Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the largest crowd ever recorded for a boxing match, indoors or outdoors.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is the largest crowd ever recorded for a boxing match, indoors or outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Julio Cesar Chavez supposedly had 136,274 fans show up in a fight in Mexico against a guy named Haugen.
    Yes I remember that.

THe fight was shown on itv on a sunday afternoon.

Haugen said somthing like Mexicans did not have enough money to pay for that many seats.Did not go down well.
    Balls

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is the largest crowd ever recorded for a boxing match, indoors or outdoors.

Well theres a bit of contreversy as far as having actual records of the attendace.
    TheRookieFan: 136,274
    Daxx: 134,000+

JCC vs. Haugen is marked as 132,247 but some stories say less others say more a lot more.
    Dempsey vs. Tunney I, is marked as 120,557 but again stories have it that about 150,000 were there.

If you go by whats written then it's JCC vs. Greg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how much for Jack Johnson vs Jim Jeffires?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez had the biggest outdoor crowd, as mentioned above.

He also was part of the 2nd biggest indoor crowd ever, against Whitaker at the Alamodome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow.....

And thanx to all of you for racking your brains out for me, much appreciated and you shut my mate up at last too.... and his Dumbass knowing for a fact 60,000 attendance, lol,

He had no idea of where or when either...and as me and him dissagreed re 60,000 I needed to be factual or id have been slaughtered,so again thanks for your help with this...he has now been educated by you all lol...
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Well theres a bit of contreversy as far as having actual records of the attendace.

JCC vs. Haugen is marked as 132,247 but some stories say less others say more a lot more.
    Dempsey vs. Tunney I, is marked as 120,557 but again stories have it that about 150,000 were there.

Once crowds start getting that big Mick...You know the exaggerations start flying out....I just did a search on yahoo and found like four or five different attendance rates....I found 132,000+, 134,000+....124,000+ and 156,000+ ....

I think we will all just have to agree it was the largest and it was a bucket load for sure
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep have definitely seen an official record that JCC v Haugen has the record - was it Aztec Stadium ?

Also where was Ali v Spinks II held anyway to get 63,000 indoor ?? - anyone know ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO
    yep have definitely seen an official record that JCC v Haugen has the record - was it Aztec Stadium ?

Also where was Ali v Spinks II held anyway to get 63,000 indoor ?? - anyone know ?
    Superdome In New Orleans

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Once crowds start getting that big Mick...You know the exaggerations start flying out....I just did a search on yahoo and found like four or five different attendance rates....I found 132,000+, 134,000+....124,000+ and 156,000+ ....

I think we will all just have to agree it was the largest and it was a bucket load for sure
    Completely agree Daxx that's why I told bambamdaddio it depends on how you look at it.

Spot on Mark, Azteca Stadium is where it was held.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Superdome In New Orleans
    cheers Daxxx - I take it it has a retractable roof then to make it qualify as indoor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Superdome In New Orleans
    cheers Daxxx - I take it it has a retractable roof then to make it qualify as indoor

And the bathrooms are down in the D section, across the snack bar and.....Just kiddin ya mate...TBH I don't know if it does or not...never been there and I am not one much for football so maybe one of the other guys here can answer that one

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers mate - either way its cheating when these stadiums have roofs on them and they class it as 'indoor'

bit worried you know where the toilets are what you been up to in there....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers mate - either way its cheating when these stadiums have roofs on them and they class it as 'indoor'

bit worried you know where the toilets are what you been up to in there....

...Thought the never been there line kind of summed it up but OK....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suppose we are now living in the days of the largest indoor and outdoor crowds being from the same venue..slide roof permitting, say 7.30 pm largest outdoor crowd then rainfall and at 9.00pm same venue it becomes the largest indoor crowd lol
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information