Thread: Post Your Official Saddo's Pound for Pound List as of November, 2007

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Post Your Official Saddo's Pound for Pound List as of November, 2007

Well...once again we're about to begin bringing some closure to yet another glorious year of boxing at the one place that we all have come to call our home away from our homes, families, & day to day trials & tribulations.

Pound 4 Pound lists are always good for massive amounts of debate & here in Wackoland we always encourage our members to argue & debate...then argue & debate some mo!

Here's the list that I comprised...so why don't you yungins make your picks & let's talk my brothers...here are my picks.

Saddo's Official P4P List as of November, 2007:

#1: Floyd Mayweather jr.
    #2: Manny Pacquiao
    #3: Bernard Hopkins
    #4: Joe Calzaghe
    #5: Miguel Cotto
    #6: Juan Manuel Marquez
    #7: Ricky Hatton
    #8: Ronald Winky Wright
    #9: Israel Vasquez
    #10: Rafael Marquez

As I know that this will be a thread for much debate...so...let's do it to it ladies. Debate & post your thoughts & lists so that we can sort this out.

Cheers.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Post Your Official Saddo's Pound for Pound List as of November, 2007

CC 4 da' list.

Interesting how when Taylor (supposedly) beat Hopkins and he was on many p4p list, now Taylor is nowhere to be found lol.

Cotto was about #10 last year, glad to see him moving up. Floyd still has a strangle hold on this biatch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Post Your Official Saddo's Pound for Pound List as of November, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    CC 4 da' list.

Interesting how when Taylor (supposedly) beat Hopkins and he was on many p4p list, now Taylor is nowhere to be found lol.

Cotto was about #10 last year, glad to see him moving up. Floyd still has a strangle hold on this biatch
    #785 right back.

Honesty...I think that a P4P list is a damned easy thing to come up with now...everyone's fighting each other with either decisive or devastating results.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather
    Pacquiao
    Calzaghe
    Marquez
    Hopkins
    Vazquez
    Cotto
    Hatton
    Kelly Pavlik
    Rafa Marquez

KNocking on the door:Calderon,Sakata,Juan Diaz. I base my P4P on recent accomplishments and overall accomplishments. Fighters resumes are the most important thing though. I'd probably mess around with the order a bit but I wouldn't change any of those 10 names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Mayweather
    Pacquiao
    Calzaghe
    Marquez
    Hopkins
    Vazquez
    Cotto
    Hatton
    Kelly Pavlik
    Rafa Marquez

KNocking on the door:Calderon,Sakata,Juan Diaz. I base my P4P on recent accomplishments and overall accomplishments. Fighters resumes are the most important thing though. I'd probably mess around with the order a bit but I wouldn't change any of those 10 names.
    1.Mayweather
    2.PAC
    3.Calzaghe
    4.Hopkins
    5.Vazquez
    6.Hatton
    7.JM Marquez
    8.Cotto
    9.Pavlik
    10.R Marquez

I just seen the match of vazquez and marquez defiantly the fight of the year, i forgot how hurt both guys were....

pavlik taylor was the second best fight of the year...

the cotto-mosley and kessler-calzaghe lived up to their hype, which USED TO BE rare (b-hop-taylor, floyd-DLH)

ICB Guest

1 Mayweather
    2 Pacquiao
    3 Hopkins
    4 Calzaghe
    5 JMM
    6 Cotto
    7 Vasquez
    8 Hatton
    9 Rafa Marquez
    10 Pavlik

I hate doing P4P lists i suck at it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    1 Mayweather
    2 Pacquiao
    3 Hopkins
    4 Calzaghe
    5 JMM
    6 Cotto
    7 Vasquez
    8 Hatton
    9 Rafa Marquez
    10 Pavlik

No you don't bro,it's just an opinion,there is no right and or wrong. As long as you justify your opinion,have sound reasoning,it's fine.Looks like a dam good list to me,better than alot of others' Ive seen.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    1 Mayweather
    2 Pacquiao
    3 Hopkins
    4 Calzaghe
    5 JMM
    6 Cotto
    7 Vasquez
    8 Hatton
    9 Rafa Marquez
    10 Pavlik

No you don't bro,it's just an opinion,there is no right and or wrong. As long as you justify your opinion,have sound reasoning,it's fine.Looks like a dam good list to me,better than alot of others' Ive seen.
    Thanks bro appreciate it just im never happy with my lists i mean when i was typing that list down i must of change it like 15 times but to you bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
    2. Manny Pacquiao
    3. Juan Manuel Marquez
    4. Joe Calzaghe
    5. Bernard Hopkins
    6. Winky Wright
    7. Miguel Cotto
    8. Ricky Hatton
    9. Israel Vasquez
    10. Rafael Marquez

Guys who might make the leap in '08 and enter the Top 10:
    Chad Dawson
    Humberto Soto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky Wright at number 6?¬ How? He beat Quartey who was coming off a layoff,lost to B Hop in a close fight in which both fighters looked horrible(Wright looked overweight,slow and turgid_) and lost to JT by 1 round imo although it was a close fight.He hasnt won a big fight decisively in a WHILE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky Wright at number 6?¬ How? He beat Quartey who was coming off a layoff,lost to B Hop in a close fight in which both fighters looked horrible(Wright looked overweight,slow and turgid_) and lost to JT by 1 round imo although it was a close fight.He hasnt won a big fight decisively in a WHILE.
    Of course he looked overweight, he was fighting 10 pounds above his natural weightclass!

I thought the Winky-BHop fight was a draw, fwiw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Of course he looked overweight, he was fighting 10 pounds above his natural weightclass!

I thought the Winky-BHop fight was a draw, fwiw.

Quartey had just beaten Forrest (in most people's opinion) only 4 months earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Double post.

Thread Information