Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will GBP Be Good For The Future Of Boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will GBP Be Good For The Future Of Boxing?

One thing is certain. Golden Boy Promotions is going to be a big force in boxing for years to come. I have a tremendous amount of respect for De La Hoya and his accomplishments as he is one of my favorite fighters, but so do many other people. Including judges. In light of recent scoring of fights involving GBP fighters you have to wonder, maybe judges are being bribed or maybe they are blinded because they are under the Golden Boy spell. I will honestly admit when I watch a fighter I like I have given him the very close rounds from time to time. Judges in the Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight and the Steve Forbes-Demetrius Hopkins fight scored incorrectly. That is a fact. But there is a reason that they scored that way other than what their eyes saw. That is also a fact. This may be the problem of having a boxing icon promote a stable of fighters. I hope I am wrong because GBP has the potential to do great things for fighters.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will GBP Be Good For The Future Of Boxing?

Golden boy will implode with in 5 years if not careful.....To many ego's in one area....Remember there can only be one top dog in the yard....too many top dogs and they are all bound to find a new pen....Their concept is great....they have a hell of a stable though that is for sure.....

Old expressions become old expressions for a reason...That reason is they tend to show true more often then not....IMO GBP is best descriped as to much of a good thing...

To many top names want to be treated as if they are the star....one guy gets the notion he is being neglected he jumps ship...if the company gives in a chain reaction starts,,,,you can't please everyone...and when everyone wants to be pleased at once you have big problems
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gonna post something to the same effect but thought better of it with all the ODLH fans here. Seems alot of his fighters are involved in "controversial" decisions lately. Hopkins , Barrera, D-Hop V Forbes, now the Casamayor fight. The Barrera fight may not be bad but that Casamayor decision , was ridiculous. I like Casamayor and dont get me wrong , he's been on the other end of bad decisions, but I actually was disgusted with that decision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    One thing is certain. Golden Boy Promotions is going to be a big force in boxing for years to come. I have a tremendous amount of respect for De La Hoya and his accomplishments as he is one of my favorite fighters, but so do many other people. Including judges. In light of recent scoring of fights involving GBP fighters you have to wonder, maybe judges are being bribed or maybe they are blinded because they are under the Golden Boy spell. I will honestly admit when I watch a fighter I like I have given him the very close rounds from time to time. Judges in the Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight and the Steve Forbes-Demetrius Hopkins fight scored incorrectly. That is a fact. But there is a reason that they scored that way other than what their eyes saw. That is also a fact. This may be the problem of having a boxing icon promote a stable of fighters. I hope I am wrong because GBP has the potential to do great things for fighters.
    Probably, But fighters will look a little funny at the Pre-Fight Conferences in dresses
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CutmeOscar just sad clicked you

Thread Information