Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paul Williams seems to be the BEST

I may not be a boxing genuis like most of u people but I just dont see any welter beating him in a 12 round fight. He fought down hill on a tall fighter like margo. throws 100 punches a round, takes a good punch. Is it that no one wants a fighter like that to be at the top because he is the least talked about top welter in the division. This cat is tough to beat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Williams seems to be the BEST

Paul Williams is an anomaly. I exclude him when I am match making in the welterweight division. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by uwey
    I may not be a boxing genuis like most of u people but I just dont see any welter beating him in a 12 round fight. He fought down hill on a tall fighter like margo. throws 100 punches a round, takes a good punch. Is it that no one wants a fighter like that to be at the top because he is the least talked about top welter in the division. This cat is tough to beat.
    I think it'd be hard for any of the other top 147 guys to look good against PW, but i dont think he is unbeatable. I think Margarito could beat him if he started off better in the early rounds. He'd be a tough fight for the shorter guys like PBF, Cotto, and Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito isn't the best this division has too offer, both guys who fought after him would beat him IMO, and maybe quite badly, he had already preformed poorly against Clottey before fighting Williams, and as the fight progressed Williams got weaker, lets see him fight the heavier hitting Cotto or Cintron. I can't see Mosley beat him because he is southpaw, and so tall and fast, but Mayweather would cut down his punch stats by using footwork, and would counter effectively and win a UD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of all the fighters in that division, I see Paul Williams giving my boy PBF the toughest fight, This is the way I see it happening. Floyd stops Hatton on cuts around tthe 9th on cuts. But I believe Citron will be the Dark Horse to prevail, He lost against Margarito but that want happened again. I believe out of Cotto,Margarito and Citron, Citron is the more complete fighter, But I think Williams would give anyone trouble and a lot of it at that.Sorry for all the jumping around, a few brews tonight
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me Williams sells out his power In believing hes Juan diaz.He falls over himself,Gets hit alot(ecspecially L.hooks) and Holds his head way up .Margarito lost First fight by going threw the motions early and not putting it on Williams until mid fight. I think williams is Beatable,Freaky frame or not.Cintron (not a fan ) but he'll give Williams all he can Handle and has the one punch power the Ignite Pauls Chin.Potential Indeed for Williams and future but The ink has yet to dry.Fun to watch what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Out of all the fighters in that division, I see Paul Williams giving my boy PBF the toughest fight, This is the way I see it happening. Floyd stops Hatton on cuts around tthe 9th on cuts. But I believe Citron will be the Dark Horse to prevail, He lost against Margarito but that want happened again. I believe out of Cotto,Margarito and Citron, Citron is the more complete fighter, But I think Williams would give anyone trouble and a lot of it at that.Sorry for all the jumping around, a few brews tonight
    I don't think Cintron is as complete as Cotto at all...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshat, Williams has not proven he is the best, not by a LONG SHOT! He beat Margarito, barely, but he beat him. That's a good win, but it does not make him the best. His weird body and style could give anyone a tuff time including Floyd, but he has to actually beat the best, to be considered the best. It's like Ric Flair used to say: "To be the MAN, you have to beat the MAN....Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! !"
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PW is a great Talent and a anomaly like Boxing Gorilla said but not fully proven at the moment but so far he has been awesome ( love that word).

MArgo did catch him to the body a couple of times and rarely(meaning at times) he stays open when he throws. But still he still has a great fight with another power puncher. I can't wait to see that fight even tho Cintron is my countryman i'm going to watch that fight without no side.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What ever Anomaly means, if thats good he's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is how I rank the WWs right now.

PBF
    Cotto
    Williams
    Margarito
    Mosley
    Cintron
    Clottey
    Collazo
    Berto
    Quintana

Not really sure after Cintron but it sounds about right.

But here is where it gets interesting.

I think Williams could beat Floyd
    I think Cotto could beat Williams
    I think Cintron could beat Cotto
    I think Margarito could beat Cintron again, Steward or no Steward.
    I think Clottey could beat Margarito in a rematch

I'll stop here because this is getting confusing... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cool click... i agree.. one of Paul's best attributes is that he comes to fight.. Williams does not hide behind his reach.. if you look at the soles of his shoes they are worn on the toe portion, not the heel . Margarito and Cintron also very exciting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams time at 147 is going to be limited imo.He is going to have to move up sooner or later or he's going to be ultra weight drained for one of these fights.He is a good fighter,but he is also beatable.I hope Cintron does it,as the Margarito-Williams fight left a bitter taste in my mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Williams time at 147 is going to be limited imo.He is going to have to move up sooner or later or he's going to be ultra weight drained for one of these fights.He is a good fighter,but he is also beatable.I hope Cintron does it,as the Margarito-Williams fight left a bitter taste in my mouth
    how is that?? that was a very good match .. Paul is the least beatable of the lot. his hand speed is amazing, his work rate is extraordinary.. And when you can out work Antonio Margorito.. your doing something ! I don’t see anyone beating him at 147!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmanian Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    how is that?? that was a very good match .. Paul is the least beatable of the lot. his hand speed is amazing, his work rate is extraordinary.. And when you can out work Antonio Margorito.. your doing something ! I don’t see anyone beating him at 147!
    Being a huge Tony fan,seeing him lose left a bitter taste in my mouth. Had Margarito started like he did on Saturdy,I'm pretty confident he would have beat Williams. Williams is wide open to the body and there to be hit.A jab would land on him all night as would the uppercut,Margarito didn't use the uppercut enough.

Thread Information