Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighting Dreams and Thoughts

I been boxing quite a bit and its more fun for me than most.. i just love boxing.. i cant see myself not doing it... but its led to me walking about and thinking ( can i take that guy? ) its really weird.. and i always dream about getting into fights with guys that i dont like and when im throwing punches they are so weak and slow... and i end up getting my ass whooped ( in my dreams haha) i was wondering if this is normal and if any of u guys deal with this stuff.... thx

-"King" David

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighting Dreams and Thoughts

Fighting in a dream apparently means inner turmoil, you have some issues you need to deal with, to keep this on subject are you sure that boxing is just fun? could you be craving some real competition?, you said it yourself you walk around thinking can I take that guy.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by XxEliteHitmanxX
    I been boxing quite a bit and its more fun for me than most.. i just love boxing.. i cant see myself not doing it... but its led to me walking about and thinking ( can i take that guy? ) its really weird.. and i always dream about getting into fights with guys that i dont like and when im throwing punches they are so weak and slow... and i end up getting my ass whooped ( in my dreams haha) i was wondering if this is normal and if any of u guys deal with this stuff.... thx

-"King" David
    Ive had that dream except it was a guy im friends with and i know i could flog with no problem but in the dream i cant hurt him and he ends up koing me by throwing me through a door.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've had a similar dream 2...my problem in the dream was that i couldn't throw punches correctly. its like i cant get my arm up or something in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had that dream also. I just never got whooped but I fought like crap. I love to train for speed and in my dream it felt like I had a thousand pounds straped to my arms when i went to punch someone. Its a boxers nightmare I guess. Couple weeks ago I went to bed happy how my training is paid off and no kidding I beat up the guy i was watching box that night on TV, in my dream. Well now this one my friend was a dream and not a night mare. Its the little things that will get you in your dreams. The little things that you worry about and fear might happen 1 % of the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had them dreams where I didn't get beat but I couldn't beat the other guy; I'd keep hitting him in the face and it'd bounce off and it wouldn't faze him. He'd just keep right on smiling, and there was nothing I could do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dream was bad thought coz he kind of grabbed me and and slammed me through a door and i had punched him and kicked him and he ended up throwing me through a door.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of people........with lots of issues'
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAA HAA
    I KickAz in my dreams. The good ones
    But I have had dreams were my arms wont move. in those I get so enraged I become aware that I am dreaming. Then I wake up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sometimes in my dreams i fight someone who i don't really like and what happens is is that i feel weak and awkard, i just barely throw punches and they are so slow that they don't really hit.
    Its feels so real that when i wake up i think that was really me, with incredibly slow punches.
    So i end up pounding the heavy bag to get my confidence back, thinking to myself, "how the hell did that happen!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have strange ideas floating around in my head now and then, and sometimes they scare me or make me wonder if something is wrong with me.

For example, about 3 years ago, and virtually overnight at that, all of a sudden I just HAD to find out what it was like to get the nitrous oxide at the dentist. I had to call around to some dentists to find the ones that had it, and I even researched the subject extensively on the internet. Fortunately (?) I had a couple cavities, so I got to try it out in short order. It was pretty damn cool once they cranked it up, but I still feel like a psycho freak when I go to the dentist and mention that "I need it to handle the drill", even though they seem to think it's not that big of a deal to give it to me. I'd just fall over and die if anyone I know found out about it. I thank god for the anonymity of the internet.

More recently, right after I decided to try learning about boxing for exercise and weight loss, I saw that million dollar baby movie. After seeing some of the scenes in the movie, now I've got this strange urge to find out what getting knocked out feels like and seeing myself on video in the process.  I think fights are always videotaped for the fighters to review, aren't they? The second girl hillary swank fought, who got bounced off the ropes and fell down after only 3 punches, she really got her ass plastered good, huh? I think the whole knock out idea is very embarrassing to the fighter when it actually happens, but very intriguing at the same time. I wonder now if seeing the movie was a mistake.

I don't know if there's really something wrong in my head, or if this is a normal fantasy, or morbid curiosity, or just the dark side of human nature.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have two different sides to the brain and four different modes of thought patterns to deal with.

The alpha pattern is normal thought for every day stuff.
    Beta mode is for when you are under stress.

Delta for maybe sleep I forgeta and another for meditation type stuff.

I think when you are relaxed and not in any particualr mode ,all of a sudden one can slip in and place these weird thoughts in action without you realizing (Alpha wise ..the analitical ,normal mode). So the thought ends up going deep into the subconcise level because you havent bought it to the Alpha mode fully .

Thats why you have the uncontrollable urge to experience it .
    As that will bring it to the Alpha mode for you physically so you can then analize the experience.

People who suffer from post tramatic stress disorder go around in beta mode and suffe all types of delusions that they thionk are real!
    The walking nightmares of ex fighters and people who have suffered trauma of other types or survival situatiions can be dealt with by useing brain gym exersizes ,or visiting a top kinesiologist who can reprogramme the mind set are best.

Or hypnotherapy if your that way inclinded,but the cures arent always 100 per cent there.
    Western medicine doesnt work so good here as they just fill you with drugs that work on the surface but make you feel dependant so the thought gets to go in circles if the drug diminishes.

Hope this helps.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want to be a boxer to. i am short though. i would have to fight taller people in the heavyweight division so if i see a tall guy like 6'2 i imagine me fighting him and how i move around to get inside.

Thread Information