I was thinking about this the other day when someone posted on the old server a Thread about Was there ever a better year for big fights then 2007 in memory

The 1970's was the best HW era but IMO the 1980's had the most talented fighters all together as a whole.....

Be it guys who started in the 80' finished in the 80's or had their prime during the 80's...It was TALENT PACKED!!!!!.....I mean think about it...

Larry Holmes, Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Sal Sanchez, Wilfred Benitez, Alexis Arguello, Aaron Pryon, Thomas Hearns, Mike Tyson, Michael Spinks, Azuma Nelson, Davey Moore, Sadd Muhammad, Wilfredo Gomez, Carlos De Leon, Bazooka Limon, Ray Mancini, Hector Camacho, Michael Dokes, Tim Witherspoon, Donald Curry, Yaqui Lopez, John Mugabi, Saoul Mamby, Juan LaPorte, Milton McCrory, Mike Tyson, Jeff Chandler, Greg Page, Tony Tubbs, Rocky Lockridge, Barry McGuigan, Julian Jackson, Lloyd Honeyghan, Johnny Bumphus, Julio Cesar Chavez, Jeff Fenech, Iran Barkley, Pernell Whitaker, Livingstone Bramble, Gerry Cooney, John John Molina, Doug DeWitt, Greg Haugen, Michael Nunn, Michael Moorer, Frank Bruno, Terry Norris, Gerald McClellan, Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn,

I could go on for another 100 names those were just off the top of my head and did not include the little guys under 122.....I mean really IMO the Talent was amazing...even the contenders that never won world titles were DAMN GOOD!!!! and in any other era probably would have been champion easy.....

Any opinions on this?