing abilities provoked! on a plus note, you should try vale tudo...

Thread Information