Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighting Against Corruption In Boxing

After watching Jose Cotto's get a draw with Prawet Singwangcha a few months back it got me thinking about how to ensure this type of injustice on the scorecards does not go unaddressed. After tonight's Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight it got me thinking again. Casamayor won that fight because plans have already been made for him in the upcoming future to fight in a showdown and Santa Cruz was not supposed to interfere. At first I was thinking a petition against these particular judges could change things, but after seeing the sad lack of interest in the boxers pension plan petition I doubt it would work. So why don't we not buy the next ppv that Casamayor fights on or the judges judge on. It may not seem fair to Casamayor but Santa Cruz is missing out on a big payday in a unification fight that he earned the right to fight in as champion. Boxing fans hold more power than any commission or promotional company, but fans being are taken advantage of just as fighters are and nothing is going to change unless something is done. Anyone got any better ideas?
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighting Against Corruption In Boxing

Why not have interactive feature in boxing like they do in talent contest on tv. Have the fans score each and every round on interactive tv and then compare it the actual judges scorecards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree totally - but punishing Casamayor does not get to the root of the problem. The problem is the promoter, in this case Golden Boy. Do you boycott there next big card? (Hatton Mayweather ) No way!!

Or, what we could do is send as many 'this was bullshit' emails to the good folks at Golden Boy inc. so that their server shits itself...

Eric Gomez - Golden Boy VP and matchmaker - Eric@goldenboypromotions.com

I've already sent mine - please do the same.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    After watching Jose Cotto's get a draw with Prawet Singwangcha a few months back it got me thinking about how to ensure this type of injustice on the scorecards does not go unaddressed. After tonight's Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight it got me thinking again. Casamayor won that fight because plans have already been made for him in the upcoming future to fight in a showdown and Santa Cruz was not supposed to interfere. At first I was thinking a petition against these particular judges could change things, but after seeing the sad lack of interest in the boxers pension plan petition I doubt it would work. So why don't we not buy the next ppv that Casamayor fights on or the judges judge on. It may not seem fair to Casamayor but Santa Cruz is missing out on a big payday in a unification fight that he earned the right to fight in as champion. Boxing fans hold more power than any commission or promotional company, but fans being are taken advantage of just as fighters are and nothing is going to change unless something is done. Anyone got any better ideas?
    Actually...that's pretty good...but you aint gonna stop shit like that from happening.

Too many people want to see Casamayor vs Juan Diaz...now if you tell me that you'd skip that fight to make a point...I'd applaude ya...but I'd still probably buy the bout...even though I could see it free next weekend.

It's a great idea...but you would have to get a shitload of people to agree to it & then contact the network & promoters that are pushing the bout & then start making threats.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't you find it odd that even the "corrupt judge" that gave it to Santa Cruz only had it one round off from the "really corrupt judges"? Was he bought off and just couldn't count?

You'll notice the crowd barely boo'ed the decision, they boo'ed when the fighter who ran and held raised his arms on the turnbuckle. That's because they saw a close fight and more importantly, they couldn't hear the commentary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm so used to this happening from time-to-time that I can't imagine boxing without the occasional blatant robbery. Honestly, some part of me enjoys the drama of it all. A small, small part.

No, I am not speaking of a part that could be mentioned in a witty reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Actually...that's pretty good...but you aint gonna stop S*** like that from happening.

Too many people want to see Casamayor vs Juan Diaz...now if you tell me that you'd skip that fight to make a point...I'd applaude ya...but I'd still probably buy the bout...even though I could see it free next weekend.

It's a great idea...but you would have to get a shitload of people to agree to it & then contact the network & promoters that are pushing the bout & then start making threats.
    I know that your right that not enough people would be willing to sacrafice watching these fights. Personally, I have no want to see Casamayor fight ever again. I think that there is probably very little interest in seeing him fight Diaz aside from GBP and a few remaining Casamayor fans.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Terp
    Don't you find it odd that even the "corrupt judge" that gave it to Santa Cruz only had it one round off from the "really corrupt judges"? Was he bought off and just couldn't count?

You'll notice the crowd barely boo'ed the decision, they boo'ed when the fighter who ran and held raised his arms on the turnbuckle. That's because they saw a close fight and more importantly, they couldn't hear the commentary.
    I guess it would have been too suspicious if it was a unanimous decision. But all three judges had their palms greased imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason you didn't hear many booes is because most of the crowd were nighty-night sleeping. I saw Oscar staring at the ceiling at one point. Seriously, alot of people you could see not even watching the fight but talking with the people next to them. Tylenol PM just met its match.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a matter of Hearing the commentary that alot of fans and people,save maybe helen keller and stevie wonder, thought it was a crap descision.It was a crap descision!Plenty of Boos when Casa stepped up with his belt around his neck...Made the gesture and walked to the other side with a smirk.Im not one to entetain conspiracy theories about "grassy Knowls" and if men really did land on the moon.....But those boys were bought,payed for and wrapped up with a big bow on top IMo. Im betting Casa Announces retirement but I would much rather see Diaz show him to the door!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other then overseeing,goverment sponnsored bodies,recognised world wide,you arent doing anything but peeing in the wind
    Sorry

Thread Information