Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My sparring/fighting problem

OK I'm very pissed right now. When sparring/fighting I have a problem with kids that just come at me and get right on top of me from the bell throwing bombs constantly. I dance around and dodge about 4 or 5 of their shots but they are coming so hard usually and with another punch right behind it that I can't slip and counter fast enough. I step back and throw jabs, I'll usually land one or two then he'll be so close I can't do anything but clinch so I go in for a clinch and see his bomb flying towards my face so I duck under it, and to do so I'm almost on my knee already and I can't stand back up to try to get him without getting smacked, but I can't clinch that low without him simply pushing me a little big and me being so off balance i tip onto a knee. It's so frusterating because the kids that aren't as agressive are so much easier for me when usually it seems that it's the opposite for a lot of people I don't know why. GRRRRRR....... DAMN!

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: My sparring/fighting problem

1st off right out of the gate pop them hard one good time and they will come in with that in their memory throughout the sparring session.

Next you need to shaddow box in the ring learn how big it is and use it don't get caught on the ropes. Utilize the jab and the cross, the good old 1-2 can stop any bullheaded fighter from charging in on you and make sure you move after you punch to avoid counters this should really tire out your opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My sparring/fighting problem

The only problem is that the only fighters that come at me like that aren't guys I spar, just guys that I fight randomly and know nothing about. I was using the one two as best as I could but as soon as I'd throw my jab his right would nail me before I got a chance to throw my left (I fight southpaw). I started skipping the jab and coming straight down the middle with a left and hit him good a few times but this guy was nuts and it didn't phase him, he just kept coming at me swinging and after about 2 rounds of sticking and moving I was gassed and he looked a little tired but not as much as me because I was dancing around the entire time when he would merely just step over and throw throw throw.

Thread Information